football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Spurs level on points with Arsenal
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 16:46
Spurs winning 3-1 with 4 minutes to go, switched off, what a waste

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Re: Spurs level on points with Arsenal
01 April, 2012 16:48
They still look good for 3rd imo

Ballistix (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:01
Good for third they threw away a 13 point lead at 2.0 up we will fight harder for third

Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:07
Easier run in as well. which makes yesterdays loss even more frustrating

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:12
squeaky bum time now ..... couple more performances like yesterday and we wld be scratching our heads

gooney (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:22
like I said after the qpr game....give me fourth now and I will bite your hands off. Spurs are nailed on fourth due to the games they have left. its between us and spurs for fourth and the arsenal vs chelsea game will be a decider

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:30
didnt Bale dive again tdy n was appealing for a penalty..... plus Perch did a Barton to Pepe..... absolutely ridiculous, both instances

gooney (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:35
pearch did what he had to do. it was a clear red anyway and if he didnt go down, the ref wouldnt do his job. sometimes players have to help refs

80'sGoona (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:50
Massive game against city now. Spurs have sunderland away don't they? That won't be easy either.

Shane (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:52
Quote:
gooney
Spurs are nailed on fourth due to the games they have left

Bullshit mate they've got some tricky away games to Sunderland and teams fighting relegation like QPR, Bolton and Blackburn which you can bet won't be as straight-forward as they look on paper because they never are.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 17:57
The run in means f*** all. Everyone's playing for something - there are no easy games come the end of the season.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 18:05
this forum is one heck of a weird place at times

nobody posted anything about spurs for 4 weeks whilst we were winning, all of a sudden it has become a spurs forum again

jokers

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Ballistix (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 18:22
Mad jens totally right

Jack agreed spuds ain't won nothing in five they win at home and suddenly they back in it in my mind they never went away we had to work hard and watch them lose a 13 point lead we will press on and take at least 4 points from city and Chelsea

Zainy (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 18:22
Let's hope the team don't have the defeatist attitude that some on hear appear to have.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 18:39
I always said the prizes are handed out in May. Some people were crwoing as if it was nailed on third.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Ballistix (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 18:59
I was not crowing as padre says it ain't over till the fat lady sings, for me we broke spuds resolve by closing a 13 point gap we have some tough games but all are people wrote us off before going to Stamford bridge but looked what happened there. People thought we'd struggle at Liverpool and we did but scraped three points qpr was going to be tough it's a derby against a team fighting to stay up. We have Chelsea at home and more than anyth I want to put some hurt on man city and there billionaire ethos!!!!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 19:24
A sudden lapse of concentration has been a feature of Wenger teams since 2005. By going on a 7 match winning run it looked like this had been overcome.

People say its one game but you can tell that Wenger aint happy about it, he has criticised the team openly.
Remeber he said, not me or anybody else on here, that each match was now to be treated like a cup final. Well we just lost one.

eduardo (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 19:30
and padre some people are crowing like spuds have 3rd won

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Blaine (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 19:58
Quote:
eduardo
and padre some people are crowing like spuds have 3rd won
Yeah I can't understand the extreme views on here at times.

no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 10:25
Quote:
Indiangooner
didnt Bale dive again tdy n was appealing for a penalty..... plus Perch did a Barton to Pepe..... absolutely ridiculous, both instances

didn't think that was a dive from Bale for once
ref probably would have pulled back the advatange and given a foul anywhere else on the pitch. bale kinda ran into the player, but it was a clumsy tackle, those decisions go 50-50 imvho

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

billy the fish (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 10:46
Spurs fan

City and Chelsea at home no way you will get 6 points.

Stoke and WBA away as well.

We will lose a couple but spurs will probably pip you to the post. You dont recover quickly after 1 bad result. Normally another follows.

If chelsea win the CL 4th is europa so this fight is for 3rd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 10:47 by billy the fish.

02 April, 2012 14:33
as a Spurs fan I don't know whether I want Chesea to go through against benfica or not ???

risk the small chance of them winning the CL (and meaning one of us and Arsenal will definitely miss out on CL)
vs
the risk of them not having to worry about a CL game against the most glamorous team in the world just a few days after our cup semi final
and a distraction whilst trying to finish above us and Arsenal in the league

PKGooner (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 14:37
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
as a Spurs fan I don't know whether I want Chesea to go through against benfica or not ???
risk the small chance of them winning the CL (and meaning one of us and Arsenal will definitely miss out on CL)
vs
the risk of them not having to worry about a CL game against the most glamorous team in the world just a few days after our cup semi final

Want them to beat Benfica

And get humiliated by Barcelona, which they will be

02 April, 2012 16:14
Quote:
PKGooner
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
vs

thumbs down

but what if Milan beat barca the night before PK ? what would you prefer then ??

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 16:34
Milan beating Barca at camp nou.... no chance ....

PKGooner (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 19:01
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
Quote:
PKGooner
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
vs

thumbs down

but what if Milan beat barca the night before PK ? what would you prefer then ??

No predicament now grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net