football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

European Game of the season. Dortmund 4 Stutgaart 4
celine dion (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 11:03
Did anyone watch this.

Dortmund went into a standard 2-0 lead on about 60 minutes, Kagawa and Kuba scoring simple goals, then Stutgaart who are actually going through a decent patch, scored 3 times in 5 minutes, then Hummels scored to make it 3-3 on about 80 mins with a cracker from outside the box, then that little curly haired dude who scored against us put them 4-3 up with 3 minutes left with a blinding half volley into the roof of the net from a corner, then with the signal iduna park desperately whistling for full time in the last minute of added time, the Dortmund defence all fell on their @#$%& and Stutgaat scored a cracking equaliser.

I thought Jurgen Klopps head was going to fall off.

Anyway, last seasons top game in Europe, I think, was Napoli 4-3 Lazio 3. I reckon this year it'll be this one, unless anyone has watched any others.

Re: European Game of the season. Dortmund 4 Stutgaart 4
Billythekid (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 11:05
Arsenal 5 Spuds 2

celine dion (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 11:09
well, apart from from our point of view, that wasnt as good a game. It was a bit one sided.

Rockstaar (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 11:16
I saw that game, definitely one of the more exciting matches...well if your not a Dortmund supporter...the crowd were brilliant too..the german league is really stepping up in terms of entertainment

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah110/onlyonerockstaar/arsenalsigs2_zps28332df5.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

Flava (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 11:26
Last year it was our 4 all with Newcastle i'd have thought.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 11:29
The German league has far more quality then the premier league. Game of the season no doubt.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 12:23
I watched it, I don't think Dortmund are very good at all.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

celine dion (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 12:39
Well, they are, attacking wise, thats not really typical of them, they are normally like that going forward, but without leaving the back door open. Like the week before for example when they beat Koln 6-1 away. Dont forget Bender and Gotze didnt play. Also Kehl was blatantly fouled for Stutgaarts 3rd goal.

But defensively they certainly had a bad night of it. I think they could get a better keeper than Weidenfuller as well.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 12:48
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth

oh dear...

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 13:47
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth

Yeah Dortmund ain't very good: Athletic Bilbao are crap. Javi Martinez is shite. Juan Mata is average. Kagawa is average. But wait for it... Obertan is a very good player.

Err, your football knowledge is [sic]

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:00
Robin Dutt (Leverkusen manager) surely needs to be sacked soon

The team since the winter break has looked a shambles.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 20:16
Quote:
Gunners R Us
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth

oh dear...

yeah no you are right the are great they were exceptional in europe as well, my bad i was thinking of that german team that finished bottom of our group

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 21:00
1. they should have beaten us at theirs
2. they were unlucky gotze and bender got injured during the 1st half at ours
3. they were idiots in that last game.

if man city can get by with the excuse of being inexperienced, why cant dortmund?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net