football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Hoilett on free
gooney (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 08:53
will be the signing of the summer. who ever gets him will get a smashing player on free

Re: Hoilett on free
21 March, 2012 08:54
agree actually.is a proper wnger signing too

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 08:57
Only used to cost a penny when I was a lad

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Bergmars (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 09:26
Inflation Padre it went up when we went to Ps

DB10,the best.

crumps (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 09:46
yeah would be a cracking signing

only problem i have is that we will surely have too many wingers: Gervinho, Theo, Oxlade, Ryo

aswell not being able to sell arshavin yet and the potential signing of podolski

and the emergence of gnarby who is getting rave reviews from the reserves

however hoilett recently seems to be playing much more centrally so maybe he could be used for that central role more

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:16
podolski isnt a winger

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:30
He only plays on the left wing for Germany, who are poor.

"I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids"

younghansolo (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 11:29
I thought he wouldn't actually be free because of his age. Meaning you have to pay compensation of around 5-8 million. Still a good deal but not as good as free obviously

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 11:52
Quote:
younghansolo
I thought he wouldn't actually be free because of his age. Meaning you have to pay compensation of around 5-8 million. Still a good deal but not as good as free obviously

I think you are right

I also think there is no such thing as too many players. The reason why it all seems rosy now is because we are only playing premier league games.

I do not know about you guys, but I would welcome a squad able to compete strongly in the league cup, Fa and europe and premiership for once.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 12:31
(Sm128)
With you there GRU. Esp' if it means actually competing, as opposed to saying we're competing like last season.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 12:34
Yeah I have to agree also

Shane (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 12:47
He would significantly strengthen the options we already have out wide.

Delete this thread tho, if Wenger knows the fans want him he won't go for him. We need an Inception machine to infiltrate Wenger's dreams and plant the suggestion of signing Junior Hoilett so that he thinks it's his idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2012 12:52 by Shane1988.

weedz (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 18:06
Quote:
Goofle11
He only plays on the left wing for Germany, who are poor.

Compared to whom, Tom?

Mertz for Club Captain

nis (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 18:37
im pretty sure he was being sarcastic

(hard work will beat talent if talent dont work hard)

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 18:41
Was talking about Hoilett at the beginning of the season, quality youngster. Would love to see him in an Arsenal kit.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 18:58
Chamakh was on fire when we signed him for free smiling smiley

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 19:00
If Hoilett can play as well as he has for Blackburn I think he passes the "can play for an EPL team" test. Like AOC he has been/can play through the middle of midfield as well, and pretty damn well to boot.

A big part of Chamakh's fine form in France was his relationship with Gourcuff, both have gone to cra.p since.

weedz (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 19:09
I watched the BB game and thought JHs crossing was excellent. Mostly on the deck and banged in hard. Another winger whose crossing were similar and very good during this match was Sunderland's McClean

Mertz for Club Captain

eduardo (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 19:18
he would not cost as much as £5M, its only training compensation BB would get, couple of million at most

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net