Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
"Van Persie's reaction after the second [Arsenal] goal was against fair play."
Posted by: eduardo (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 22:51

Clogs of War spat was RvP's fault says Newcastle star
Published 22:30 13/03/12 By John Cross
Recommend
Arsenal's Robin van Persie has been blamed over his nose-to-nose controntation with Newcastle keeper Tim Krul near the end of Monday's match.

Krul's team-mate Fabricio Coloccini insisted the flare-up between the two Dutchmen was down to the Arsenal skipper.

"They were speaking in Dutch and not in a friendly way," said Toon centre-back Coloccini. "Krul is a calm person and if he reacted negatively then, for me, it would have been because Van Persie was in the wrong.

"Van Persie's reaction after the second [Arsenal] goal was against fair play."

The Football Association are understood to be unlikely to take any action against the pair.

It is believed Van Persie and Krul are not the best of pals in the Dutch squad, and there was some rivalry on the training pitch in the last get-together.

But there is no particular history between them, other than their row over alleged time-wasting by Krul during Arsenal's win.

Nevertheless, national-team coach Bert van Marwijk will speak to both men to ensure there is no hangover from the incident at this summer's European Championship finals.

Van Marwijk said: "The players are professionals and I am sure any problems would be forgotten by the Euros."

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Re: "Van Persie's reaction after the second [Arsenal] goal was against fair play."
Posted by: RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 23:01

????????????????????

I mean it would help if we knew what they actually said here lol. Obviously they were @#$%& but why - time wasting? My guess there is just a bit more going on here...

Re: "Van Persie's reaction after the second [Arsenal] goal was against fair play."
Posted by: Simon68 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 00:18

Krul's been booked 4 times this season now.

That's a lot for a goalkeeper and would indicate someone who's not so perfect as Coloccini suggests.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 00:23

Pretending to collapse like a sack of potatoes wnen Gervinho grabbed barton is also not fair play but who cares. We got the points so get over it barcodes.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will show the same drab movie for a decade.

Nothing will change except the ticket prices

Kroenke & Wenger are made for each other.

Arsenal’s not a football club. It’s just a business. Myles Palmer

Posted by: Billythekid (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 01:12

Krul does it virtually every game, he is a serial offender for the love of God. Has no one else noticed ?

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 01:32

Coloccini - `Krul plays for my side`. `RvP must be wrong!!!

(Sm22) He`s as thick as his hair-do.

The Dutch coach is wrong as well IMO. Dutch football has a long history of team-mates hating each other and not getting on. It`s well documented and has cost them big tournaments in the past.

Mertz for Club Captain

Posted by: Ares (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 02:06

I think that Ajax - Feyernord thing is the single biggest reason why Rvp had zero service from Sneijder at the last world cup.

Posted by: Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 02:31

Coloccini models his hairstyle on my pubic area, the guy is ignoreable.

http://i.minus.com/ibh1xvc6mkPzx3.gif

Posted by: Simon68 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 09:49

Too much information, Goofle!

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 11:01

Didn't RVP just say "you can waste time now"?

I know who I think was in the spirit of fair play.
We pay to watch 90 minutes of football after all.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 11:37

If thats the worst thing anyone ever says to him he is a lucky man,he was wasting time and got what he deserved F all.

DB10,the best.

Posted by: Indiangooner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 11:41

Gutierrez told the Journal: "I think Van Persie was wrong. There was no need for him to do that - they have won the game, it is finished.

"I can't understand a person like that. I think it is not right. When you feel like that, it is because you are not a good person.

"I don't care about the football, I'm talking about the person. When you have people who do that, it's not right.

"We are all used to getting kicks, it's a sport of contact. But when you have things like that, it is not right. It is not easy to accept.

"He was the only Arsenal player who reacted like that. The others were saying to him, 'Calm down, calm down'. When you do that, the fans go crazy as well, so it's no good for the atmosphere of the sport.

"It didn't help the game - both sets of fans are having a good evening, they're enjoying the game.

"He made a big mistake. I say well done to Tim for staying calm. In a second, you can lose your mind, but we have to stay focused.

"I was pleased with Tim. You have to think of the next game and the rest of the season at that moment. It is no good to have a reaction and get a three-game ban or something like that."

Van Persie, who had earlier cancelled out Hatem Ben Arfa's opener with his 33rd goal of the season, clashed with goalkeeper Krul on several occasions as the home fans jeered him for what they believed was time-wasting with Newcastle looking likely to emerge from the game with a hard-earned point.

However, the feud escalated after Vermaelen's late strike as players from both sides became involved in an angry confrontation which delayed the restart.

Krul, however, was keen to draw a line under the incident.

He told the club's official website, www.nufc.co.uk: "I was disappointed with the incident involving Robin.

"We are both professional sportsmen and what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch.

"We are playing in arguably the best and toughest league in the world and things like this happen.

"There is only one thing on my mind during a game and that is to win."

Posted by: nis (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 11:49

loooool i remeber having this guy on my liverpool team in fm2007 and he didnt get along with kuyt or affelay and would have incidents in training how freaky is that

(hard work will beat talent if talent dont work hard)

Posted by: crumps (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 11:50

basically rvp mugged krul off by saying you can slow things down now after that 2nd goal!!!

krul didnt like what was said and it was krul that ran 20 yards to confront rvp!!!!

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 11:59

Fair play to Krul, he's come out and said it's over.

Krul was within his rights to take his time. It's up to Webb to book him. And RVP is within his rights to be p.issed off. I want my captain to show that sort of emotion. About time we started showing some grit, brilliant.

Posted by: Indiangooner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 12:06

Quote:
Flava
Fair play to Krul, he's come out and said it's over.
Krul was within his rights to take his time. It's up to Webb to book him. And RVP is within his rights to be p.issed off. I want my captain to show that sort of emotion. About time we started showing some grit, brilliant.

both were booked for their antics and thats whr it shld hv ended, but the "barcodes" dnt seem to want it to end and their players keep going on abt RVP being the guilty one.... Not one Arsenal player came out blaming Krul in public abt time wasting and blaming him for the verbal spat

Posted by: Billythekid (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 12:35

He is a @#$%& and RvP was right to make the comment he made.

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 12:56

A team managed by Alan Pardew, full of bad losers?
You don't say!!!
I'm still shocked by how humble AP was in his post match interview tbh.

Posted by: Rockstaar (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 13:52

Quote:

thumbs down
every goalkeeper does it...lord knows we've had our share..remember lehmann wasting his share and lets not talk about our current goalkeeper

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5066/verminator2.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net