Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
if RVP wants to go, then off he goes, lets not embarrass ourselves by begging him to stay...
Posted by: celine dion (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 20:31

Hear me out.

I dont want him to leave obviously, being the best player at the club and all, but one thing I cant be bothered with is another demeaning 'will he wont he' episode like we had last summer and for about 3 years before that really, with Fabregas.

I cant stand going on twitter and seeing people plaguing him and even his poor wife with attention, very much like they did with cesc, as a kind of subconscious emotional blackmail to stay at the club.

And now I hear stories, probably made up admittedly, that the club is going to give him a sort of massive bribe, sorry 'bonus' of 5 million quid to stay.

Well, I wouldnt give him it. If he doesnt want to stay, under normal t's and c's for someone of his age and injury record, its goodbye Robin, thanks for the fantastic season, one of the best by any arsenal player in a very long time, and good luck with whatever you choose to do next.

The club has been immeasurably better off this season without everybody having to worry about Cesc and whether he looked like he was enjoying himself. And strangely enough, the level of achievement has been exactly the same, despite the loss of 'the best attacking midfielder in the world' as many of us used to call him.

Plus, as Rockstaar said on another thread, how likely is it that RVP going to play another 2-3 seasons at this level, which is what he'd need to be doing for the size of the contract he's going to get.

Nope, if he fancies it somewhere else, dont drag it out, make a clean break of it, off he goes, it will bring in a lot of money, and we get someone else in. May even do the team good because it will have to find its goals elsewhere, Wenger wont be able to waste our time with chumps like Chamakh and Park in the squad, and rely on one star turn, but most of all, we wont have that big elephant in the room that we had with Fabregas and before that Henry, and before that Vieira, a player that we had to feel was doing us a big favour by being good enough to pull on the red and white.

Anyway, thats all, dont expect many people to agree with me except Rockstaar who has already said this, his words are buried in a 90 post thread so I thought the theme needed highlighting in a new one.

Re: if RVP wants to go, then off he goes, lets not embarrass ourselves by begging him to stay...
Posted by: Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 20:39

I personally think he will keep going at a very high level till he is around 33/34 because of the way he plays. He doesn't rely on pace, like many other great strikers. Think how long Bergkamp carried on playing, and he didn't even score that many goals.

http://i.minus.com/ibh1xvc6mkPzx3.gif

Re: if RVP wants to go, then off he goes, lets not embarrass ourselves by begging him to stay...
Posted by: eduardo (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 20:40

of course Arsenal should make him a very good offer, and if he refuses it and asks for a transfer he should be sold, the only question is what to do if he refuses a new contract and does not ask for a transfer, keep for one more year or sell to highest bidder

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Posted by: highburyfieldsfor71 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 20:44

Fair enough - if you have a defeatist attitude. If u think its OK to lose our best players WITHOUT trying to keep them then why don't u support Birmingham or somebody of that stature. Do u even support arsenal? I don't know you, but that is some odious thread.

Date: 09 March, 2012 20:50

(Sm22)

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Posted by: gunnersingh (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 20:58

Ed, I'd sell him to the highest bidder. I think we all know what Arsenal would do...

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:00

Quote:
eduardo
(Sm22)

I don't know what you are laughing about? Want to see this club a CUKOLD to Man City the way Spurs are to UTD. That thread has me fuming.

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 21:03

Quote:
celine dion
his words are buried in a 90 post thread so I thought the theme needed highlighting in a new one.

Buried is a good word, if Padre implemented a 30 post per page system then I'm confident Rockstaar's pearl of wisdom would be seen by many more other than you, but they won't cuz nobody goes into a thread with 100 posts that hasn't reached a second page yet.

But anyways, I agree with alot of your sentiments on Van Persie.

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:05

Hi there Julian. I'm not suggesting we let him walk out the door with no attempt to keep him, OBVIOUSLY. What I am saying is exactly what Eduardo has said. Make him a handsome, but not OTT offer, in one short sharp series of meetings, and if he's not interested, sell him abroad. Interesting point about keeping him for a further year, if he doesnt sign. I would say certainly not, because we would then end up with this soap opera where everybody would be hoping he changed his mind and practically begging him to do so. Thats the situation we ended up with before with Fabregas, and it was very unhealthy.

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:06

shane its not the number of posts that has his comments buried, its the stupid practice of quoting others full posts when only answering one or two points made, and then quoting the post and answer and on and on and on as it goes, especially by one poster

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:11

Eduardo:

[youtu.be]

In good grace lol.

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:13

Ed - I'd say it's more the amount of posts in the thread than the quoting of full posts which I agree is needless most of the time.

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:21

Quote:
Shane1988
Quote:
celine dion
his words are buried in a 90 post thread so I thought the theme needed highlighting in a new one.

Buried is a good word, if Padre implemented a 30 post per page system then I'm confident Rockstaar's pearl of wisdom would be seen by many more other than you, but they won't cuz no. y goes into a thread with 100 posts that hasn't reached a second page yet.

But anyways, I agree with alot of your sentiments on Van Persie.

Speak for yourself. ok, I'm new here, but I've gone back at least a hundred pages and read all the comments to an extent. I like Radiofree's posts and threads - he knows his stuff. Half the posters here just react to stimuli instead of actually writing about Arsenal.

Posted by: RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 21:23

There is no player on Earth that cannot be sold.

Our problem is our Board is only too happy not re-invest comparable money back into improving the team.

We are completely the opposite of Clubs that believe their supporters deserve to see some effort from the Club to improve because they pay exoritant ticket prices. Our Board is happy to play fopr the suckers so many choose to be and laughs at those people who insist what they are is loyalists.

As I say you can sell any player if you are will;ing to invest in improving the team withput them. Our Board has gotten away with not doing that and will try to as long as we let them unless we do fall so far that relegation is a possibility. Our Board stopped caring about then Club or supporters some time ago by the looks of it and used the club and us to make themselves even richer and supporters like the loyalists on here made it easy for them. They may not have meant to but that's what their refusal to face this did.

Posted by: PKGooner (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 21:25

Most of the posters do react to you Julian.

You really do need to get a life. There really is more to life then creating one thousand accounts on a team's forum you don't even support. You must have the highest number of posts on here if all your accounts posts were combined.

I genuienly mean this, without any malice. You really need to have a look at yourself and what you're doing with your spare time.

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:36

Quote:
RadioFreeArsenal
There is no player on Earth that cannot be sold.
Our problem is our Board is only too happy not re-invest comparable money back into improving the team.

We are completely the opposite of Clubs that believe their supporters deserve to see some effort from the Club to improve because they pay exoritant ticket prices. Our Board is happy to play fopr the suckers so many choose to be and laughs at those people who insist what they are is loyalists.

As I say you can sell any player if you are will;ing to invest in improving the team withput them. Our Board has gotten away with not doing that and will try to as long as we let them unless we do fall so far that relegation is a possibility. Our Board stopped caring about then Club or supporters some time ago by the looks of it and used the club and us to make themselves even richer and supporters like the loyalists on here made it easy for them. They may not have meant to but that's what their refusal to face this did.

(Sm42)

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:38

(Sm128) I learned my lesson on this when the Cowboys traded Herschel Walker.

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:38

Is that truth?

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:40

yes, this week he's pretending to be an old arsenal fan.

Date: 09 March, 2012 21:42

Maybe he has finally found his true self?

Posted by: Simon68 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 21:59

Re: if RVP wants to go, then off he goes, lets not embarrass ourselves by begging him to stay... new
Date: 09 March, 2012 21:23

Our Board stopped caring about then Club or supporters some time ago by the looks of it and used the club and us to make themselves even richer

Who is 'Our Board' that you refer to?

Date: 09 March, 2012 22:04

oh jesus simon don't encourage him, (Sm22)

Date: 09 March, 2012 22:09

[twitpic.com]

Date: 09 March, 2012 22:20

The Board that runs the Club for Mr. Kroenke. The Board that used to own the Club back in 2005 essentially minus David Dein, Lady Bracewell-Smith and of course Dan Fiszman who all just happened to make staggering amounts of money along with Richard and Carr and Peter Hill-Wood though they insisted making money themselves never once guided one of their actions.

Date: 09 March, 2012 22:31

Tell you what chaps lets not turn it into another sprawling discussion about the board. Also Radio, i would be very surprised if we got relegated, seeing as we just duffed up spurs and liverpool and are a comfortable 4th in the league. Much as i like having a great big moan up, im finding less and less to moan about nowadays. The clubs quite a happy place, wengers stopped being quite so ridiculously stubborn, and it looks like were getting a very decent player in, Podolski. No, seats are a bit expensive, but cant complain overall.

Date: 09 March, 2012 22:36

/thread

Posted by: jon_sammels_lovechild (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 22:37

Agree with the sentiments Celine. Reality is that the players hold nearly all the cards as there is too much money chasing too little talent. Christ on a bike Tevez on £200+k pw and he can’t even be bothered to turn up and collect his money. What hope can other clubs have of holding on to players……….you offer them higher wages, front loaded ”loyalty” bonus , improved tax free image rights and then after a season they’re off declaring their undying love for the club and citing artistic differences.

Date: 09 March, 2012 22:47

The people who run the Club for Stan Kroenke are not and never were shareholders and therefore couldn't make themselves richer at our expense. Hill-Wood was never a large shareholder.

The person who kicked the whole thing off was of course David Dein who many who oppose the current incumbents actually want back to take charge of the Club.

What a joke that is.

Posted by: karsene16 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 22:50

I will give kroenke a couple more years before blaming him for anything.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/wilshere.jpg?t=1376646952

Posted by: Mad Jens (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 22:53

Can't be arsed to read all the responses but I pretty much agree with Celine's (and Rockstarr's) sentiments.

Date: 09 March, 2012 22:58

Re: if RVP wants to go, then off he goes, lets not embarrass ourselves by begging him to stay... new
Posted by: karsene16 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 22:50

I will give kroenke a couple more years before blaming him for anything.

That's surprisingly magnanimous of you, karsene.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2012 23:15

A good point, you make Celine/Rocky, and you are correct in saying we don`t need the constant flow of dribble, that`s spewed out about which club is coming around to knock on the Arsenal high-end produce door.

Ever since PV4s use of the media, back in the early 2000s, the media circus have had bloody good pickings at our club.

But that`s the problem, isn`t it?

It`s not so much that in the last five years we`ve sold off 50 players. 21 of whom were first-team/top-end players, in-so-much-as it was the tedious length of time and the tedious, constant reporting, day after bloody day, constant negativity, that has made 4 or 5 transfers, in those 5 seasons, a living nightmare at times.

Who was Anthony Stokes?

And we, as fans, can`t do FA about that, unless we`re willing to forgo reading and listening about our club.

So with this in mind, and I take into account the length of time concluding these trasfers, I have to disagree with your sentiments, even at the risk of negativity.

Because if we don`t go hard out to re-sign RvP and pull out all the stops, we risk losing his resale value and Arsenal are the club who have made RvP the valuable player he is.

No-matter what happens we must not let the situation become Flamoney-like.

In saying this, I believe RvP will see out his career with us.

Mertz for Club Captain

Date: 10 March, 2012 00:13

Let's see...

Celine you seem all too eager to accept that everything is all change without tangible proof fof that and given how strongly you felt proor to now I find that sadly worrying. How else can we be sure there will be actual change if we are happy to accept whatever is leaked to us from them so easily? I hope there is real change for the better afoot, I just wouldn't assume that is actually true just yet.

jon, I would not disagree with that sentiment so much as say that that is the way that it is and so long as football collectively allows for it where i disagree with people like Eduardo is this notion that we should be happy to sacrifice success to unilaterally defend this pirnciple about players being overpaid and having too much control over this which of course they do.

But its hypocritical of a club only too happy to charge supporters more to its attend its matches than any other club in world football to suggest it is defending this principle even as its wealthy shareholders pocket another 400 million as a result. You are determined to pay players much less than charge supporters much less. Otherwise it's just more greed-driven bull even if players are in fact overpaid as they are.

Karsene the problem is he has been here on the Board since 2008 and giving him that much more time is giving that much more opportunity to overcharge and underinvest and make more profits for himself. Do we want to risk letting that happen?

Simon that is true - but the fact is as you note the large shareholders to sold to Stan Kroenke were on the Board - Dan Fiszman, Lady Bracewell-Smith, and Richard Carr. And while David Dein did bring Stan Kronke to Arsenal ne also brought Ruslan Usmanov and I agree he is not someone to be trusted blindly at all. I do think there are real questions about his role in all this but make no mistake the other large shareholders all intended to sell. Otherwise they would still be shareholders.

If Dan Fiszman alone had sold I could by the whole "he only sold because was dying and had no one who wanted to his polace at Arsenal in his family argument". But clearly if that was all there was to this no one else would have sold to anyone outside the Club. Period. Not Lady Bracewell-Smith. Not The Carr Family. Not Peter Hill-Wood. And not David Dein. And that's if in fact Mr. Fiszman's decision were solely driven by his failing health and there is no real proof to support that unfortunately.

Date: 10 March, 2012 00:23

It's also true they (Fizsman, Carr, B-S etc.) could have sold to Usmanov for a higher price than they sold to Kroenke.

And Dein sold before anyone else and tried to persuade Nina B-S to sell behind the Board's back. Which is why he was kicked out.

Date: 10 March, 2012 00:34

They could have but they didn't want to and given the fact that bar Mr. Fiszman they invested exactly NONE of their own money it was palying with house money. They made massive profits either way despite insisting that had no desire to make any profits for themselves.

Again I have no quarrel with them making profits for themselves. But as you are suggesting here they could have made an even smaller but still rather healthy profit by not limiting what was re-invested in the football team.

Between them those who sold the club to Messers Kroenke and Usmanov from our board and profited nearly 400 million pounds having invested just over 10 million pounds total and all of that came from the pockets of David Dein and Dan Fiszman. Would a collective profit of only say 100 million or even 200 million and the club winning a few more trophies have been so unfair to them? Would their families have been thrown on the street? Would they have had to sell all of personal assets then to make up the difference had they only made 100 million between them (a profit of over 90 million btw)?

Posted by: jon_sammels_lovechild (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 00:56

Radio
It’s worse than that. The old board and Dein could have held on to their shares and bought in the expertise to exploit the commercial opportunities coming up in the Far East, etc. Instead they took virtually zero risk building the new stadium and then sold out as soon as possible without a thought about the fans or the history of the club . As someone else on another thread said Denis Hill-Wood must be spinning in his grave.

Date: 10 March, 2012 01:02

I think that might have been me I know I suggested Peter Hill-Wood's ancestors would be ashamed of what he let and helped make happen.

I think your comments are dead on. Absolutely dead on. This was classicx reagan-Era greed at its worst, and the contempt they showed for the Club and its supporters is remarkable. The loyalty to and trust in them many still show is every bit as remarkable really.

Date: 10 March, 2012 03:46

Quote:
RadioFreeArsenal
I think that might have been me I know I suggested Peter Hill-Wood's ancestors would be ashamed of what he let and helped make happen.
I think your comments are dead on. Absolutely dead on. This was classicx reagan-Era greed at its worst, and the contempt they showed for the Club and its supporters is remarkable. The loyalty to and trust in them many still show is every bit as remarkable really.

Try telling that to the stimuli posters, Radio -- you'll be shot down. Go back a few pages and read what your man Celine Dion said about arsenal - now read his back tracking replies. Hypocrite stands to mind.

Date: 10 March, 2012 05:14

I wouldn't suggest he is being hypocritical. I would say his fault here is being to happy to believe what he wants to believe now and letting his guard down and letting go of his very healthy sense fo skepticism.

I can't fault him so much as such feel badly because I want all the positive stories to be true too. I just think we have seen and heard all of this before and more than a few times since 2005 and its not worth just believing or even wanting to believe on its own anymore.

Posted by: Mad Jens (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 06:20

Case in point: RadioHead and tti working together.

Date: 10 March, 2012 07:45

Save your paranoia for when you're on drugs. It will be of real benefit then.

Date: 10 March, 2012 08:01

Look, you cant just moan for the sake of it. Weve had two bad periods this season but they have been very brief. And beating spurs 5-2 is one hell of a way to make up for it. I still think Wenger wont be around much longer, i also think that the first leg of the milan game signalled a big step backward in terms of our club prestige. I also think that the board, obviously, are quite happy for the club to finish fourth and call it an achievment. No change there. But the difference is, i like what i am seeing at the actual club, on the pitch. Wenger was faced with a disasterous scenario losing 2 of his 3 best players in the space of a week, so he has done very well to stop us dropping into oblivion. A lot of the things people lile me have lambasted him for, he has sorted out. Sh*t keeper? Sorted it out. Poor central defenders? Sorted it out. Overpaid tw*ts like bendnter and denilson? Sorted it out. Over reliance on RVP? Well if hes signed Podolski then hes gone a pretty big step to sorting that out as well. Look, i call it as i see it. If were doing sh*t, ill say so. If the signs are becoming more positive, then its not hypocritical to say so. Its SENSIBLE. I still think Wenger should probably go sooner rather than later, becsuse apart from anything else hes old. But it should be in a controlled measured way rather to someone who will carry on the blueprint but enhance it with increased spending and some of their own ideas (ahem, jurgen klopp) , not a baby out with the bathwater sort of change. Then we should wait and see if the fair play regs change anything, and if they dont, campaign for THOSE rather than.against our own board.

Date: 10 March, 2012 08:16

By the way radio. Highbury fields is a troll. Its julian pretending to be a silver generation arsenal fan, for reasons only he will be able to confirm. Becoming idealogical allies with him isnt going to do your credibility on the board much good mate.

Date: 10 March, 2012 08:24

That is simply beyond naive, Celine. The fact is we jhave no reason to be confident we can trust the people running the Club and simply never should have. Being loyal to and trusting in them unconditionally only gives them the opporunity to exploit that loyalty something history will likely show is excatly what they did and now the new owner is hoping to do.

The Club has no incentive to show any regard for what matters to the supporters as long the supporters are so helplessly loyal and trusting they won't stand up for themselves and their club.

If you want more of the same just trust the Club and you'll get it because you give them no reason at all to offer any different Celine. You want to just break the moment you hear some good stories and ignore whether they reflect the true facts or not that's your choice, but don't pretend anyone who doesn't is just moaning for the sake of moaning beca=use if you are incorrect and you become disenchanted again the words in this thread may well come back to really haunt you.

Date: 10 March, 2012 08:29

I could care less who he is. I'm not here to play personality games. I can leave that to those who enjoy it. Arsenal ain't Big Brother. This isn't some game I am trying to win. I want what is right for Arsenal Football Club. I want what =is best for Arsenal Football Club. That's that.

I can't bring myself to read all this drama. It's too confusing and frankly really weird and not that imporatnt in the real scheme of things though no offense is intended by that. But you can do that on any forum about any topic with anyone. My concern is the current and future state of Arsenal Football Club. Anything else is after that.

Posted by: Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 08:31

so is jon sammuels love child 100%

anyway
Quote:
Celine Dion
Well, I wouldnt give him it. If he doesnt want to stay, under normal t's and c's for someone of his age and injury record, its goodbye Robin

Surely he isnt normal, only two players in the world are playing better than him right now. if he were to leave, we would play more than 5 mill over the odds and a salary like what he would be offered to replace him

if we offer him that kind of many and he accepts, he would be worth every penny

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 08:32 by Jack_is_the_truth.

Date: 10 March, 2012 08:44

Its not noises is it radio. The teams spent much of the season playing quite well. Lately, really well. To disregard this is churlish. I spent two months telling anyone who would listen that the spurs home game would bring about a disasterous defeat and wenger leaving. Didnt happen did it. Egg on face for Celine Dion. I dont care for Gazidis and i have a cynicism toward any very rich persons like kroenke. I also think wenger made a complete balls of the the three seasons.before this one. But he hasnt done badly this one has he. All this negative talk loses its impetus when the teams rushing up the league. You used the word relegation in one of your posts yesterday. Thats crazy talk. You need to enjoy football when its going well, otherwise why be a fan.

Date: 10 March, 2012 08:51

Yes jack im not saying dont make him a very handsome offer, with commeasurate signing on fee. Hes probably third best player in the world at present. What i am saying is if he is not of a mind to take it, early doors, lets not demean ourselves by begging and pleading. And i do think the 5 mil bonus is too much. If your having yo hand over that kind of money, it suggests he doesnt want to be there, so it could still all end in tears.

Date: 10 March, 2012 08:57

i think it suggests that he is worth that kind of money and it will probably save the club money in the long run

I agree that we shouldnt beg anyone to stay at arenal ever, but RVP has already said that contract talks wont start untill after the season is complete. im sure he is just wanting what every other fan is wants, quality signings

which is probably why podolski will be announced at the end of the month, with gotze and hazard to follow after(Sm48)

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 09:19

Henry took 5 million bonus and left the next year.
Hill Wood not a large share holder? He sold Dein a lot of shares, and still had a small but important holding that went for £6 million. His one time allies eg Lady Nina ahd a very large holding.

But why take sides? They are a shower of shite the lot of them. I didnt like Dein but he was able to push Wenger to go the extra 10 p to buy a player.

Now we know Wenger is very good friends with him, being as how the bloke is the devil incarnate is that a character flaw in Arsene?

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will show the same drab movie for a decade.

Nothing will change except the ticket prices

Kroenke & Wenger are made for each other.

Arsenal’s not a football club. It’s just a business. Myles Palmer

Posted by: Bring back stepanovs! (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 09:19

If we were to sign hazard and gotze in one go jack id come find you in real life and kiss you

Date: 10 March, 2012 09:21

yuck, if ever there was a reason not to sign them

The future is now!!!!!!!

Date: 10 March, 2012 09:52

If you hate arsenal and the way she is run so much Celine Dion, why don't you pop on over to utd - I'm sure they would delighted to have you.

Date: 10 March, 2012 10:01

lets have in intervention

Do you think that you need a fresh start thats why you keep making up different personas, Julian. The problem with that is that you keep acting the fool regardless of the name or persona you choose.

Listen lots of people have their heads handed to them on a regular basis on here and they have kept coming back like men, they dont feel the need to reinvent themselves each time, sometimes they even fight back and win an argument or two, and im sure they feel the better for it. Granted they dont get @#$%& slapped as much as you do but being an idiot is your thing man, embrace it.

The future is now!!!!!!!

Date: 10 March, 2012 12:37

Why do people have to see things in just black and white?

Of course people of the old Board made mistakes and made money out of Arsenal's success, but we have a new 60,000+ stadium, a healthy balance sheet, small debt, loads of good players, 30 odd million supporters worldwide and a lot more room for expansion of commercial enterprises.

How many other clubs in world football can say many or even one of those things for that matter?

It's not as if they left the Club in a mess is it? Did they ever take dividends out of the Club? No. Is the current owner? No. Does Usmanov want to in the highly unlikely event he owns the Club? Yes. Like the Glazers do.

Has it been run badly like Liverpool under Moores who then sold out to Hicks and Gillette because they offered a few quid more? And they in turn made Liverpool a laughing stock. And they are still a joke under Henry. What about Chelsea under Abramovich? Or Glasgow Rangers? Or Tottenham under Levy looking mugs over the Olympic Stadium and then begging for public money to redevelop their ground in High Road N17?

Perceptions of things you don't have control over often have to be influenced by comparisons. Important things like voting in Governments can be influenced by us or we can even become part of Government, but control of our football club isn't something we can influence or become part of without the odd billion quid knocking around, so comparison is all we have, and I'd rather be us than one of the above or ManCiteh who everyone knows have out-Chelsied Chelsea and display an equal lack of class as well.

I'd rather have the Club owned by the fans myself, but that's not possible so we have what we have and there it is.

And Padre, Hill-Wood sold Dein most of his shares for £300,000 in about 1983 and as far as I was aware then made about £900,000 odd from the Kroenke sale.

Lady Nina inherited her shares and it never really was anything other than business for her.

I think loyalty to the degree he shows Dein is poor judgement to be honest, but we've all done that for people we owe I'm sure.

Date: 10 March, 2012 12:44

hmm I dont think any of us can be certain of Kroenke's ambitions for the simple reason he hasnt told us them. But theres plenty of noise suggesting that Wenger was the one wouldnt spend the money. The jurys out for now on both board and manager, they have shown enough this season to suggest they both still know what they are doing, more or less, and the doom and gloom hasnt arrived. And as it hasnt really arrived, its time for people like me to stand up and say we were wrong, rather than trying to come up with reasons why things are sh*t, when they arent. Last game I went to, i had a GREAT time. And from what I can work out, I like all the players as people and sportsmen as well, its a long time since I have been able to say that.

Date: 10 March, 2012 12:57

Well said Celine. Big of you too.

How do we replicate the last two games both on and off the pitch?

Do we and the players turn up against Newcastle expecting to win because we have turned over Sp*rs, Hooferpool and Milan?

Or do we start at full throttle, feed off each other and never let up?

Everyone would agree it's the latter and it's obviously the winning formula, so why can't everyone do it?

Date: 10 March, 2012 13:07

You cant keep that level of support up at every game. It just wont happen. After the spurs game it took me four days to start talking normally again, I broke my headphones and someone very nearly broke my ribs. I daresay the same thing would have happened if I had been at the Milan game.

Teams do need to find a groove of efficency, not rely on the crowd. I am encouraged though, because I think they are finding it at the mo, and unlike many seasons in the past where at this stage of the season, there has the very real sensation that we are running on empty, this time it is our trajectory that is the upward one, and our rivals are the ones having problems and whose momentum is being lost. And you cant underestimate team spirit, i know we take the p*ss out of Wenger for talking about it, but the atmosphere around this bunch is completely different to some of the sulky little t*rds we have had to watch in the last few seasons.

So without becoming complacent, Wengers teams have always tended to function very well when they have one game a week, which is what we have now. They just need to keep playing their football, be lucky with injuries, and stick together, and theres no reason with or without the supporters doing their thing why they cant get to the end of the season in 3rd / 4th place, which you would have to view as a success considering where we were before, and then the challenge is to the club to BUILD, and that is what I would expect to see.

In short, I dont see them turning up against Newcastle and just expecting to win, because they dont strike me as that sort of bunch.

Posted by: SandyB (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 13:34

Nope, don't agree with the thread.

Club MUST offer a reasonable market value wage to Robin Van Parsie and if that has to include 5 million bonus or whatever. A free Van Parsie will get 200K offer from lot of clubs at the moment. So he should be immediately offered at least 150K and RVP is a smart guy and a perfect professional, he knows at his age it will be very difficult to adapt anywhere else and could end his career prematurely somewhere in MLS.

So bottomline, club needs to stop dragging their feet and offer whatever supposed to be on the table and make it public. Period. Without doing that begging Van Parsie through tweeter or whatever fuc.k has absolutely no meaning.

** Before Eduardo comes up with his argument against making offer public, we all know what offer Man United finally put on table to Rooney when he signed his contract. There is nothing wrong in it. If Van Parsie refuses the offer which at least matches what he could get from others then we could talk about selling him.

Actually, I read Rockstaar's comment and I find arrogant and meaningless as usual which one hand he says if RVP wants to go let him fu.ck off, on the otherhand he believes RVP will stay. Even as a half fan, I could tell you no proper fan of a team should ever talk about a player who has shown unquestionable commitments towards his team to pull the team singlehandedly out of crisis.

Posted by: Rockstaar (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 13:40

good post Celine...Arsenal is in a similar position they were with Nasri (although, I didn't think Nasri was worth the money we offered him or what City paid for him so we got the better deal)

RVP has one year left and if he doesn't sign I think we take the money and call it a day. Wenger can say whatever he wants but that's whats going to happen

RVP is probably holding out to see if we make certain quality signings, since I don't think he wants to leave.

But once the actual offers come in you never know what a person will do, he's winding down in his career and might want a decent payday to secure his family

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5066/verminator2.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

Date: 10 March, 2012 13:42

Quote:
SandyB
Nope, don't agree with the thread.
Club MUST offer a reasonable market value wage to Robin Van Parsie and if that has to include 5 million bonus or whatever. A free Van Parsie will get 200K offer from lot of clubs at the moment. So he should be immediately offered at least 150K and RVP is a smart guy and a perfect professional, he knows at his age it will be very difficult to adapt anywhere else and could end his career prematurely somewhere in MLS.

So bottomline, club needs to stop dragging their feet and offer whatever supposed to be on the table and make it public. Period. Without doing that begging Van Parsie through tweeter or whatever fuc.k has absolutely no meaning.

** Before Eduardo comes up with his argument against making offer public, we all know what offer Man United finally put on table to Rooney when he signed his contract. There is nothing wrong in it. If Van Parsie refuses the offer which at least matches what he could get from others then we could talk about selling him.

Actually, I read Rockstaar's comment and I find arrogant and meaningless as usual which one hand he says if RVP wants to go let him fu.ck off, on the otherhand he believes RVP will stay. Even as a half fan, I could tell you no proper fan of a team should ever talk about a player who has shown unquestionable commitments towards his team to pull the team singlehandedly out of crisis.

I agree with you 100% about RVP. Some people here just waffle like know it alls for the sake of it. They like the sound of their own voice and speak without useing any brain matter. You just mentioned 2 out of the 5 main offenders. It's a shame they have to act like idiots wothout thinking. There are some very good posters here, yourself included who offer up some very good think pieces. I can't stand know it alls, who don't know their a.rse from their backside. The game is a collective matter and there is no 100% right at all times.

Date: 10 March, 2012 13:42

Nasri was one of those players who was good for us but not so good elsewhere. Needs Wengers coaching on a regular basis and to be manoevred into attacking positions by the rest of the team as a kind of 'main man'

But RVP could do what he wanted anywhere.

Date: 10 March, 2012 13:44

ps. Sandy

you're not too good at the WUM thing..your tactics are getting stale now..come again please I deserve better

Date: 10 March, 2012 13:46

Quote:
But RVP could do what he wanted anywhere

agree with that totally...which is the dilemma isn't it

Date: 10 March, 2012 13:52

Quote:
celine dion
Nasri was one of those players who was good for us but not so good elsewhere. Needs Wengers coaching on a regular basis and to be manoevred into attacking positions by the rest of the team as a kind of 'main man'
But RVP could do what he wanted anywhere.

So why don't you help him pack his bags seems you're so desperate for him to leave. He might give you a nice tip when he gets into the taxi.

Date: 10 March, 2012 13:54

Quote:
ps. Sandy
you're not too good at the WUM thing..your tactics are getting stale now..come again please I deserve better

You don't deserve better, just don't. Any proper fan of a club talking about letting go the best player who is as of date showing the best performance to any standard on pitch week in week out isn't acceptable.

No one should even talk about that. Period.

Comparing RVP with Nasri is another laughable thing, Nasri is doing reasonably well w.r.to his capability in the 1st season and doesn't come anywhere close to RVP in terms of quality, experience and achievement in their respective career.

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:07

sigh Sandy, its 9am here...I don't have the energy to indulge your foolishness

couple of things though...if you insist on trying to wind someone up you have to do better

my points are very clear and the fact that you are trying make them into something they're not is just silly and obvious

and you of all people telling people what proper supporters should do and behave..the man who supports 2 gazillion clubs is also silly and obvious

like I said I deserve better...please refer to page 250 of the WUM handbook you received when you first started posting on here

Thank you for your time

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:20

julian, you arent going to get a rise out of me, so go and have a beer or something. Literally nobody is reading what you are writing. Just be yourself. People liked you better when you were yourself.

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:21

Ok, you are RIGHT. It's true actually supporting Arsenal is like supporting whichever NFL club you support in States,lol. Cos that's the game you watch on TV, same thing goes to one of the club when I watch Serie A matches. Nothing serious. Least I bother you keep RVP or sell him. Thanks.

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:26

Quote:
celine dion
julian, you arent going to get a rise out of me, so go and have a beer or something. Literally nobody is reading what you are writing. Just be yourself. People liked you better when you were yourself.

just for the record i am not included in these "people" that celine is referring to

The future is now!!!!!!!

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:33

Sandy give up...you are just desperate now

NFL is a different sport isn't it, not the same as you supporting 20 football clubs

again your WUM tactics are really lacking today...

lets see whats next...uummm probably something about the English

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:39

Quote:
SandyB
Ok, you are RIGHT. It's true actually supporting Arsenal is like supporting whichever NFL club you support in States,lol. Cos that's the game you watch on TV, same thing goes to one of the club when I watch Serie A matches. Nothing serious. Least I bother you keep RVP or sell him. Thanks.

Ignore him, Sandy - he's the WUM, not you. He's not even aan rsenal fan from what I've read about his comments to RVP. Do what I do and ignore the t.urds who waffle out their backsides looking for a rise.

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:43

Quote:
NFL is a different sport isn't it, not the same as you supporting 20 football clubs

so in your book, I should stick to supporting one team only even if I don't happen to watch them due to some reason. lol. Off the book I actually do really support one football club only.
In fact, my WUM book says almost all the fans who are TV viewers aren't actually any kind of real fans.lol.
Don't take them seriously. The point is I guess, any real fan will be obviously angry if their best player happen to move on to somewhere else due to any reason.

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:47

sandy you turnip, you foolow all 20 of your teams exlusively on tv(Sm6)(Sm6)

The future is now!!!!!!!

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:49

he's trying really hard today...I'm done

Date: 10 March, 2012 14:56

Quote:

sandy you turnip, you foolow all 20 of your teams exlusively on tv

Less than your dish TV could tune into. So don't see you anything better than me in this aspect.lol.

Date: 10 March, 2012 15:01

Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
sandy you turnip, you foolow all 20 of your teams exlusively on tv(Sm6)(Sm6)

How many games have you been to? I bet you've never been to one.

Date: 10 March, 2012 16:47

http://maddensresort.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/fishing.jpg

Date: 10 March, 2012 17:45

Celine talking about taking a comment out of context. I said if we continue to sit quietly and allow the club to continue running things on the current policy we could far so far that in another couple of years relegation could become a possibility. The fact is despite Mad jens attempts to re-write history and reality., we are one specific player and his phenomenal personal form away this year from being in fifteenth place right now. Now rtelegation would still not be a danger this year even if he were not here now given the gap that would remain between us and the bottom three if that were the case.So don't just misinterpret my words please. At least check with me if you have a question - I'll happily answer.

As for my mood - I was delighted when we tonked the s**r @#$%& - best feeling I have had in, well, since Henry's stoppage-time winner against the Mancs in 07 at the Emirates (was lucky enough to be there), and was actually nearly as delighted when we won at Anfield (possibly the single most important result of our season in terms of securing a top-four place) and was even thrilled by the Milan match and the real effort we put in when you could almost have excused us settling for 1-0 or 1-1. Haven't been that proud of our side the Win at Old Trafford in 06 when every expected a result more like this year's match really.

I can keep my absolute passion and support for the team and players on the pitch and my concerns about the Club off it separate and thank God for that - literally.

Date: 10 March, 2012 18:27

Quote:
SandyB
Quote:

sandy you turnip, you foolow all 20 of your teams exlusively on tv

Less than your dish TV could tune into. So don't see you anything better than me in this aspect.lol.

tune in on monday you might see a "sandyb numpty" sign

The future is now!!!!!!!

Date: 10 March, 2012 18:32

Quote:

Didn't your mum taught you to speak to people properly?

Date: 10 March, 2012 18:50

Quote:
SandyB
Quote:

Ignore him, Sandy - he's a clueless t.urd.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 19:22

Offer RVP a very very good contract to be signed this summer if he turns it down so be it keep him for his last year and move on.

DB10,the best.

Date: 10 March, 2012 19:35

Quote:
SandyB
Quote:

no but she did teach me

The future is now!!!!!!!

Date: 10 March, 2012 21:43

Date: 10 March, 2012 17:45

we are one specific player and his phenomenal personal form away this year from being in fifteenth place right now.

Why's that then? Because we would only be playing with 10 men maybe if he was injured?

The last I knew was that RvP has been an Arsenal player for about 8 years. And he's been fit all season which he's supposed to be. And he's our centre forward. And he's turned into a world class player as an Arsenal player.

What is it that makes you so certain we could be fighting relegation in a couple of years? What evidence do you have that even remotely suggests it?

Just because you say something it doesn't automatically make it true, does it?

Date: 11 March, 2012 00:13

No - but by the same token the same applies to you and what you say, does it not?

The point is not being optimistic or pessimistic but being realistic. And the reality is that if we continue to follow this course, it is a very real possibilty. You know as well as I do to try and answer your other points that there is absolutely no reason to believe that without Robin this year we would be close to third as we are now let alone close to fourth. There is nothing to suggest in Chamakh's peformance or Park's performance that they would come close to doign what Robing has and the fact is there a six different matches where Robin's performance alone bridged the gap between winning and losing or winning and drawing, and he scored two or more goals each match.

Unless you vastly improve the team all over the pitch in 3-4 key positions this team without Robin next year more than likely would be closer to this team if not for Robin this year, and without his fantastic season we would be closer to fourteenth than fourth and anyone who denies that is purely delusional.

And how do you improve a team that is happy to sell its best or two best players every summer, or sells multiple players at the same position every other summer? Especially when you are unlikely to win silverware and pay your best players well below what any other top club does?

You keep replacing Harrod's quality with WalMart quality and sooner or later it shows. If we keep pocketing huge profits from selling our best players and replace them inadequately not only won't we close the gap on the teams ahead of us, or keep up with them teams around us burt we will fall further and further behind until eventually we may in 3-4 years be down far enough to be drawn into the dreaded zone or at least the relegation battle. Can you tell me that simply won't happen if we continue doing things way? No you can't and you know it.

The positive is this can be changed and changed now. But only if we recognize the reality that it in fact can happen if we let it.

Do you think in 1967 s***s supporters were thinking they would be sitting arond today still have not won the League since 1961?

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net