football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Why Isn't Bale Being Dragged Across The Coals?
eduardo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:09
Why Isn't Bale Being Dragged Across The Coals?

During the opening stages of the North London Derby today, it seemed as though things were going to go from bad to worse for Arsenal Football Club.

Spurs scored a quite flukey goal following some unsightly defending from the Gunners as early as the fourth minute. From then on it felt like our already horrible season was about to take at turn for the worse.

It didn`t take long until that materialised.

The sight of former Gooner and much despised figure in football, Adebayor, slotted home a penalty kick in front of the North Bank made stomachs churn even further. However it was the manner in which the penalty was won that was the kick in the teeth.

Before we get started let me just remind the visitors to Vital Arsenal of the articles I`ve published in the past condemning the actions of Robert Pires, Robin van Persie and more recently, Eduardo, as they`ve all taken tumbles in order to win penalties under Arsene Wenger`s tenure. So after vilifying players of my own team, I`m well within my rights to call Gareth Bale a cheat.

The manner in which he flung himself to the ground today was disgraceful. And this certainly isn`t Bale`s first infraction. Indeed, there is only one player in the Premier League to have been yellow carded for simulation on more than one occasion this season, and from the tone of this article I`d guess you don`t need me to point in any directions for you to realise which player that is.

Needless to say that tally should have been increased to 3 today.

The thing that doesn`t sit well with me however is the treatment players like Pires and Eduardo have received in the past compared to the likes of Bale.

Indeed Bobby is still hounded to this day for his dive against Portsmouth back in the 2003/04 season. Eduardo was hauled over the coals via the media and indeed given a suspension by UEFA for "simulation" before the decision was reversed following an admission from the governing body that this was to be a one-off ban.

So the question has to be asked, why isn`t Bale treated in the same way?

I don`t want to appear bitter in anyway, indeed, following the demolition of Spurs today, I should be positively euphoric, and whilst that is true, I`m a little saddened by the lack of consistency.

Where are the article and comments from across the footballing world condemning Bale? Let`s face it, he does this all the time, yet he isn`t treated in the same way as other perpetrators.

Read more: [www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk]

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Re: Why Isn't Bale Being Dragged Across The Coals?
80'sGoona (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:13
Spurs were diving all over the shop in the 1st half.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:13
because everyone is too busy celebrating the win

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:16
1 word.

Olympics.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:18
Today because of the result, in general because he's British and 'not really that type of player'.

Zainy (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:18
I dont care enough to watch much Spuds football if im honest so I dont know if he does it week in and week out.
He went down awfully easily today.
I suppose when the incident had no impact on the final result it will always be considered as a minor issue so not garner much attention.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:19
when we saw it at the ground everyone, and i mean EVERYONE knew that was a dive.

What @#$%& me off is the lineman who i don't think flagged for it, had the best view, had a chance to overrule the referee, but didn't.

So glad that didn't cost us the game

PiP the Gunner (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:20
I've seen him do it a few times - Gerrard is another one who dives regularly & gets little stick for it.

As for Bale, well him & 5pur2 have been flavour of the month with the media for a while now.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:21
Quote:
Zainy
I dont care enough to watch much Spuds football if im honest so I dont know if he does it week in and week out.
He went down awfully easily today.
I suppose when the incident had no impact on the final result it will always be considered as a minor issue so not garner much attention.

one of my friends who was a spurs fan said although he couldn't see it from where he was sitting he was not surprised people were claiming a dive.

Apparently he does it a lot.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:24
dean was rubbish but it didnt stop us winning

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Bergmars (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:26
I said to my wife Bale had dived but no one would mention it.

DB10,the best.

eduardo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:27
as the article says, bale is that kind of player, he is the only player in the FAPL to have been booked twice this season for diving

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:29
I dont understand why ref consulted linesman and then ignored him

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

eduardo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:31
only he did consult the linesman he would have sent off szczesny, lino told him it was a dive so dean did not dare even book him

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:32
He'll fit right in at Barca next season.

26 February, 2012 20:33
Quote:
Bergmars

and she replied, as she glanced up from behind her novel, "thats nice dear"

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

eduardo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:36
maybe she could not answer him as she had her mouth full(Sm163)

26 February, 2012 20:41
eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

The future is now!!!!!!!

26 February, 2012 20:43
Ed, you meant she was eating a bar of chocolate whilst reading her book, didn't you.

eduardo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:49
of course, what else could it be

26 February, 2012 20:49
if he didnt, id sock him in the mouth if i were you berg

The future is now!!!!!!!

HappyGööner (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 21:00
I've been watching highlights of this game all over the net. Only one announcer had the nerve to say that Bale dived. Had it been one of our players, well, you know the rest.

26 February, 2012 21:10
After all this, I'd still have Bale in our team.

26 February, 2012 21:11
dont believe the hype son

The future is now!!!!!!!

26 February, 2012 21:13
C'mon Jack, he'd be pretty useful for us. And think of all the chimp masks AFC corporate could cash in on.

80'sGoona (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 21:18
One of the most overrated players.

HappyGööner (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 21:21
Man you guys are cruel. After trying to figure out exactly what he looks like, a chimp.

26 February, 2012 21:26
You not seen Planet of the Apes HG?
Seems an obvious comparison then!!

PKGooner (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 23:08
He looks like a chimp
He looks like a chimppppppppppp
Gareth Bale
He looks like a chimp

26 February, 2012 23:11
(Sm22)

Bergmars (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 08:37
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
Quote:
Bergmars

and she replied, as she glanced up from behind her novel, "thats nice dear"
Your right she just looked at me as if to say am I interested,she knew we were winning because my language improved a sthe game went on.@ Ed I wish mate.

DB10,the best.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 09:42
Quote:
eduardo
maybe she could not answer him as she had her mouth full(Sm163)

Did someone just hack Ed's account? That's so out of character! Brilliant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net