football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

‘We must prove we are the kings of London’
karsene16 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 22:15
[www.arsenal.com]-

By Rob Kelly

Johan Djourou says Arsenal must prove they are the “kings of London” by beating Tottenham at Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

Arsène Wenger’s men currently lie 10 points behind their rivals in the Premier League table and lost 2-1 at White Hart Lane in October.

The Swiss defender accepts that Spurs have done well this season but believes the two clubs’ respective league positions will be irrelevant once the match begins.

“When you play them, you forget the table; it is a battle and the best team will win,” Djourou told Arsenal.com.

“They are in great shape this season, they have been playing a lot better than before but you have to forget about that and go to war.

“They have a lot of quality, we shouldn't be blind about that. They have players like Modric, Parker, Adebayor and Bale so it’s a good team.

“When you play well you gain a lot of confidence. At the start of the season some people wrote them off because they lost a few games but since then they have been unbelievable. But it is up to us to show that we are the kings of London.”

Former Gunner Emmanuel Adebayor has scored 10 times for Tottenham this season and Djourou is looking forward to facing his former team-mate.

“He is a great player, he showed that when he was here,” he said. “He works hard, he is very good on the ball and obviously he will be a tough opponent but I am not scared of anyone. I am happy to have the opportunity to face him.”

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/cutmypic.png

Re: ‘We must prove we are the kings of London’
gunnersingh (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 00:08
Former Gunner Emmanuel Adebayor has scored 10 times for Tottenham this season and Djourou is looking forward to facing his former team-mate.

“He is a great player, he showed that when he was here,” he said. “He works hard, he is very good on the ball and obviously he will be a tough opponent but I am not scared of anyone. I am happy to have the opportunity to face him.”

I'll be scared if Djourou plays.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 00:12
I've heard speculation that Kos may not be fit, and with Gibbs also potentially sidelined we could start with Song and Djourou in the center.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 00:15
Jens you're going to give me nightmares.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 00:33
Haha ya I'm not happy about the prospect either, really hoping Kos is fit...

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 01:32
I don't feel confident based on recent results and performances. This game is at 8.30am eastern time on a Sunday morning. Do I want to wait up early and potentially ruin my entire Sunday? I'll decide on Saturday night.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 03:21
JD n Squillaci at the back with Song as DM (Sm159)

i wld prefer Yennaris at RB, Sagna moves to LB, JD n TV at the back

younghansolo (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 09:11
If Kos isn't fit I'll be pretty annoyed. He's got bruising for christ sake he can manage one bloody game.

Spursrule (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 11:06
Be a thrashing, boys. Five nil to Yids, easy. You know it yourselves. Might even hit eight like UTD. You'll hear us crowing on your manor. You have to be the worst, most silent fans in the world. I've heard more noise in a library.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 11:34
Keep telling yourself that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net