football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

wow new budget...apparently
crumps (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 08:27
well weve gone from £55m to £10m to now £100m!!!!!!!

the daily telegraph are saying that kroenke is going to give wenger a further £50m on top of what is already avaliable!!!

will be interesting if this is true

Re: wow new budget...apparently
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 08:33
That will mean new contracts for Gibbs, Diaby, Ramsey, Walcott, Squillaci and many more. Fantastic

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 08:37
I would like to believ this but how many times have we rpeorted our first signing in May and he was our last and we let go of more quality than we brought in once all the ST renewals were in and the money from them banked away?

I am telling you if I were season ticket holders renewing this year and there was another year like the last seven I would be checking into legal action. How different is it really from selling a car and charging for all sorts of add-on features that are not actually added on the car you get?

23 February, 2012 08:38
Zzzz im sure ive heard this every year for the last 5 years

23 February, 2012 08:39
It's like the last X-Files flick "I Want to Believe" but it will take more than a few leaks from sources inside the Club now. A hair bit more. This is what you get when you aren't entirely honest after awhile. Hope it's true really - for their sake.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 08:40
Seeing in a few places that we're going in to try and get Podolski AND Gotze in the summer. An extra £50 mill' might even get my hopes up.
I'll only believe if it happens tbh.

crumps (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 08:52
well i wont believe it until we spend it

gooney (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 09:01
haha I love it. I have to hand it to them. Sure they are earlier this season, but the last 6 years we always get reports like this in March/April once we go trophy less again. Arsenal decides to feed few reporters to calm us down. If Kroenke is gonna give us 50 million, then i hope we dont make the CL, so they are actually forced to either spend money or be left behind. For years they have been making money this way and making the CL is the whole purpose of Arsenal nowadays. like I said I rather suffer few years and have a fresh start with people who atleast want more than just make money

De Times (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 09:13
Buying hasnt been our problem, selling has.
The biggest question is, can we keep our best players at the club for next season? Not that i doubt our player's commitment, but our antecedence doesnt give me much confidence.
Imagine if we'd kept fab and nasri last season.

De Times (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 09:17
The biggest question is, can we keep our best players at the club for next season? Not that i doubt our player's commitment, but our antecedence doesnt give me much confidence.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 09:27
well let the club first act and spend so n so amount on quality players n then ask the fans to renew their season tickets

fans hv always shown the commitment by paying it upfront for the season tickets before the season even starts, high time the club shows their commitment by spending wisely before asking fans to dig into their pockets

23 February, 2012 09:31
Quote:
Indiangooner
well let the club first act and spend so n so amount on quality players n then ask the fans to renew their season tickets
fans hv always shown the commitment by paying it upfront for the season tickets before the season even starts, high time the club shows their commitment by spending wisely before asking fans to dig into their pockets

Well said IG.
(Sm53)

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 12:09
Quote:
De Times
Buying hasnt been our problem, selling has. The biggest question is, can we keep our best players at the club for next season? Not that i doubt our player's commitment, but our antecedence doesnt give me much confidence.

Both have been a problem.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/BostonGooner1/roastspurs.gif

Billythekid (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 12:22
Quote:
Me
Re: A Bullshite Idea to Boycott the return leg V AC Milan
Posted by: Billythekid (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2012 15:55

I've been saying it for 2 years, Boycott's are the only bargaining chip that we have, if we keep paying to watch this shower then we will keep getting wet.

Wake up, corporate @#$%& are using our club as a pension plan. Another two years of this and there will be not bridge left to mend, Arsenal will be a mid table team full of second rate players, playing in front of 30,000 angry and disgruntled fans in a 60,000 capacity state of the art stadium praying for a milk cup final because the pension plan got cashed in by thieves facilitated via state backed ligitimised corporate fraud....death by limited liability.

Every penny that is in the club is a penny that you or I put there, especially those that attend every home and most especially away games. This is your cash, a representation of your love for that club, every one of those pennies could have been put into a trust fund for your children, think about that, seriously for one minute think about what was just said rather than who said it ?!

We built New Highbury and so now that is what I am going to call the ground, I'm done with the EMIRATES corporate logo bullsh't, it's New Highbury now and we built it. Every seat, every row, every tier, every light, every lobby, every player and for some even to the detriment of our own blood..

No more, equity will not assist he who slumbers on his rights, equity will not assist a volunteer and so we must not slumber, we must not volunteer to be royally shafted by over privileged toffs who have no interest in our football club inasmuch as they see the club as a pension plan, not Arsenal FC but ARSENAL PLC.

We have to force the issue or the issue will force us eventually anyway, act now, boycott. To see the ground empty whilst the announcer starts chatting about "the attendance today is 59,000" will finally show the truth of "The Arsenal way," which should read "no quid pro quo".

You know how the bankers keep telling us that they deserve their bonuses because nobody else knows how to do it, the club is doing the same ?!
It's a Jedi mind trick, propaganda all you have to do is see the hidden language.

"Victory through harmony" translates as "Shut the fuk up and fall in line"

PHW when questioned about the lack of investment in the first team two years ago stated "I don't care what the fans think" which translates as "I don't care what the fans think" and by proxy "Shut the fuk up and fall in" or "Victory through harmony".

Reports claim that Wenger has 70m to spend, then reports claim it's 50m, then reports claim that all of former reports were nonsense and Arsene only has 30m to spend. The problem is that these differing reports conflicted for 7 or 8 months of any given decline in form over the last 7 years leaving the supporters in a position where quite simply no one knows what the truth of it is and the club won't come out and tell us because all of these stories distracted the fans from reacting by controlling the information by which they formulated "their opinions" and then kept contradicting the information which they provided and in this way we keep paying to get rogered and the share prices become more and more profitable for the investors and shareholders, the rogerers.

The argument from supporters opposing a boycott is that we would somehow "be attacking our own club," but that is a bit like arguing that sending your mother to have intrusive surgery to save her life is akin to "attacking your own mother". This is the beauty of the game, it's power to manipulate peoples emotions and opinions based upon those emotions (not generally a great idea) rather than the objective truth of a thing is astounding and these vultures prey on our loyalty and emotional attachment.

But they can never know what it is to feel the way we do about the club because their interest in the club is strictly based upon a fiscal interest not an emotional attachment and is the same reason that corporate capitalism can never coexist alongside a free society founded upon principles of natural law, equity, fairness, ethics and as one judge stated "legal fictions lack either the body to kick or a soul to lose," a corporation is a legal fiction by definition.

ARSENAL PLC is treating you like the "coalition government" does, there is no separation. Both are in the most basic terms charging you more for less consistently and ARSENAL is a microcosm of the concept of "Big society".

This is what "Big society" is and translates as "You do it, pay us, but you do it". Think about this, cash/money is a "representation" of wealth, the representation of a thing is not the thing.
The only way you can really have a recession in a fiscal system where value is not material but based upon a representation of physical labour, a will to do that labour and an ability to do that labour.
A "recession" is impossible unless everyone just downed tools, as Alan Watts said " Its a bit like going to work to build a house and getting to the site only for your foreman to announce that there is no more work because they have run out of inches", the wood is still there, the will to hammer nails into the wood is still there, but no more work because we've run out of "inches," representations of a piece of wood rather than the wood itself ?!

Propaganda keeps us sleeping. Standing up to these corporate grave robbers might make a wider point, a valuable one with wider implications. I think that it will prove to people what I've been telling them for years and that is that we are the value in the system, all of it based upon our agreement to maintain it and it can fall if we no longer agree to do so and why should you when it no longer benefits you in any way ?!

We are the money !!!

Zainy (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 12:22
Well from what Ive read is that Stan is flying in to London today for talks with Wenger. Its anyones guess what those talks entail but lets hope something productive comes out of it.

SuperRöb (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 12:45
Quote:
Zainy
Well from what Ive read is that Stan is flying in to London today for talks with Wenger. Its anyones guess what those talks entail but lets hope something productive comes out of it.

Wenger: We made £50 million profitz
Stan: Good
Wenger: zank you
Stan: ...
Wenger: So... what's your favourite type of cheese?
Stan: ...

Zainy (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 12:48
Haha, thats made my morning Rob!

Billythekid (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 13:15
(Sm126) quality !

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 14:33
No point giving Wenger any money if he is not prepared to change his approach towards team strengthening. It will mean more 17 year old prospects who go on loan or rewarding players who spend more time on the treatment table or under performing players. If Silent Stan does indeed give the money to Wenger it should have rules attached to it and not for Wenger to continue on his project. 7 years of no trophy means Wenger has used up his goodwill and he needs to be micromanaged more in the way he spend the club's money. No different from any corporation who micromanages employees who continues to underperform.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 14:42
story has been picked up all over the place. Hopefully more than wishful thinking.

tigerline (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 14:46
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
De Times
Buying hasnt been our problem, selling has. The biggest question is, can we keep our best players at the club for next season? Not that i doubt our player's commitment, but our antecedence doesnt give me much confidence.

Both have been a problem.

WENGER IS THE PROBLEM!

Shane (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 14:46
I'd like to believe it but if it's accurate it totally undermines Gazidis' statement about "here at Arsenal we don't buy quality, we make it" or whatever that bullshit quote was.

Billythekid (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 14:55
The only "quality" that the club makes right now is ridiculous statements.

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 14:57
Upped my personal budget as well this month, new butchers knife, cleaver, RED apron and rib puller! All for £70

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

23 February, 2012 15:00
You going on a killing spree Peter?

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 16:08
Quote:
jon_sammels_lovechild
You going on a killing spree Peter?

Nah mate, I own a small abattoir and butchers shop in North east Lincolnshire

Baby I was born to MOAN

23 February, 2012 16:23
If you came over to the dark side we could discuss favourite cuts of meat sometime.

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 17:57
The meats off!

Baby I was born to MOAN

23 February, 2012 18:25
And you sir would know lol

Seriously hope your shop is doing well(sounds like it)

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 18:49
Thanks Radio, feel like sending you a brown paper bag of chops, near end date of course!

Baby I was born to MOAN

23 February, 2012 18:51
But of course. My guess is they would be by the time they crossed the ocean!

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 19:06
For one reason or another.... thre's a load of f.ucking moaners on this site, no pleasing some people!

Baby I was born to MOAN

23 February, 2012 19:17
Well actually I don't like chops..a nice prime rib cut would do nicely - maybe a Filet Mignon .... I take my steaks kind of seriously

23 February, 2012 19:19
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
No point giving Wenger any money if he is not prepared to change his approach towards team strengthening.

Well Wenger has already said he will change his approach if we don't come 4th. Hopefully he'll change it regardless. I doubt being so unsure is good for his health!!

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 19:24
Quote:
Philly the kid
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
No point giving Wenger any money if he is not prepared to change his approach towards team strengthening.

Well Wenger has already said he will change his approach if we don't come 4th. Hopefully he'll change it regardless. I doubt being so unsure is good for his health!!

After the last few summers of under achievement in the transfer market, u can forgive me for not being too trusting of Wenger's words.

23 February, 2012 19:35
I can...but why be so trusting of the Club's words which clearly is the case. I could agree with most easily of you simply said I do not trust any of them instead of naively contending this is solely down to the manager when there is overwhelming evidence to question that.

We can't afford to push out one manager for another who suddenly doesn't spend as we need to, and we can't wait 2-3 years to see that is the case.

We need to stop giving the Board or Stan Kroenke or both frankly the benefit of any doubt.

Flava (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 12:44
Stan's in town....and a cheeky little story is written about having £100m to spend in the summer.

What a load of tosh.

24 February, 2012 18:10
Meanwhile now Club Level Renewals have to made by April - guess they want to make sure everyone renews before they know whether dinner and a mgame of football is on Wednesday or Thursday evenings this year...real class from our Club that still does things the right way.

gooney (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 21:29
I can see this budget go up 20 million next week

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net