football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Poll: Sack Wenger
Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 19:33

Should Wenger be sacked?

Yes .. and now
No .. Give him more time at least one last summer

You must be logged in to vote.

51 Votes

Show results

I would like to know where the majority stand on this matter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2012 18:57 by Padre Pio.

Re: Poll: Sack Wenger
Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 19:42
possible sticky padre?

BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 19:49
probably not the fairest poll to do straight after a defeat like that but baised on the last 6 months ....absolutely.

edit: (Sm6) what a freudian slip, I meant to say "based on the last six year". The irony of it is that in MOST big clubs he probably would have been sacked on the last 6 months results...never mind last 6 years (Sm6).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2012 19:54 by BIGSNOOP.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:01
its not the defeat mate but the fact another season has gone down the pan and we are still in feb wtf

I think we have been way too fair with wenger no place on earth would he get the amount of patience he has had here

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:02
He should go but might as well do it at the end of the season but look for replacements now.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:06
Guardiola could be perfect timing

gooney (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:12
one more summer? What about give him to the end of the season and then sack him?

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:15
Why till end of the season?

SuperRöb (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:17
To give us time to find a replacement/ for a good one to become available?

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:26
SACK HIM NOW!

Giving him more time will end up worst than the club where he started.

If you still don't understand that he has brought the team to such a situation when players giving their best efforts still end up in loss.

Completely clueless and outdated manager the most importantly hardly people feel anything bad after losses, HE HAS BROUGHT THE CLUB TO ABSOLUTELY AMBITIONLESS STATE. HE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO PRESSURE WHAT SO EVER AND YOU CAN'T EXPECT HIS TEAM TO HAVE ANY.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 21:42
I reluctantly had to vote yes.

DB10,the best.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 21:50
if spurs give us a stuffin would you still say till the end of the season?

microdire (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 22:08
Why do we need to give him another year when he said 5 and he ended up using seven the second option of the poll should have been No,give him till death takes the job from him.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 01:05
Id give him the spurs game then its off

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 02:51
Does it matter so long as we remain wedded to underpasying our best players which not only makes keeping them more difficult but replacing near-to-impossible?

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 04:18
Voted no.

noggygooner (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 12:12
Win or bust v spuds. Actually bust or bust its time to go,I don t want a win against the @#$%& to paper over any cracks. So I hope we win but sorry enough is enough.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 16:32
Didn't vote as there was no option to allow wenger to stay, but with a different policy for transfers and wages.
If nothing's going to change, even i'd rather he left.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 23:51
Quote:
Philly the kid
Didn't vote as there was no option to allow wenger to stay, but with a different policy for transfers and wages.
If nothing's going to change, even i'd rather he left.

What do you think more time is for to make sandwiches? lol surely nobody would consider him going on as things are normal even the man himself could see that.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 06:09
He has stated numerous times he could/can see what is wrong and where strengthening is required,and failed dismally to rectify the problems whilst apparently sitting on a load of cash.
Sorry he has made it clear his own agenda trancends the clubs well being so in my eyes he has to go.

DB10,the best.

20 February, 2012 07:31
His own agenda IS the clubs well being to my mind. Hence why i'd like to see his -possibly- self-imposed tethers loosened.
With a bit more money available he can bring us back to the level we should've stayed at in the first place.
If anything, I think he's a bit like Tony Blair, i'd just rather not see the captain of the ship jump overboard, leaving us with a c*nt like Brown to sink it.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 08:26
I'm not sure why you think he'll be any better with money to spend.

We could have bought Scott Parker for next to nothing and he has got more heart than nearly all our team put together.

He has spent money on rubbish like Squillaci, Djourou, Denilson to name but a few. I'd include Park but seeing as he gets about one game every twenty it's hard to judge.

He's kept faith with too many flops like Chamakh.

So why is he suddenly going to buy quality players? Oh but hold on he said last year that we only buy quality players. Would you include any of the aforementioned under that banner?

Get rid now because I can't see him being able to motivate this team. We were ripped apart by Milan and all I saw was an old man sitting in a dugout like a disinterested spectator. That's not the kind of manager these players need.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 11:30
His own agenda to me does not or has not served the clubs best interests as far as the playing side is concerned.

DB10,the best.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:52
Quote:
...all I saw was an old man sitting in a dugout like a disinterested spectator. That's not the kind of manager these players need.
Maybe if he chewed ferociously on some gum like SAF, did power squats like AVB or had an epileptic seizure every half like ol' twitch he'd be a quality manager.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:56
Very good suggestions and it's a pleasure to know that you take so much interest in other managers.

What I'd like to see though is a manager urging his players on when they are being mugged.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:01
You have no idea what he does or doesn't do after a performance like that.

Him waving his arms around like a lunatic on the sidelines isn't going to make us world beaters. That said he does get up a lot when he sees things he doesn't like.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:05
Well doh! Your last sentence is relevant.

If we want to be world beaters it won't be with AW.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:07
I'd agree. It's not like he's ever done it before.

SandyB (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:08
Quote:
Re: Poll: Sack Wenger new
Posted by: Mad Jens (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 13:52

Quote:
...all I saw was an old man sitting in a dugout like a disinterested spectator. That's not the kind of manager these players need.
Maybe if he chewed ferociously on some gum like SAF, did power squats like AVB or had an epileptic seizure every half like ol' twitch he'd be a quality manager.

I think you got it right! He prepares the team so well everything is so calculated the only time we see him coming out of that fuc.king dugout is to spread his hand titanic style when he feels that referee has done some grave injustice against his boys! THERE IS ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER!

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:12
You lot miss the forest for the trees.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:17
I'm sorry, we were world beaters. I seem to remember us losing our one CL final.

We have won plenty in the domestic league under Wenger but nothing in Eurpoe so let's not pretend we were world beaters.

I don't think anyone, except maybe De Nial, thinks Wenger can build a world beating team.

The man's judgement is so awry these days I'm not sure he knows how to wipe his own backside.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:19
It's a great time to complain, and you have every right and reason to do it, but I don't think sacking Wenger changes much to be perfectly honest.

At the risk of sounding like Radio, the changes need to come higher up.

SandyB (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:34
I made a AKB logic thread couple of months back, could be used as AKB's handbook. One of the biblical verse said there, sack Wenger woudn't chang a thing, so Wenger MUST NOT BE SACKED!

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:41
Move along Sandy (to the asylum, if you don't mind).

hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:44
I would not disagree Jens but I think that Wenger is part of the problem.

He has too much power at Arsenal and I think his style of football is not working. Added to that he seems too stubborn to actually change anything then changes are vital.

Not sure why we have to listen to this fourth is a trophy nonsense again. This is the fifth richest club in the world and we're behaving like Fulham. The lack of ambition at the club is affecting the players.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:53
I'd definitely agree he's too stubborn. His style works fine with the right players but you can't make a square peg for round holes, so to speak.

And our revenue is very high but I'll say again we are a long ways from being the fifth richest team in the world. A long ways. Revenue ≠ Profit.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be spending more, of course.

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 02:33
Hippo, you have problem spotting AKBs.

Couple of major points you need to take note. Now a days whatever Wenger talks about post match or otherwise aren't for the consumption of general public or even normal Arsenal fans they are specifically customized talk for his CULT followers.

Like he'll say City should be jealous of us we are competing in 3 trophies. AKBs will tell you sack Manchini.

Wenger will say finishing 4ht like winning trophy. AKBs will come up and tell you we don't agree with him but that's a fantastic achievement.

Quote:
It's a great time to complain, and you have every right and reason to do it, but I don't think sacking Wenger changes much to be perfectly honest.

If you read a sentence of this magnitude you should know reasons don't count!!

Another major psychological breaking point of the AKBs is calling them as AKB!! I still didn't manage to crack the exact reason, why!
AKBs have no problem carrying banners 'In Wenger we trust' or singing 'there is one Arsene Wenger' and typing loads of shi.t defending Wenger but call them AKB, they don't like it.

I think Hippo, you shouldn't have any problem if someone calls you AOB(Arsene Out Brigade) or anything similar. I don't have any problem with that, I'm proud to be an AOB. But AKBs do have problems now a days being called AKBs. They want to be anonymous, you know why they know deep down inside that they are the CULT followers(where reason stops) of a very very unpopular dictator who's backed by a corrupt and out of touch regime. They don't want history to blame them to remain with wrong side of the cause. AKBs need palms on their face.
Mind you Wenger's job is safe not cos of board, not cos of Stan Kroenke it's cos of AKBs.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 02:35
How you define wealth?

If I have £35 and you have £20

I have £700 debt and you have £15 debt

Who is wealthiest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2012 02:37 by Big Guhnz.

21 February, 2012 08:07
Quote:
SandyB
Another major psychological breaking point of the AKBs is calling them as AKB!! I still didn't manage to crack the exact reason, why!

(Sm16)
Really? It's pretty simple.
There's no such thing as an AKB.
There's AKBTY's, Arsene knows better than you'd. But no AKBs.

Chris Rock put it pretty well in the context of politics......
"Drugs, i'm conservative. Prostitution, i'm liberal".

You -however- just sound stupid casting every Arsenal supporter into 2 non-changing groups tbh.
Question answered.

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 10:33
Quote:
There's AKBTY's, Arsene knows better than you'd. But no AKBs.

Of course Arsene knows better than me, that's why he gets fuc.king 7 million salary!! The problem is knowing better than me isn't good enough, he needs to know better than his compatriots and compared to many of them it seems he knows nuts.

AKBs redefined: If you defend Wenger after 7 years of what you have seen, you are AKB. [:wor kid:]

21 February, 2012 12:37
Name me one manager that thinks Wenger's lost the plot.....

Good luck.

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 13:27
Why the managers going to say Wenger lost the plot? They love him to be in Arsenal working on his project. If you don't think loss against team like Birmingham last year or Sunderland this year and lossing every single trophy in last 7 years aren't good enough for him to go then who knows what will!
Anyway, just check the result of the poll there are 11 votes represent the people who think Wenger has eternal right to run the club! I think, I need to say that GOOD LUCK!

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 22:00
Quote:
Philly the kid
Name me one manager that thinks Wenger's lost the plot.....
Good luck.

Why would they its well known when fergie starts to praise you or be nice to you.. you are no longer a threat.

weedz (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 04:58
I took my time to vote on this. And I took the time to take my emotion out of the equation.

I can`t agree with sacking Wenger. I don`t think getting rid of him is positive or heading in the right direction.

I don`t believe, as many on here do, about 2/3, that sacking Wenger will change anything to a more positive future, in the short term.

However, at this seasons end I will re-evaluate my stance. I am not a fan who would follow Wenger to the point of obsession.

No man is an island, and Wenger has his faults, but he is not deluded, he is not stupid and he is the best manager this club has had, IMO.

Just what I think, nothing more.

Mertz for Club Captain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net