football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.


And now Spurs are winning....
Nikfonso (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 20:56
What a shi.te day this is turning out to be...

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 20:58
dont worry about it mate, we are not 4th spot material. Just shows how Wenger has lowered expectations



Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
tigerline (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 21:03
Quote:
Padre Pio
dont worry about it mate, we are not 4th spot material. Just shows how Wenger has lowered expectations

wenger is fully capable of meeting lowered expectations ...

especially those created by a horrorshow start to the season which came as a direct result of wenger's dithering time-wasting and not fielding a complete squad on opening day.

it was NEGLIGENCE at the time and wenger should not be allowed to take credit for turning around a season that started for Arsenal 7 games after every other team in the league.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Nikfonso (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 21:06
Looking at Spurs now, they are almost like how we used to be. Big tall powerful players with a couple of speed demons in the team which as we know is very affective.

I guess we have a bit of height now a days but we seriously lack pass when Theo isn't playing.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Nikfonso (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 21:08
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
Padre Pio
dont worry about it mate, we are not 4th spot material. Just shows how Wenger has lowered expectations

wenger is fully capable of meeting lowered expectations ...

especially those created by a horrorshow start to the season which came as a direct result of wenger's dithering time-wasting and not fielding a complete squad on opening day.

it was NEGLIGENCE at the time and wenger should not be allowed to take credit for turning around a season that started for Arsenal 7 games after every other team in the league.

I like this post very much, it's actually SPOT ON.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 21:09
St Totten-ingham day may havr to be prosponed for a year(Sm17)

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 21:23
Things can look very different by next wednesday

the only thing that worries me about spurs is that they have no european fixtures to worry about.

Similar to us, outside their top 14 not much else is great, but with a less chaotic fixture list, there's more chance of their top players staying fit.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
eduardo (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 21:27
don't they have to go to anfield, emirates, old trafford and etihad



*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 22:13
Don't like saying it but up to now this season I think they have been the best team to watch on the box.



http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/BostonGooner1/roastspurs.gif

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
salisbury69 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2011 22:15
Quote:
nikfonso
Looking at Spurs now, they are almost like how we used to be. Big tall powerful players with a couple of speed demons in the team which as we know is very affective.
I guess we have a bit of height now a days but we seriously lack pass when Theo isn't playing.

Complacency has set in big style at our place, and AW must take the blame. Some of the signings and sales in the past few years say it all, with the expectation that fourth place was a shoeing. As has already been said, keep aiming for fourth and you will eventually finish fifth.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Bergmars (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 07:09
Tigerlines assesment is bang on we have done better than expected but there are four or five better teams than us.



DB10,the best.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
28 December, 2011 07:49
can we jst get real here a minute.spurs do fairly comfortably have a better squad then us. lets compare quickly shall wee.
ade - v.p defoe - chamak pav - park there 2nd and 3rd choice are comfortably better than ours
they have people like kranjar who cant get a look in in there team but would be a better option than arshavin atm.people like sandro on the bench behind song wheres as ours is an 18 year old headcase called frimpong.they always have about half a dozen cbs of good quality.corluka is cover at full back who obs is well ahead of jenkinson. there squad is comfortably better

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
SandyB (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 08:17
They have the best MF with Citeh in the league head n shoulder above anyone else. Their 3 strikers are like throw anyone in could score goal even Pavlyuchenko can deliver the MF and forward line depth and strength is way above Arsenal.

There defense is weaker than Arsenal but still not too far behind. The goalkeeper is good, the wing backs aren't make shift.

The only couple of reasons Arsenal is still in the 4th place TITLE race are:

1) Robin Van Parsie - The one man team is close to reality with a tough to break defense and defensive minded MF in the form of Arteta n Song. I'd say a hard working MF, which is always very handy. There is a saying if a team is hard to beat is always have more chance of winning a match in 90 mins. I give credit to team in this aspect to each players and Wenger for a great turn around.

2) Lackluster performance by Chelsea with their unbalanced MF, out of form strikers and aging overall team.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 09:19
People talking bs on this thread. Arshavin and chamakh are the only players holding arsenal from being on par with citeh, but we're still much better than spurs without injuries.
To compare a squad you look at first teamers and backups and reserve.
.
------Rvp
gervinho-wilshere-walcott
------arteta--Song
santos--verm--Kos--sagna
-------Szczesny
.
------adebayor
bale--vandervart-lennon
----modric--parker
ekotto-king-gallas--walker
-------friedel
.
Combined first team, and i'll be absolutely generous to spurs.
------adebayor
Bale--vanpersei--Gervinho
----Modric--Song
Santos-verm-King-Sagna
--------Szczesny
.
Wilshere is better than modric and walcott is more productive than bale, and kos and per are better for any team than King for obvious reasons, and vanpersei couldve just displaced adebayor from the team. But like i said, i can afford to be generous and arsenal still wins 7-4.
.
Second Eleven
------chamakh
arshavin-ramsey-benayoun
-----rosicky--diaby
gibbs-djorou-per-jekinson
-------fabianski
.
-----pavlyuchenko
pienarr--defoe--kranjar
-huddlestone-Sandro
basong-kabul-dawsn-corluka
--------gomes
.
Combined second eleven:
.
--------defoe
benayoun--ramsey-rosicky
-----sandro---Diaby
gibbs-dawson-per-corluka
--------Gomes
.
Reserve:
afobe, ryo, aoc, coquelin, frimpong, park, miguel, squillaci, yennaris, hoyte, eastmond, henderson.
.
Rose, livermore, kane, dos santos, bentley,

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 09:23
.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2011 09:43 by De Times.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 09:28
Walcott is more productive than Bale? Bale plays in midfield and Walcott plays on the right of a front 3. Bale is a much better player than Walcott. I'm a Walcott fan, especially as our team lacks a bit of pace but I think Ox will have him out of the team regularly in 18 months.

It's not about who has the better players though is it? It's about which XI plays best as a team. Twitchy has just about got it right at the moment. They've got more firepower than we have at present.

Well done Wenger and the board for letting everyone get 10 points clear before the season starts.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
SandyB (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 09:57
DeTimes don't delude...

Bale is twice a player Gervinho is and Van der vaart is twice a player Wilshere is who isn't even playing football this season. Walcott is slightly better than the penguin guy but that's not all.

With Mordric, Van der Vaart, Parker, Sandro, Kranjcar, Huddlestone and even bloody Steven Piennar who's apparently a better effective player than Diaby is, Spuds is way stronger in mid field than Arsenal.

With Adebayor, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Lennon, Bale, you don't compare with RVP, Gervinho, Walcott, Park, Chamkah, Ox.

Either you don't watch them or you are an usual suspect of denial..Twitchy has so much of option up front that he could easily even switch formation from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 as n when he likes. Watch their match against Sunderland how he switched formation when both Bale n Lennon were injured to 4-4-2 and grind a win.

It's totally evident a North London switch in balance of power is happening and they play bloody good football too.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2011 10:00 by SandyB.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
hippogunner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 09:59
Agree Sandy. But too many Arsenal fans are deluded like their god Wenger, who is really just a clueless old man.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:00
Flava, it is first about who has the better players and manager then any other thing can follow. The problem we have is injuries, but you moaners can pretend we don't have any. No team can play as good as arsenal without any fullback and their first choice attacking midfielder - no team can perform better than us with our injuries.
The result yesterday was frustrating but the attitude, spirit and mental strength of our players was spot-on. If only we can play as well as we're playing then i won't have any complain.
.
As for bale and walcott, they play in exactly the same position but one on the left and the other on the right. The fact is walcott is more productive, and i'll take him over bale if i were to have a team.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
hippogunner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:17
Manu have loads of injuries. Doesn't seem to stop them putting five goals past two teams in two consecutive games.

Every team has injuries. Completely spurious argument.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:21
Man Utd's current injury list. They won 5:0 away at Fulham and 5:0 Wigan at the weekend so don't spout the injury nonsense.

Wilshere has never played as an attacking midfielder so that is also b.ollox.

12 C Smalling Illness no return date
J Evans Calf/Shin Injury 14th Jan 12
R Ferdinand Ankle/Foot Injury 31st Dec 11 slight doubt
A Young Ankle/Foot Injury 11th Jan 12
P Jones Facial Injury 31st Dec 11 slight doubt
D Fletcher Bowel Condition no return date
N Vidic ACL Knee Injury Jun 12
Fabio Hamstring Injury 31st Dec 11 very doubtful
Anderson Knee Injury 23rd Feb 12
M Owen Thigh Muscle Strain no return date
T Cleverley Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
T Bebe ACL Knee Injury 5th Feb 12

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:23
Quote:
hippogunner
Agree Sandy. But too many Arsenal fans are deluded like their god Wenger, who is really just a clueless old man.

If that old man is clueless how are we back fighting for 4th at the halfway point of the season?

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:27
Oh, and Spurs are 5 points up on us with a game in hand, goodbye.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
hippogunner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:28
If you think throwing Chamakh on yet again when we need three points isn't the action of a clueless old man please tell me what is?

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:31
Quote:
Philly the kid
Quote:
hippogunner
Agree Sandy. But too many Arsenal fans are deluded like their god Wenger, who is really just a clueless old man.

If that old man is clueless how are we back fighting for 4th at the halfway point of the season?

I think you've answered your own question Philly, "fighting for fourth." They've lowered your expectations and are charging you more for the privilege.

4th is rubbish. They've sold 4th like it's the holy grail. If we don't finish top 4 all our best players will leave. Guess what mate? They've already left.

If you were in a room with Gazidis and you wanted to hit him, you couldn't because he's so fking oily and slimey.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
hippogunner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:36
Philly,if I said to you that this is the best squad I've ever had; if I said to you fourth is like winning a trophy; if I said to you we only buy super quality and then proceeded to buy Park, a player who can't even get on the bench ahead of Chamakh then would you call me clueless?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2011 10:37 by hippogunner.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 10:47
I'd think you'd have your reasons Hippo.
Personally I'd throw Park on ahead of Chamack. Seeing as MC isn't a goalscorer.
Not Parks fault he hasn't played. He's scored in virtually every game he's played this season, mainly for Korea admittedly. But he's more of a threat than MC, no doubt.
Maybe Wenger wants MC to show how bad he is so he can get rid of him in the summer?!

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 11:38
did the combined team earlier in the season and for the 1st time i had one more Spurs player in it. On recent form I'd only have Verm, RVP and Scezny in it



http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 11:58
I think you can make cases for Song, Sagna and Santos as well gazza. Not much in the goalkeepers. Bale, Adebayor, Modric, King I would definitely have. Sagna, Song, RVP and Vermaelen as well. GK, LB and RW you can make a case either way.

It's a very good Spurs side at the moment, no doubt about that. People waiting for the wheels to fall off I think will be sadly disappointed, including me.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 12:03
Being as Santos and Sagna are both injured, it'd be hard to put them in a combined team right now tbh.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Nikfonso (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 12:03
Quote:
Flava
I think you can make cases for Song, Sagna and Santos as well gazza. Not much in the goalkeepers. Bale, Adebayor, Modric, King I would definitely have. Sagna, Song, RVP and Vermaelen as well. GK, LB and RW you can make a case either way.
It's a very good Spurs side at the moment, no doubt about that. People waiting for the wheels to fall off I think will be sadly disappointed, including me.

Ditto that.

Gazza I would be pretty chuffed if I were a Spurs fan so enjoy the moment mate. I just hope for your sake that a) your manager doesn't get banged up b) your manager doesn't sod off and maanager England or that c) your best players (Bale, Modric and RVDV) will get greedy and will want to earn more money elswhere....

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
SandyB (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 12:08
Err..Philly, u dont need to bring in a player every match to show him the door. You put them on reseve and tell them not allowed to train with 1st team...just like Chelsea did with Anelka n Alex.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 13:52
Anelka and Alex have nothing to prove.
We've all seen what they can do.
MC really hasn't had a decent run of games since RVP came back from injury about 10 games into last season.
That's the only reason he's really ahead of Park. Wengers guilty conscience.(Sm20)

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Thetruthisback (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 14:37
I think the reason is clear why Spurs are a better team. They don't sell their best players lately, buy in quality (we could have had Parker) and have an ambitious chairman who supports his manager.

Another blow for AFC will be the African league of nations - no Song or Gerviniho.

Be 6th this year.



A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.
Winston Churchill

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=400019&t=o GIFSoup Jose The King.

http://bestsmileys.com/mooners/3.gif

Jose champion, king, legend.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
SandyB (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 14:43
Song isn't going to ACN.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Shane (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 14:52
Quote:
De Times
The fact is walcott is more productive, and i'll take him over bale if i were to have a team.

No he isn't, not in a million years.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
hippogunner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 15:17
Yeh but Philly if I was some geezer down the pub claiming all the stuff Wenger has claimed in the last couple of years you'd probably think I was a little stupid.

And rightly so.

I just find it beyond bizarre, in fact downright baffling, that Chamakh is still an Arsenal player. And that we bought this guy Park and we've seen virtually nothing of him despite the fact that we needed a functioning striker. Add to that a player, Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we dole out a huge sum for and he still can't get a game, despite the fact that those picked ahead of him are inconsequential.

Only at the lunatic asylum that has become Arsenal FC.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 15:18
Taxi for thetruthis. Chamakh going to the ACN is a good thing though, right?

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
hippogunner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 15:33
What will Wenger do with his loverboy Chamakh gone? Perhaps we'll see the mysterious Park contribute something.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 15:49
I don't believe Park actually exists hippo. As many previously have said, "He must be sh.it if Chamakh's getting games ahead of him."

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 15:49
oops, would have Gervihno in above Lennon actually , class goal vs Wolves his balance before and after that turn was top drawer

and he meant to do that turn unlike Bergkamp vs Newcastle



http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
celine dion (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 16:10
A few years back we had Adebayor Eduardo RVP and Bendnter.

Now we've got RVP and two pr*cks who literally all of us take the p*ss out of, all day long. Cant be healthy can it.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 16:29
Friedel - 6, good experienced keeper.
Gomes -4, experienced and quality but calamity.
Walker - 5, ok rightback, hungry to do well, but still and will make many mistakes plus he's too young to last a full season which means they're going to rely on the distinctly average corluka at some point.
Corluka - 4, not quite up to average.
Ekotto - 6, works hard, but still is an average leftback who makes many mistakes. He's a small minded player lacking in many things. He will make even more mistakes and will suffer injury towards the end of the season due to tiredness from overuse seeing he's their only true fullback who plays all their games.
Gallas - 6, quality player when he's on top of his game, but he's too inconsistent these days plus he makes silly mistakes. He's nolonger a top class player.
King - 6, very good player but i've marked him down cos he misses too many games, plus he's aging too.
Dawson - 6, good english defender that adds that local feeling to the team, but he's still just average and getting injury prone.
Kaboul - 5, good player but inconsistent and unreliable.
Bassong - 4, poor player, shouldve been sold. Weak mentality.
Parker - 7, very good player with top experience. Does his job well.
Modric - 7, top midfielder, does his job well and can perfor extra atimes. But he's been underperforming this season, and he naturally cannot perform at optimum the whole season.
Vandervart - 6, his productivity makes him valuable, he has experience at the highest level, but he's also injuryprone and has a habit of missing in games.
Huddlestone - 5, average footballer, midtable quality.
Sandro - 6, when doing well he's good, slightly above average. Young, strong and dynamic. He doesnt start so would be important for them this season.
Kranjar - 4, great technique but mentally weak, lacks work ethics, casual and fanciful. Any serious team should do without him.
Lennon - 6, impact player, can cause damage on his day, but inconsistent and small-minded. Sometimes selfish and headless, can lose his cool atimes which makes him immature and indisciplined. Has problem with injuries. But has been doing relatively better this season.
Bale - 7, very good player, important for tactics, but still young and hence like last season he can't perform for a full season.
Pienar - 4, poor player who should be playing for a bottom table team. He flatters to deceive.
Defoe - 6, good player on his day, but his days are few and far between. Some fans compare him to david villa yet england thinks welbeck and carroll are better.
Pavlyuchenko - 3, shoudve left england long time ago.
Adebayor - 7.5, top player who is hungry to deliver. He's their most important player at the moment and the reason for why they're doing so well.
.
Arsenal
Szczesny - 8, arguably the best keeper in the league at the moment with only Hart to challange him.
Fabianski - 5, good competent keeper, but soft in the head.
Sagna - 8, the best rightback in the league and among the top 3 rb in europe.
Jekinson - 5, good rightback, young, tall, energetic and determined to do well, english and a fan. But he's immature and inexperienced. Will make many mistakes and is currently injured.
Santos - 6, top player, best going forward but poor defender. Experienced and very matured and has played at the highest level. Currently injured.
Gibbs - 5, very gifted and dynamic, he has all the qualities to be worldclass. But injuryprone and inconsistent.
Vermaelen - 8, one of the very best central defender in the league, experienced, matured, strong mentality and a leader.
Kos - 7, top defender, has everything to be worldclass.
Per - 6, top defender, leader, mature and very experienced. But new to the league and very slow for the pace.
Djorou - 5, competent but soft and a weak mentality. Prone to mistakes. Was topclass last season but has now gone average.
Song - 8, the best dm in the league by a distance. A little soft in the head.
Wilshere - 7, best young player in the league, will need some catching up to do when he returns.
Arteta - 6, good player, strong, experienced and efficient. Lacking in some qualities and hence is just slightly above average.
Ramsey - 5, quality talent but had an injury and hasnt reached top form yet.
Diaby - 5, very good player but injuryprone and soft in the head.
Rosicky - 5, quality player and highly experienced. Can't score and unreliable.
Gervinho - 7, impact player, but still look raw.
Walcott - 6, a unique player, important for tactics but inconsistent. Has enough experience to keep doing well even though he's young.
Arshavin - 3, use to be manageable, but now he needs to leave england.
Chamakh - 3, same as arshavin
benayoun - 4, good player with experience, but needs game time and guidance.
Vanpersei - 10, best striker in the world.
Park - 3, who is he?
.
Tottenham First team = 6.3 average
second team= 4.6 average.
Squad = 5.45 average.
.
Arsenal first team = 7.2 average
2nd team = 4.7 average
squad = 5.95
.
Arsenal first team playing due to injury = 6.9
.
Tottenham actually got more closer than i thought, but we have wenger and they have twitchy.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2011 16:35 by De Times.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
celine dion (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 16:35
What I like most about your work there De Times is that you have managed to carry out a full psychological analysis of many of the tottenham players.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
28 December, 2011 16:42
as soon as i saw youd rated jenkinson as a better full back then kyle walker i began to applaud you de times.this has to be your greatest post ever.CAN YOU MAKE THIS A STICKY PLEASE PADRE?

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
celine dion (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 16:48
Im relieved to have it confirmed that Gervinho is better than Van Der Vaart.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Shane (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 17:14
You said Walcott was better than Bale in two different threads but in this one you rate Bale higher (Sm6)

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 17:30
I wasnt comparing any two players in particular, i just gave my ratings based on how i see these players and not according to media hype. Walker and jekinson got the same vote, i didnt plan that, but the truth is they're both the same thing. Walker is playing better now cos he's got game time, but jekinson will be the better player.
As for gervinho and vdv, gervinho is far more useful for any team than vdv will ever be.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 17:34
I wasnt comparing any two players in particular, i just gave my ratings based on how i see these players and not according to media hype. Walker and jekinson got the same vote, i didnt plan that, but the truth is they're both the same thing. Walker is playing better now cos he's got game time, but jekinson will be the better player.
As for gervinho and vdv, gervinho is far more useful for any team than vdv will ever be.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 17:55
@shane, both bale and walcott are nearly all the same thing but i have to be generous with the marks to the spuds in order not to appear biase. I know who i'd rather have in my team though.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 17:55
Quote:
De Times
Friedel - 6, good experienced keeper.
Gomes -4, experienced and quality but calamity.
Walker - 5, ok rightback, hungry to do well, but still and will make many mistakes plus he's too young to last a full season which means they're going to rely on the distinctly average corluka at some point.
Corluka - 4, not quite up to average.
Ekotto - 6, works hard, but still is an average leftback who makes many mistakes. He's a small minded player lacking in many things. He will make even more mistakes and will suffer injury towards the end of the season due to tiredness from overuse seeing he's their only true fullback who plays all their games.
Gallas - 6, quality player when he's on top of his game, but he's too inconsistent these days plus he makes silly mistakes. He's nolonger a top class player.
King - 6, very good player but i've marked him down cos he misses too many games, plus he's aging too.
Dawson - 6, good english defender that adds that local feeling to the team, but he's still just average and getting injury prone.
Kaboul - 5, good player but inconsistent and unreliable.
Bassong - 4, poor player, shouldve been sold. Weak mentality.
Parker - 7, very good player with top experience. Does his job well.
Modric - 7, top midfielder, does his job well and can perfor extra atimes. But he's been underperforming this season, and he naturally cannot perform at optimum the whole season.
Vandervart - 6, his productivity makes him valuable, he has experience at the highest level, but he's also injuryprone and has a habit of missing in games.
Huddlestone - 5, average footballer, midtable quality.
Sandro - 6, when doing well he's good, slightly above average. Young, strong and dynamic. He doesnt start so would be important for them this season.
Kranjar - 4, great technique but mentally weak, lacks work ethics, casual and fanciful. Any serious team should do without him.
Lennon - 6, impact player, can cause damage on his day, but inconsistent and small-minded. Sometimes selfish and headless, can lose his cool atimes which makes him immature and indisciplined. Has problem with injuries. But has been doing relatively better this season.
Bale - 7, very good player, important for tactics, but still young and hence like last season he can't perform for a full season.
Pienar - 4, poor player who should be playing for a bottom table team. He flatters to deceive.
Defoe - 6, good player on his day, but his days are few and far between. Some fans compare him to david villa yet england thinks welbeck and carroll are better.
Pavlyuchenko - 3, shoudve left england long time ago.
Adebayor - 7.5, top player who is hungry to deliver. He's their most important player at the moment and the reason for why they're doing so well.
.
Arsenal
Szczesny - 8, arguably the best keeper in the league at the moment with only Hart to challange him.
Fabianski - 5, good competent keeper, but soft in the head.
Sagna - 8, the best rightback in the league and among the top 3 rb in europe.
Jekinson - 5, good rightback, young, tall, energetic and determined to do well, english and a fan. But he's immature and inexperienced. Will make many mistakes and is currently injured.
Santos - 6, top player, best going forward but poor defender. Experienced and very matured and has played at the highest level. Currently injured.
Gibbs - 5, very gifted and dynamic, he has all the qualities to be worldclass. But injuryprone and inconsistent.
Vermaelen - 8, one of the very best central defender in the league, experienced, matured, strong mentality and a leader.
Kos - 7, top defender, has everything to be worldclass.
Per - 6, top defender, leader, mature and very experienced. But new to the league and very slow for the pace.
Djorou - 5, competent but soft and a weak mentality. Prone to mistakes. Was topclass last season but has now gone average.
Song - 8, the best dm in the league by a distance. A little soft in the head.
Wilshere - 7, best young player in the league, will need some catching up to do when he returns.
Arteta - 6, good player, strong, experienced and efficient. Lacking in some qualities and hence is just slightly above average.
Ramsey - 5, quality talent but had an injury and hasnt reached top form yet.
Diaby - 5, very good player but injuryprone and soft in the head.
Rosicky - 5, quality player and highly experienced. Can't score and unreliable.
Gervinho - 7, impact player, but still look raw.
Walcott - 6, a unique player, important for tactics but inconsistent. Has enough experience to keep doing well even though he's young.
Arshavin - 3, use to be manageable, but now he needs to leave england.
Chamakh - 3, same as arshavin
benayoun - 4, good player with experience, but needs game time and guidance.
Vanpersei - 10, best striker in the world.
Park - 3, who is he?
.
Tottenham First team = 6.3 average
second team= 4.6 average.
Squad = 5.45 average.
.
Arsenal first team = 7.2 average
2nd team = 4.7 average
squad = 5.95
.
Arsenal first team playing due to injury = 6.9
.
Tottenham actually got more closer than i thought, but we have wenger and they have twitchy.

video: [url]

[/url]

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
28 December, 2011 21:39
Quote:
De Times
Friedel - 6, good experienced keeper.
Gomes -4, experienced and quality but calamity.
Walker - 5, ok rightback, hungry to do well, but still and will make many mistakes plus he's too young to last a full season which means they're going to rely on the distinctly average corluka at some point.
Corluka - 4, not quite up to average.
Ekotto - 6, works hard, but still is an average leftback who makes many mistakes. He's a small minded player lacking in many things. He will make even more mistakes and will suffer injury towards the end of the season due to tiredness from overuse seeing he's their only true fullback who plays all their games.
Gallas - 6, quality player when he's on top of his game, but he's too inconsistent these days plus he makes silly mistakes. He's nolonger a top class player.
King - 6, very good player but i've marked him down cos he misses too many games, plus he's aging too.
Dawson - 6, good english defender that adds that local feeling to the team, but he's still just average and getting injury prone.
Kaboul - 5, good player but inconsistent and unreliable.
Bassong - 4, poor player, shouldve been sold. Weak mentality.
Parker - 7, very good player with top experience. Does his job well.
Modric - 7, top midfielder, does his job well and can perfor extra atimes. But he's been underperforming this season, and he naturally cannot perform at optimum the whole season.
Vandervart - 6, his productivity makes him valuable, he has experience at the highest level, but he's also injuryprone and has a habit of missing in games.
Huddlestone - 5, average footballer, midtable quality.
Sandro - 6, when doing well he's good, slightly above average. Young, strong and dynamic. He doesnt start so would be important for them this season.
Kranjar - 4, great technique but mentally weak, lacks work ethics, casual and fanciful. Any serious team should do without him.
Lennon - 6, impact player, can cause damage on his day, but inconsistent and small-minded. Sometimes selfish and headless, can lose his cool atimes which makes him immature and indisciplined. Has problem with injuries. But has been doing relatively better this season.
Bale - 7, very good player, important for tactics, but still young and hence like last season he can't perform for a full season.
Pienar - 4, poor player who should be playing for a bottom table team. He flatters to deceive.
Defoe - 6, good player on his day, but his days are few and far between. Some fans compare him to david villa yet england thinks welbeck and carroll are better.
Pavlyuchenko - 3, shoudve left england long time ago.
Adebayor - 7.5, top player who is hungry to deliver. He's their most important player at the moment and the reason for why they're doing so well.
.
Arsenal
Szczesny - 8, arguably the best keeper in the league at the moment with only Hart to challange him.
Fabianski - 5, good competent keeper, but soft in the head.
Sagna - 8, the best rightback in the league and among the top 3 rb in europe.
Jekinson - 5, good rightback, young, tall, energetic and determined to do well, english and a fan. But he's immature and inexperienced. Will make many mistakes and is currently injured.
Santos - 6, top player, best going forward but poor defender. Experienced and very matured and has played at the highest level. Currently injured.
Gibbs - 5, very gifted and dynamic, he has all the qualities to be worldclass. But injuryprone and inconsistent.
Vermaelen - 8, one of the very best central defender in the league, experienced, matured, strong mentality and a leader.
Kos - 7, top defender, has everything to be worldclass.
Per - 6, top defender, leader, mature and very experienced. But new to the league and very slow for the pace.
Djorou - 5, competent but soft and a weak mentality. Prone to mistakes. Was topclass last season but has now gone average.
Song - 8, the best dm in the league by a distance. A little soft in the head.
Wilshere - 7, best young player in the league, will need some catching up to do when he returns.
Arteta - 6, good player, strong, experienced and efficient. Lacking in some qualities and hence is just slightly above average.
Ramsey - 5, quality talent but had an injury and hasnt reached top form yet.
Diaby - 5, very good player but injuryprone and soft in the head.
Rosicky - 5, quality player and highly experienced. Can't score and unreliable.
Gervinho - 7, impact player, but still look raw.
Walcott - 6, a unique player, important for tactics but inconsistent. Has enough experience to keep doing well even though he's young.
Arshavin - 3, use to be manageable, but now he needs to leave england.
Chamakh - 3, same as arshavin
benayoun - 4, good player with experience, but needs game time and guidance.
Vanpersei - 10, best striker in the world.
Park - 3, who is he?
.
Tottenham First team = 6.3 average
second team= 4.6 average.
Squad = 5.45 average.
.
Arsenal first team = 7.2 average
2nd team = 4.7 average
squad = 5.95
.
Arsenal first team playing due to injury = 6.9
.
Tottenham actually got more closer than i thought, but we have wenger and they have twitchy.

video: [url]

[/url]

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 08:21
Lets have this conversation in May,thats what counts not the ramblings of a deluded shite head.



DB10,the best.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 11:32
Quote:
De Times
I wasnt comparing any two players in particular, i just gave my ratings based on how i see these players and not according to media hype. Walker and jekinson got the same vote, i didnt plan that, but the truth is they're both the same thing. Walker is playing better now cos he's got game time, but jekinson will be the better player.
As for gervinho and vdv, gervinho is far more useful for any team than vdv will ever be.

love the fact that even ignoring Arsenal-Spurs bias, for your own team players you mark some players down for being injury prone yet give another injury prone player a top mark & rate him one of the best in the world, then pat yourself on the back for seeing through media hype but bascially rate the players you like haha



http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
celine dion (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 11:51
I am fascinated to discover that Aaron Lennon is 'small minded'

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 11:56
Sagna is currently injured but not injuryprone. Rvp has been injuryprone in his career, but on the evidence of the past one year and medical report, he's past that now.
Vdv on the other hand is always fragile and no one can guarantee he's fit for the next game. Also in order to stay fit, he doesnt work hard enough in games. For me, bale, adebayor, modric, and parker are all more important for spurs than vdv.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
celine dion (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 17:17
How did you get hold of Robin Van Persies medical report, De times?

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 18:29
Arsene wenger's press conference, he said there's no medical reason why vanpersei shouldnt be injuryfree. Besides rvp said he feels better than he's ever been before and that he's so fit he can score in every match. I believe all of that, esp with him being unsually injuryfree for more than a year now.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 20:21
i don't think parker is as important to spurs as what many think.

He is a good player but I think Sandro is better

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 22:16
Parker also brings confidence, maturity and experience to the team. He has a strong mentality.
Sandro is a good player, but he isnt going to give u anything extra.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Flava (IP Logged)
29 December, 2011 22:40
Parker goes about his business very efficiently. Good player, hope he gets injured.....but not badly as I like him.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 09:07
These spuds players look quite average now.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 11:27
hahaha love it (Sm152)



http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 11:34
Interesting to see if the players looking in such good form for you guys can produce it against the likes of City and Chelsea, when it really matters

by the same token we've had a few goals wrongly chalked out and hit the woodwork quite a lot lately and it's the little things like that

that can make the difference confidence wise

going to be a great end to the season methinks



http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 11:40
Well, you got a penalty against us for a Tom Daley impression.
Luck didn't help you much that day, did it!!
(Sm103)

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
80'sGoona (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 11:52
De Times was carrying the fight all by himself (Sm53)

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 11:59
Quote:
Philly the kid
Well, you got a penalty against us for a Tom Daley impression.
Luck didn't help you much that day, did it!!
(Sm103)

Walcott's mis-control for his excellent chipped finish was very lucky !

Rafa's 'handball' in our win at home was maybe a better example

The point I was making, is it's a very fine line when it comes to confidence. We've suffered with Ade losing form and confidence but he's had at least two perfectly good goals taken away from shocking officiating decisions and whoever finishes in the top 4 places will probably have a few decisions go there way this time round



http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 12:07
Fair point. Though it has to be said, if Ade could keep firm for a full season, he wouldn't have become the nomad he is now!!
Costs far too much for someone nobody wants. He's almost pricing himself out of a job!!

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
younghansolo (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 12:07
We get bad decisions every week. Most teams do.

The ref's are terrible. It's a part of the game now sadly. I think it's so commonplace that no individual team can now say they are unfairly treated.

I do however, seem to remember an article saying we would have finished 3rd yesterday had the ref's got all the decisions right in all games.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 13:16
@Philly, agree mate, he's come out in the media and said he'd grown up a lot since the shooting
interesing to see if he chooses football over money this summer, he certainly moaned like crazy when he was being paid 170k a week to sit on the bench

@YHS, there's a website dedicated to league table if ref decisions were correct, VERY subjective though

going back to the thread title, the media myth that we have the best squad in the league has been exposed big time, and most importantly, that players like King, Parker, Gallas, VDV, Friedel

either aren't able to play consistent back to back games or aren't far from retirement

said to many Arsenal fans when they were crying earlier in the season and calling for Wenger's head, that their position
comparitive to other clubs around them really is pretty strong, especially in the next 3-4 years

(obviously subject to not finishing outside the top 4 and losing more top players)
peversely though if you did lose them due to Wenger's past transfer policy, wenger would actually be the type of manager you'd need to bring through new players (and there aren't many of him around)



http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 14:08
There's actually none like him around.
Also, there's no way any other team is getting fewer wrong referee decisions than arsenal.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
celine dion (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 14:30
the Spurs players didnt look average at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Far from it. Absolutely took the game to Chelsea from 30 mins onwards. For anyone who actually bothered to watch the game impartially they are still a decent side and look to be coming out of their mini slump. Its Chelsea who have the problems on that evidence.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 14:37
Let's hope the chavs are still so shabby when we play them then. It'd be nice to do the double over them this season. Feels like ages since we last managed that!

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
tigerline (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 14:46
Agreed celine.
chelsea will struggle to get to fourth.

spuds look to be the much better squad for the run in, especially considering their remaining schedule. spuds' three toughest games are their next three - swansea at home, at sunderland (Hat Trick Nic!), and norwich at home.

it is going to be a battle for third for us all the way in.
we still have man city at home, chelsea at home, and at stoke. we cannot afford to drop points to anybody.

we have a slim 4 goal lead in goal differential over spuds. we need to really try to pad that number in the coming weeks - you know that spuds will be doing so against the bottom of the table.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 15:38
Spuds shouldve defeated chelski the other day, the fact that they didnt suggests their slump isnt over yet. It was two points dropped for them.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
De Times (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 15:42
Spuds shouldve defeated chelski the other day, the fact that they didnt suggests their slump isnt over yet. It was two points dropped for them.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 18:54
there again they played well and they now face easier teams. It could be beginning of recovery



Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 18:55
there again they played well and they now face easier teams. It could be beginning of recovery

(Ive posted it twice as De Times prefers that)



Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2012 18:56 by Padre Pio.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 19:03
(Sm6)
There again. Maybe they'll get complacent again, thinking they've got an easy win?

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
80'sGoona (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 19:07
Chelsea should have had one if not two penalties. Then you've got Mata hitting the post.

Whereas we knocked in five there.

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 19:33
They are both c.rap



Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

 
Re: And now Spurs are winning....
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 20:29
Quote:
Padre Pio
They are both c.rap
This



http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?