football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

DEFOE TO ARSENAL!
Thetruthisback (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 13:36
I doubt this is true - but he would be a great fox in the box for us - and I'd say Harry would sell as he seems to have lost with the pocket rocket. Him andd that West BROM GUY and I'd be happy. Bendtners fee alone would almost pay for both players, leaving loot to spend in defence and midfield.

Arsene Wenger will look to bolster his Arsenal forward line with a reported shock £10million swoop for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe.

The Gunners chief is desperate for more cutting edge in his attack next season and could gamble on 28-year-old England international, Defoe, whose injury problems and loss of form saw him slip down the pecking order at White Hart Lane in the past season.
A report in the Daily Star suggests that Wenger will approach his Spurs counterpart Harry Redknapp about taking Defoe in the hope he can get his career back on track just a short hop across north London following figures of just nine goals in 30 appearances last term.
Whether Redknapp would agree to sell Defoe to his club's main rivals remains to be seen, but he is looking to generate some funds so he can strengthen his own squad for another crack at securing Champions League qualification via a top-four Premier League finish next season, and could be tempted.

Re: DEFOE TO ARSENAL!
VIP (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 13:43
a spurs reject?

no thanks

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/702/att6ne3rry3.gif

04 June, 2011 14:00
Quote:
princeoftheCH
a spurs reject?
no thanks

Willie Young was Spurs reject and he was great.

wildermorph (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 14:05
no thanks, good premier league player however has always flattered to deceive and quite frankly does not score enough goals strangely enough to justify his lack of 'team play' when in the starting 11. There is a reason why he has not been getting into the spurs team you know.

Spurs wouldn't sell him to us regardless.

BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 14:18
maybe 2 years ago but not now seems to be regressing

zombiez (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 14:51
AW wont add another midget... i guess he will buy big players now.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 15:06
DEFOE ??????????
You have to be kidding.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/BostonGooner1/roastspurs.gif

Flava (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 15:11
Williw Young was a farmer and Defoe is a dwarf. Defoe can't even get in in front of Pav and Lurch

04 June, 2011 15:21
Must have been a sick mind to make this up

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 17:22
Quote:
Flava
Williw Young was a farmer and Defoe is a dwarf. Defoe can't even get in in front of Pav and Lurch
This is light humour compared to watchin that s.hit (England) on TV

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

eduardo (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 21:55
bendtner has better record this season than defoe -
nik 28 games 9 goals
jd 30 games 9 goals

04 June, 2011 22:14
Quote:
eduardo
bendtner has better record this season than defoe -
nik 28 games 9 goals
jd 30 games 9 goals

Arsenal possess better quality than Spurs - his style would be more suited to us as our players are more technically gifted and would play it to his feet in the box where is is a real poacher.

Shelfsidespur (IP Logged)
04 June, 2011 22:17
I like Bendtner, rather spurs sign him and give you Peter Crotch as part of the deal...

Maybe the long ball game with giraffe might work instead of all that tippytappy-try-to-score-the-perfect-goal zzzzzzzz(Sm119)football you lot play..

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/onap/whitehartlane.jpg

04 June, 2011 22:59
Quote:
Shelfsidespur
I like Bendtner, rather spurs sign him and give you Peter Crotch as part of the deal...
Maybe the long ball game with giraffe might work instead of all that tippytappy-try-to-score-the-perfect-goal zzzzzzzz(Sm119)football you lot play..

Sorry Bro, didn't you know that is a capital offence for WENGER to field a play any taller than 4 feet tall, ruleing out Crouchy by ten feet; however, Defoe at just over 14 inches would be a dream come true for WENGER - at present he is over in PYGMANIA checking out some talent, so we'll have towait until he gets back to see what he has to say about your midget.

Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 13:05
ASAMOAH GYAN.

AFC
RULE!

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 14:34
I'd take Defoe.

Blaine (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 14:44
Naah... we already have too many hot/cold players like him. We need consistent performers, and no more lukewarm players like Bendtner or chamakh.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 14:50
Yeah I'd take Defoe nice lad scores goals. But had a nasty injury at the start of last season. At 28 still has s fewyears at the top. Some here wanted bent not so long ago, well Defoe is similar and much better. Scores all types of goals and that's all he does. That's what we lack on our bench, goal scoring subs.

Let's face it nik is gone and therefore we don't have anyone on the neck who can score.

Blaine (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 15:13
Quote:
younghansolo
Yeah I'd take Defoe nice lad scores goals. But had a nasty injury at the start of last season. At 28 still has s fewyears at the top. Some here wanted bent not so long ago, well Defoe is similar and much better. Scores all types of goals and that's all he does. That's what we lack on our bench, goal scoring subs.
Let's face it nik is gone and therefore we don't have anyone on the neck who can score.

No he's not. Bent is a more consistent goal score and is not as injury prone.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 15:18
Bent is not a more consistent goal scorer at allLoath at both of their ratios then say that. Before last season he was scoring 1 in 2 and averaging 18 epl goals a season and importantly scoring against the big four. He is less injury prone certainly. But I don't see Defoe as beeng a sick note.

Crucially he's also likely to cost considerably less than bent would be worth.

05 June, 2011 17:14
Would never happen, even though I could imagine him doing a good job for you. Must have been a quiet news day.

x~Audere Est Facere~x

celine dion (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 17:16
i agree about Defoe being a nice chap. I watched a thing on Sky about him. A very pleasant young man. I've never subscribed to the old 'he plays for Spurs therefore he's a c*nt' sort of thing. Chances are he's a more decent fella than Mr Nasri and other types.

05 June, 2011 21:12
Quote:
celine dion
i agree about Defoe being a nice chap. I watched a thing on Sky about him. A very pleasant young man. I've never subscribed to the old 'he plays for Spurs therefore he's a c*nt' sort of thing. Chances are he's a more decent fella than Mr Nasri and other types.

So it is not just me then who is thinks hateing Spurs is daft.

Flava (IP Logged)
05 June, 2011 21:24
Quote:
thetruthis

Hating Sp*rs is in my DNA. C.unt of a club. Some of their players are alright though.

celine dion (IP Logged)
06 June, 2011 06:12
I'm not keen on a lot of their fans what with their propensity for wrecking our toilets and throwing Stella
bottles at people. But all I'm saying is it's
a bit childish believing every Spurs player to be of reprihensible character. Peter Crouch for example strikes me as a very pleasant man, a model neighbour. Whereas I'm
not sure i would get on with Samir Nasri at all.

crumps (IP Logged)
06 June, 2011 09:38
would be a good signing IF WE GO BACK TO 4-4-2!!!

Gooner_Mike (IP Logged)
06 June, 2011 09:56
I'd have him. Knows how to score a goal.

Mr. Clock End (IP Logged)
06 June, 2011 10:10
Quote:
Flava
Hating Sp*rs is in my DNA. C.unt of a club. Some of their players are alright though.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Can we have this engrained in the stadium somewhere?

As a team they do have some decent players and have had players like gary linekar who nobody can hate. As a club they are an awful club with the most deluded, fans. And go to WHL and loads of them wait outside and snarl and spit at you (strategically behind police officers, doing their best danny dyer impressions) real aaard lot those spurs making cut throat gestures at 13 year olds

06 June, 2011 11:23
If they are half as arrrd as Danny Dyer they must be a tough bunch.

no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
06 June, 2011 15:57
Quote:
Mr. Clock End
Quote:
Flava

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Can we have this engrained in the stadium somewhere?

As a team they do have some decent players and have had players like gary linekar who nobody can hate. As a club they are an awful club with the most deluded, fans. And go to WHL and loads of them wait outside and snarl and spit at you (strategically behind police officers, doing their best danny dyer impressions) real aaard lot those spurs making cut throat gestures at 13 year olds

yeah cos you don't get that at other clubs do you (Sm16)

watched a NLD in the plastics section of the Arsenal fans and found it quite amusing to see a 40 year old man who'd taken his 3 small lads with him standing up and shouting "yeah f#ck off you yid w#nkers" at every given chance when the Spurs fans were singing.

To be honest I preferred that to the 12 year old sat next to me who shouted "ole" practically every single time Arsenal touched the ball

For every t#sser Spurs fan I'd say there's a t#sser Arsenal fan

but our atmosphere at home games definitely better than yours, t#ssers or not (Sm100)(Sm6)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

PKGooner (IP Logged)
06 June, 2011 16:28
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
thetruthis

Hating Sp*rs is in my DNA. C.unt of a club.

(Sm128) Hate the b-stards and everything to do with them. Including every single player of theirs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 16:29 by PKGooner.

celine dion (IP Logged)
06 June, 2011 17:43
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
Quote:
Mr. Clock End
Quote:
Flava

yeah cos you don't get that at other clubs do you (Sm16)

watched a NLD in the plastics section of the Arsenal fans and found it quite amusing to see a 40 year old man who'd taken his 3 small lads with him standing up and shouting "yeah f#ck off you yid w#nkers" at every given chance when the Spurs fans were singing.

To be honest I preferred that to the 12 year old sat next to me who shouted "ole" practically every single time Arsenal touched the ball

For every t#sser Spurs fan I'd say there's a t#sser Arsenal fan

but our atmosphere at home games definitely better than yours, t#ssers or not (Sm100)(Sm6)

Yes but our t#ssers are a better class of t#sser than yours Gazza. Your t#ssers still think its 1985, wear at least eight sovereign rings, Paul and Shark jumpers, and never leave the house without at least £900 in cash. They throw Stella bottles at people and spend practically the whole of every home game making 'w*nker' signs at the opposition from the Paxton Road end.

Whereas our t~ssers are intolerable hoxton fin yellow tinted glasses Nick Hornby retro shirt apple mac types who think football was invented the day Arsene Wenger walked through the marble halls and spend most of the game talking to their mate about the UEFA fair play rules.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 17:45 by celine dion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net