football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Stewart robson just had a major moan at all things arsenal
eduardo (IP Logged)
11 September, 2010 16:08
He was co-commentator for setanta ireland and his moan started shortly before the game began with a dig at the ability of squillaci, continued throughout both halves ranging from every free arsenal won, to even a go at the fans. He had right go at eboue, tried to defend robinson studs up tackle on diaby, blasted the ref for decision after decision given to arsenal. Was critical of cesc before realising he had three assists today. He also had dig at wenger. Only thing he got right was making song man of the match. I bet robson is still complaining

Re: Stewart robson just had a major moan at all things arsenal
BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
11 September, 2010 16:13
Quote:
eduardo
He was co-commentator for setanta ireland and his moan started shortly before the game began with a dig at the ability of squillaci, continued throughout both halves ranging from every free arsenal won, to even a go at the fans. He had right go at eboue, tried to defend robinson studs up tackle on diaby, blasted the ref for decision after decision given to arsenal. Was critical of cesc before realising he had three assists today. He also had dig at wenger. Only thing he got right was making song man of the match. I bet robson is still complaining
What the robson from aresnal TV ...very strange if thats the case.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2010 16:13
I used to like his refreshing honesty. He seems to have realised that to mkake it big you need to be an absolute moron.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

eduardo (IP Logged)
11 September, 2010 16:18
Yeah robson of arsenaltvo. Think you are right tom, robson must be trying to get job on sky.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
11 September, 2010 21:18
What did the fans do wrong?

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

eduardo (IP Logged)
11 September, 2010 21:30
the fans booed some of the bolton tackles, also called for some bolton players to be booked.

Robson even made the stupid claim that Arsenal's tactical changes in the second half which saw song attack more and players interchange positions more to help lose their markers was not instructions given by Wenger at half time but decisions the players came up with themselves(implied Wenger would not think of it)

I swear it was like listening to lou macari - for anyone who has not had the pleasure of Lou macari commentary on an Arsenal game, all I will say is to say lou dislikes Arsenal 100% is to underestimate how much he dislikes Arsenal.

weedz (IP Logged)
11 September, 2010 23:41
Strange considering the show`s for Arsenal fans

Arsenal are going to win a BIG trophy this season.
Mrs Weedz told me

eduardo (IP Logged)
12 September, 2010 12:52
Robson also had a go at diaby over his reaction to the nasty tackle from robinson, proclaiming the tackle could not be too bad seeing how diaby jumped up to have a go at robinson. Has robson left his role at arsenal tvo and the match day programme, cos i suggest if he has not he should be let go after the non stop moaning yesterday

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2010 13:12
He used to cream whenever Diaby touched the ball.

eduardo (IP Logged)
12 September, 2010 13:23
Yeah tom, robson is big diaby fan, but for whatever reason, yesterday robson was just anti all things arsenal from first to last

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2010 14:01
Quote:
eduardo
Robson also had a go at diaby over his reaction to the nasty tackle from robinson, proclaiming the tackle could not be too bad seeing how diaby jumped up to have a go at robinson. Has robson left his role at arsenal tvo and the match day programme, cos i suggest if he has not he should be let go after the non stop moaning yesterday

He forgot that Diaby is one tough cookie who jumped up after Dan smith broke his ankle.

Diaby was incensed and about to attack Robinson.
He knew it was a bad injury.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
13 September, 2010 11:52
Firstly, adrenaline rush is why diaby jumped up. Had the same thing once. Chased the @#$%& across the pitch then couldn't walk for a week.
Secondly, SR was commentatonh for arrant IRELAND. Anyone still not understand why robson was moaning about arsenal?

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2010 12:02
The point is that he used to be the guy who wasn't a corporate slag, even on ATVO he would have a go at Arsenal (not unjustly) not he sounds like a mug whichever game he comments on.

eduardo (IP Logged)
13 September, 2010 21:40
philly why would him commentating for setanta ireland be a reason to have a go at Arsenal, the gooners are easily the third most supported FAPL club in Ireland, and setanta have very little customers and you can be damn sure few if any are bolton fans, and its unlikely it is to please utd and pool fans as i doubt too many would tune in to watch arsenal v bolton

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
15 September, 2010 12:41
It was my understanding that setanta hated arsenal. Seemed fairly obvious hearing the kind of pundits they lined up for our games, and the @#$%& they spouted. I actually thought that the arsenal had minimal support over the pond. Am I wrong? I thought the Irish all support pool and the mancs?!

eduardo (IP Logged)
15 September, 2010 14:15
Yes setanta ireland dislike arsenal, it was worse when setanta uk was running with the likes of tim shitwood on it, but there is a large gooner following in ireland. Yes behind utd and pool but easily next best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net