football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Wenger: no new defender before sunday's game and not looking for a goalie at the moment
eduardo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 10:29
Said it on Arsenal tv online. Koscielny and vermaelen to start on sunday

Re: Wenger: no new defender before sunday's game and not looking for a goalie at the moment
eduardo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 10:41
Wenger having said earlier in his interview we are still looking for defenders and it ere not look like a deal would be done before sunday then fecking added "we will concentrate on winning the big game on sunday then we will decide if we sign anymore players or not ". He can go @#$%& himself if he is not bringing in more players.

Re: Wenger: no new defender before sunday's game and not looking for a goalie at the moment
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 10:53
OMG!!!

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 10:53
(Sm22)(Sm22)

And I got slagged for psoting ,,"we wil sign all the players beofe WC2010.."

ANd I was correct...he did signed ALL the players he needed..(Sm22)...Wengerese for you...Ed.

eduardo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 11:10
He has started to tie that noose for his neck a bit earlier than i expected. If no more signings he will have to be on run of good results till shareholders meeting in october or hell will break out at it. Imagine poor results with only two signings and then board reveal our debts have gone way down again. If they thought last seasons meeting was rough then they will be aghast at what happens at this one.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 11:18
Or maybe not.
His youngsters finally performing to their potential and to his potential.

weedz (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 11:41
Could `We are not looking for a goalie at moment ` mean he already has one in his pocket? ie Schwartzer

Arsenal are going to win a BIG trophy this season.
Mrs Weedz told me

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 11:47
this guy is definitely high on something cheap............i thought it will be a rough ride this season but now i know it may become real nasty

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/FACUPWINNERS.jpg

IT WAS A LONG WAIT BUT IT WAS WORTH IT...GUNNERS FOR LIFE!!

Bergmars (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:07
What sense does it make to go into a season with the bare bones in such a crucial position as CB,never mind with Fred Karnos supplying the GKs.
Djourou cannot be relied on,so we are left with TV and Kos already,its absolute madness.
Im slowly beggining to turn from the manager,he seems to live on a different planet to me thats for sure.

DB10,the best.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:10
And WTF will we do if either TV or Kos get injured.

DB10,the best.

celine dion (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:14
Quote:
Bergmars
And WTF will we do if either TV or Kos get injured.

Djourou of course. Hes absolutely brilliant. and also he never gets injured.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:14
He said today also "Liverpool test will show we can win the league" so if we don't beat Liverpool does that also me we can't? Wenger is committing suicide right in front of us at the moment.

crumps (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:21
this is it for weneger, no more excuses, no more blaming the ref, no more blaming the opposition in their tactics, no more blaming our clubs who are in debt but still paying 15-20 million for players

no more chances for wenger - 6 seasons without a trophy or final is not good enough for arsenal

i for one will not be saying 'in wenger we trust' anymore

he identified our problems at the end of the season, and he hasnt done anything about it - what is he getting paid for???? its so clear that we need improvement in the defensive side and he has done sod all

weve been told we can compete in the transfer market so why did we not offer the 4 million for schwarzer straight after they quoted.

4 million is a bargain - look at liverpool they have just spent 2.5 million on brad jones from middlesboro who was schwarzer no.2!!!!!!!!

wenger and the board get ur head out of the sand - the football market has changed dramatically in the last 5 years

bring back david dein - there is something not right that we have only spent 2-3 million this summer!!!! weve also probably saved around £120,000 a week on wages with gallas, silvestre, campbell and senderos leaving

what is going on

karsene16 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:23
That's Wenger for you, going into the league with the minimum, last season we wanted a replacement for Adebayor and he didn't come until this summer, I'm sure we'll get Campbell's replacement sometime next summer.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/cutmypic.png

crumps (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:28
well he still aint replaced lehmann either!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:30
All hell has broken loose..(Sm22)
but don't forget Wenger is a risk taker and don't forget he knows that even if team doesn't win anything still sky isn't falling down considering how though this year competition would be if he could finish in top 4 again he has done a good business..and tell me a soul in the world who could dare to bet against Wenger not finishing in top 4...so my analysis is Wenger knows how to finish in top 4 and from the past Wenger knows how to win the league also so there is only positive things can be expected otherwise everything is normal..

crumps (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:34
wenger a risk taker????

if he was he wouldnt be scared to make a 4 million bid for an established premiership goalkeeper!!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:41
Nah..Wenger is a risk taker in terms of trying to do things without spending $$..why do you think someone a risk taker if he spends money lavishly..everybody knows risk is reduced when you have more resources..so of course Wenger is a risk taker..and I'd say successful risk taker..

13 August, 2010 12:46
.. I think wenger is testing my nerve .. lol

damn it wenger we can't take these games anymore.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:46
Three f*cking months hes had to sort this out. He'll come out with the usual b0llocks 'we were close to signing somebody but were £2 off' when the window finishes.

He's making sure this season will be his last

PKGooner (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:50
I'm going on sunday but f*ck me never have I been more disinterested for the start of a new season.

Its the same old sh*t as last year and the year before, we're at least two players short, the squad is full of injury prone players. FFS (Sm164)

crumps (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 12:54
Quote:
SandyB
Nah..Wenger is a risk taker in terms of trying to do things without spending $$..why do you think someone a risk taker if he spends money lavishly..everybody knows risk is reduced when you have more resources..so of course Wenger is a risk taker..and I'd say successful risk taker..

wenger had no money to spend anyway!!! a risk taker is spending 15 million plus on a player and hoping he will be worth it!!!

nomi_gunner (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 13:02
Quote:
pk_gunner
I'm going on sunday but f*ck me never have I been more disinterested for the start of a new season.
Its the same old sh*t as last year and the year before, we're at least two players short, the squad is full of injury prone players. FFS (Sm164)
thumbs down

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 13:18
Quote:
AW
Lets focus on players we have, we have keepers of quality

what an idiot...cant wait to see our players @#$%& up and cant wait to get really depressed from watching arsenal play and thus ruining my whole weekend

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 13:34
Quote:
wenger had no money to spend anyway!!!

Actually, you are right..Wenger has no money to spend..

People who take note on my post, I've posted many many times before more than a year that having money in the bank or whereever and having money to spend are two different things...Wenger has no authority over Arsenal money, balance sheet or anything. Wenger is a shield which club management uses without having to spend money...the day Wenger is gone, all hell will actually break loose, as no one could expect to keep the club in top plight with the amount spent by the club. So if and when Wenger is gone, will that be good or bad for the club is an interesting thing to watch...
I have said many many times also I don't blame Wenger a word for not spending but I do blame Wenger for actually less focusing matters on the pitch rather than overall club management. I expected a lot more from Wenger in progress of players like Denilson, Walcott, Diaby, Djourou, Bendtner, Fabianski, Clichy even RVP and Sagna...the stagnation or snail pace growth of these players actually made me believe he doesn't provide much time on players development. Then if you look at world football, you will notice there are people like Pep, Dunga, Marcelo Bielsa, Dutch manager, Luis Van Gaal, Feguson, Morinho, Felix Magath has introduced different variety of football in terms of change in formation, reducing the rigidity bringing in flexibility, fluidity to the game. These things attribute to less predictability and more chances of winning matches. Wenger ball or whatever you call is becoming more and more predictable and I don't see any effort from the great man to reinvent the beautiful game. There are much more to look into rather than only buying players, 20 years old Thomas Muller, 21 years old Ozil are examples of how players could be matured to be world class, 22 years old Messi or Ronaldo attended the best of height just at 21, same goes to Rooney. They ware not a bought players but made players.
The young Selecao played against USA had players like 18 years old Neymar and 20 years old Ganso..I'm proud of them actually I wanted to be proud of Denilson but somehow I didn't see him progressed as expected. Why this is the case, shouldn't it be that many of the world's best young players are from Arsenal!! The amount of youth in a big club like Arsenal and their exposure to top class football demands a lot more quality players considering the chances they get.
Just think, Fluminese now running at top of Brasilian league and they can't afford to play Wellington Silva, think about it a Brasilian club can't afford to provide chances to a 17 years old quality player but Arsenal could..so don't you think with some better quality training and mentoring a player like Wellington should be a world beater when he's at the age of 20 to 21..I'm disappointed with Arsene Wenger in this regard, he lost the touch of producing top quality players or I don't know has he have ever done it in the past or just bought talented players...Wenger needs to prove that being purist and a true top quality manager he knows how to develop top quality talents...

Blaine (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 13:49
What planet is Wenger from? Geez, doesn't he ever learn from our past. This is should be his last season if the team fall short yet again.

He who fails to plan, plans to fail.

eduardo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 14:13
He has been offered a new contract. Will sign it soon. Minor details to sort out.

crumps (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 14:53
Quote:
eduardo
He has been offered a new contract. Will sign it soon. Minor details to sort out.

yeah like if the team is a success he will sign if it fails he wont!!!

eduardo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 15:34
No crumps it will be signed early season. Long before anything is decided. Probably in time for agm.

crumps (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 15:36
will be dragged out til march like it always does

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 16:32
It'll be "fun" watching new signing Koscielny thrown in at the deep end without a floater on Sunday

Fear the worst.

Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 16:41
Sunday will be a baptism of fire for Hodgson, let's not get confused. They won't be able to contain our attacks.

AFC
RULE!

Thetruthisback (IP Logged)
13 August, 2010 18:11
Don't say I didn't warn you all. Just how is a team expected to stay in top 4 with practically no defense, tha tis prone to injury?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net