football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

''We are going to kick them''
Mr. Clock End (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 20:58
Before some of you come out and defend shawcross, about how he didn;t mean to break ramseys leg in two pieces; consider the fact that Stoke made it clear with numerous comments through the likes of ricardo fuller before the cup game saying "We will kick them". When that becomes a TACTIC in a football game, why are people surprised when something like this happens??

We will kick them doesn't mean we will 'be physical' it means they will hurt our players to disrupt the football. Shawcross did not want to break his leg but he wanted him to feel it. All the media will now come to the defence of the ''noble and decent'' shawcross and probably accuse arsenal of overreacting and being 'no angels'. Diaby got it, Eduardo got it and now Ramsey has had it.

And then Tony Pulis had the nerve to have a go at cesc after he made an silly late challenge. Im not even going to listen to the media rubbish or spurs, chelsea, united fans etc who will no doubt stick up for shawcross. F*ck them, f*ck shawcross and his crocodile tears, f*ck pulis, f*ck stoke city and f*ck their @#$%& fans.

I dont care if anyone thinks im overreacting, im sick of seeing players careers threatened because they have the nerve to play football and play the game the way it should be played.

Re: ''We are going to kick them''
PKGooner (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:06
Make you right mate.

As you said when you go out with the intention of 'roughing them up' this can happen.

Though a slight positive note would be that this should be a good team building win, hopefully have the opposite effect of Brum two years ago.

Loved Fabregas telling Pulis to shut up at the end.

Pulis f*cking in bred c*nt. Always hated the tw*t.

eduardo (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:07
thumbs down spot on, it so funny that smith who smashed Diaby's ankle was not that kind of lad, came from a good close family, and he was distraught, and had no malice in his body, then Taylor who smashed Eduardo'sleg was not that kind of lad, came from a good close family, and he was distraught, and had no malice in his body and now Shawcross smashes Ramseys leg and he too is not that kind of lad, comes from a good close family, and he is distraught, and has no malice in his body

God how much damage would they do if they ment it, if you go out to LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE THERE then you are willing to run the risk that you will end a guys career so they can save their @#$%& tears, its far too late

onlynasri (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:08
Tony Pulis mouthing off insults to Fabregas was brilliant; Cesc would never be bothered by someone such as Pulis. Waste of time on Tony's time, and Cesc even had the nerve to tell Pulis to shut his mouth.

27 February, 2010 21:19
Im glad you guys agree with me. Im not talking about the specifics of the tackle, all i know is if someone came to me and said at the start of the season and said that one of our players would have his leg snapped in two again - i would say 'i bet it will be against stoke away'.

no coincidence my friends. Now shawcross gets rewarded with a call up for the england squad. Good message to the kids that is - wanna play for england? break some legs!

GoonerCoach (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:27
Quote:
Baz Wenger

no coincidence my friends. Now shawcross gets rewarded with a call up for the england squad. Good message to the kids that is - wanna play for england? break some legs!

exactley aswell as it is against ramsey-wales star player who coincidently are in englands group are they not?

AFC4life (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:28
The thing is say someone comes from a really rough family and neighbourhood should that make them more likely to make a bad tackle.

This is unfair to poorer people/'poor families' - who cares about the background of a player. If they tackle like that they should be punished the same way - regardless of previous incidents.

The only thing I can say about Shawcross' challenge was that he went in full pelt and it wasnt a 2 footer off the ground.

27 February, 2010 21:33
remember when shawcross did adebayor last season off the pitch and he ws out for a month?

squarepeg (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:40
Shawcross should be banned for the rest of the season.

How many times has Arsene said this would happen again.... I just never expected it to be so soon.

I wonder what odds the bookies would give on fabregas getting his leg broken next season? Four out of four?

http://www.goonershirts.com/images/RVP1.gif

GoonerCoach (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:42
fabregas will be in a barca shirt in spain so he will be protected very well

eduardo (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 21:57
two years almost to the day that Eduardo got his leg smashed just as he was starting to establish himself in the side, now Ramsey finally looked like he had forced his way in as a starter and he gets done too

squarepeg (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 22:07
Hope Shawcross gets a really lenghthy suspension.

http://www.goonershirts.com/images/RVP1.gif

eduardo (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 22:13
three game ban at most, and in fairness it does not warrant anymore, but Stoke need to be taken to task this was their third red in three games, refs need to wise the feck up

27 February, 2010 22:15
just listened to talksh*te and they were almost on the brink of blaming ramsey for getting in the way of shawcrosses freedom of expression

eduardo (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 22:22
on irish tv MAtty Holland(ex charlton) and I think it was Cunningham(ex brum) both defended shawcross totally, cunningham even said it was no more than a yellow at best, Holland even said the penalty should not have been given, never mentioned the three other clear cut ones not given.

By Monday there will be a similar campaign as that one raged for tiny taylor

27 February, 2010 22:30
like i said, f*ck everyone else - 8 wins and we WILL win the league, lets go on a run and do it for ramsey. every game now is a cup final

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!

if we win it then we can stick it right up every one of the c*nts

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 23:10
my god watched motd and that was @#$%& horrible from shawcross

he is no where near the ball at all

and his foot was above the ball

and they had the nerve to call it clumsy

he went in sooo hard and didnt even get the ball

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 23:14
Ramsey was far too quick for him, It was a 50-50. But yes, clumsy is one way of saying it.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
28 February, 2010 05:13
Well said Baz Wenger.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/zsprti.jpg

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
28 February, 2010 07:13
The FA, refs and media are not going to change things even after today's event. IMO the best thing for Arsenal to do is to change the profile of our team. By that, I mean we start recruiting big, tall and mean looking players whom no other teams will dare to mess around with.

Think about it. Did we have any such unfortunate injuries during and prior to the Invincibles under Wenger's reign? I can't remember any serious injuries of a similar nature as Ramsey's, Eduardo's and Diaby's.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
28 February, 2010 09:19
Theblane lies with tony pulis, the refferees and the epl. To be fair to the ref I thought he behaved exactly right after the challenge. He made sure that we got every foul and didn't book our players fir reacting eg. Cescs takle. Problem is the ref should have done that before. I mean shawcross put in a couple of other hottie takles in the game. I'm anazed it wasn't wilkinson though he is genuinly a thug. Pulis us a @#$%& and I wouldn't shed one tear if he had been punched by cesc. Absolute @#$%&.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net