football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Kroenke selling
Bergmars (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 17:25
his stake in St Louis Rams according to reports in America,he owns forty percent of the franchise said to be worth seven hundred million.
It is rumoured he may make a takeover move in the close season.

DB10,the best.

Re: Kroenke selling
Gooner_Mike (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 17:48
Dont see how this will help. Unless he writes the debts off with the funds, then what were currently is doing is probably better. All of this because some smart alecks decided to go into building flats. How many other clubs bloody build there own flats and rid them with debt? The only good thing with Kroenke incharge is we wont have the money grabbing bored making decisions.

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 18:11
that cant be right

40% of rams shares is worth 700 million?

Shimmi147 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 18:58
So another potential American owner? Im sure the fans will love it hah

http://i.imgur.com/UcIwZ.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 19:30
Although I don't believe Kroenke will buy the club...but anyone will be better than the current indecision of without a owner and all we left of conflict of interest with major stakeholders and a stand still of any spending of funds when you are listed in any major exchange as public company the prime criteria is to hold the interest of your major share holders and that wouldn't be the case with a distinct owner.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 21:23
im not against kronke and the board dont seem to against him either

eduardo (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 21:38
GM the flats are now in profit

I still don't think Kroenke will launch a bid for Arsenal unless Usmanov tries to buy it

Gooner_Mike (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 21:48
If their in profit, then why are people using it as an excuse for why we are broke? I cant win sometimes.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 22:20
Quote:
Gooner_Mike
If their in profit, then why are people using it as an excuse for why we are broke? I cant win sometimes.

what can we do with a fiver?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/wilshere.jpg?t=1376646952

eduardo (IP Logged)
13 February, 2010 22:49
only the uninformed think we are broke, jeez our accounts are published every year, from memory we posted profits of around 30M for last year, and those figures did not include the sales of Adebayor and Toure, or signing of Vermaelen, and also did not include the sale of something over 40 flats(250,000 min per flat) so at least 10M

Now our wage bill is going to have gone up one hell of alot with 16 players signing new imporved deals, but we have healthy bank balance, even if we owe just under 300M on the stadium, and also we are compelled to either continue the regeneration around the stadium or sell it on to a developer(either way we have to have it done, under the agreement allowing the stadium to be built)

Dont confuse lack of signings with lack of money, but with the country in recession and decisions to be made on the remaining development Wenger is remaining careful on spending(apart from new contracts)

Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 February, 2010 10:06
I think what we sold Kolo and the other guy for has been used to give improved contracts to our players.
You may be right Eduardo it could be a safety net to counter Usmanov,and the Rams are worth 700mill not his forty percent,if my maths are correct his share is 280mill.

DB10,the best.

harvey107 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2010 10:13
And Arsenal are valued by Forbes at $1.2B so he has along way to go

karsene16 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2010 10:13
The wage budget probably comes from the gate receipts and that isn't breached no matter how much we get from transfer fees, it will always stay the same.

The Toure and Adebayor money will be put into the safe.

(Sm3)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/wilshere.jpg?t=1376646952

Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 February, 2010 13:11
Wish it was in my safe.

DB10,the best.

Ares (IP Logged)
14 February, 2010 13:36
Wish it was in my savings account.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2010 14:35 by Ares.

Chapman's Ghost (IP Logged)
15 February, 2010 09:46
If we'd have won that 112 million lottery the other week
I told my girlfriend I'd donate a 100 million to Arsenal
on the proviso that it was spent on new players.

She was rather indignant claiming that her team Oxford
Utd. need it more, which indeed they do but we could
give them 5 million and live on the rest. That didn't
placate her very much.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
15 February, 2010 16:47
Quote:
Chapman's Ghost
If we'd have won that 112 million lottery the other week
I told my girlfriend I'd donate a 100 million to Arsenal
on the proviso that it was spent on new players.

She was rather indignant claiming that her team Oxford
Utd. need it more, which indeed they do but we could
give them 5 million and live on the rest. That didn't
placate her very much.

lol

http://oi42.tinypic.com/zsprti.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net