football
Latest News:

FAO celine dion
plonky (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 12:47
I seem to remember you are the Tarmac Supremo for Devon.

Item about DIY pothole repairs in Devon about 25mins into The Daily Polotics which might interest you.

I'm popping out now to start work on the North Circular Road.

Re: FAO celine dion
celine dion (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 19:38
Hmm, I will try and listen to it Mr Plonky.

I have heard of this nonsense before. Basically because the local authorities in the UK tend to spend every bit of their government income on pensions, the backroads in the UK are indeed in a dire state.

Having said that Devon are one of my favourite councils, very reasonable gentlemen and I dont think they make a bad job of their roads personally, theres always plenty of antiskid and resurfacing going on where I live and the major roads are generally of high quality and often get their top layer skimmed. they also dont try to fleece utility contractors with unjust charges like a lot of councils in the rest of the UK do. Devon is also a difficult area to maintain the roads in due to the widths. Obviously if you want to start sorting out the potholes on the back roads you have to close most of them as you cannot maintain 3.2m single flow traffic width. Speaking as someone who closes a lot of roads in the South West, as soon as you say you are going to close a road everybody rings up and complains because they like driving tractors down them and so on. Most of my life is spent arguing with people who want to drive a f*cking HGV through Lower Winkleford and can't use my carefully planned diversion because its a got a dog leg on it which I didnt bother looking at properly.

Anyway Mr Plonky I shall try and listen to this emission, and meanwhile if anyone wants to discuss tarmac or road surfaces in the thread below I am sure we can enjoy a forthright debate.

Re: FAO celine dion
Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
24 February, 2017 17:52
I don't think the topic of tarmac and road surfaces was cutting it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net