football
Latest News:

The curse of Windows 10
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
19 December, 2016 16:47
I nearly wrote of my lap top due to this rubbish software. I only installed it as was warned that support for Windows seven would be removed in near future, so I downloaded it to discover that quite a few bits of hardware no longer worked like my world book server and my TV tuner. My camera has never been offered a driver on this new@#$%&software.
Nevertheless I persevered, got round most issues, but was never convinced that 10 was better than seven, apart from the interface with my iOs mobile and tablet.
True it was slightly faster and that was a plus.
However, since August it has gone into a shutting down for updates phase even when not asked, and then staying in update mode for hours on end. I had to turn it off manually and then reboot, though this often took several rebootings. Finally this Sunday it would reboot no more. I thought lap top was a gonner.
Fortunately I was able to get into recovery mode and delete Windows 10 and reinstall Windows 7, which now seems brilliant compared to 10.
Still got loads of programmes and hardware to install.
I hope the people who are suing microsoft take the ba$tards to the cleaners

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: The curse of Windows 10
Ares (IP Logged)
19 December, 2016 17:02
Windows 10 has worn me down.

I thought Windows 7 was shite for updates.

God Love Me Windows 10 is worse. The updates are more frequent. You can't opt out of 50% of them (Junk).

I don't need updating Microsoft Officewhateveritscalled every bleeding week when I don't use it. Open Office works Great. When Microsoft starts, just starts updating or whatever and your internet security provider rolls out files to keep up to date with windows tinkering theres no chance of getting anything done. Leave it alone for a few minutes and it will be restarting itself... when you absolutely do not need it to be performing executive tasks.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
19 December, 2016 18:13
Leave it alone for a few minutes and it will be restarting itself... when you absolutely do not need it to be performing executive tasks.
Thats what happened to me, and in the end you cant do anything.
I think I will have to get ready for going over to Apple in the end

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Ares (IP Logged)
19 December, 2016 19:18
Linux. If its anything. It will be Linux for me.

Anything to do with work. You need a nice simple stable customisable platform.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
19 December, 2016 19:34
Its being able to handle all file formats, which Apple is not so hot at

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
19 December, 2016 22:09
Yes Windows 10 is not good for older hardware, especially laptops and retail/ready-made PCs. My 6 year old laptop can't play nice with W10 due to not having new drivers released for its old hardware.

However W10 is very good for newer hardware and is technically better than W7. My custom PC from 4 years ago that I built myself upgraded to W10 with no major problems and after a few tweaks it has been smooth ever since. My older custom PC from 8 years also worked well with W10 because it was made of parts from custom/gaming PC enthusiasts companies like Asus, Corsair, MSI, etc. so they either released new w10 drivers for their older parts or the parts were designed to work with generic Microsoft drivers anyway with basic functionality, unlike the cheap parts that are used in ready-made retail PCs or the dedicated parts of a laptop so you would need to rely on its maker like HP, Dell, etc. to be bothered enough to release drivers for old stuff, which they most likely won't.

Also in regards to trouble with windows updates, you can disable automatic windows updates in w10 in various ways. Plus if you have the pro or enterprise version of W10 then you can even have windows setup so that it checks for new updates and notifies you that new updates are available but doesn't automatically install then and waits for you confirmation so that you can install the new updates when you are not going to use you PC/laptop.

Click the link below to see how to disable automatic updates in Windows 10:
[www.tenforums.com]

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Goofle (IP Logged)
20 December, 2016 08:48
My computer literally went to sh*t last night. I tried restoring it after Chrome broke down completely (for no apparent reason) and now it won't even turn on.

Ares (IP Logged)
20 December, 2016 11:52
If you have a clever friend like Plonky (or an IT custom/repair shop in your area)

Maybe they can have a look at the hardware.

Goofle (IP Logged)
20 December, 2016 12:19
I wasn't going to throw it out of the window.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
20 December, 2016 13:01
Quote:
Goofle
My computer literally went to sh*t last night. I tried restoring it after Chrome broke down completely (for no apparent reason) and now it won't even turn on.

Won't turn on at all or the OS won't load?

If it won't turn on at all then it is definitely a hardware problem, possibly the psu.

If it does turn on but the operating system, windows or macOS, doesn't load then it is more likely that either the OS is corrupted or the hard drive is damaged.

BTW is you computer a laptop or desktop PC?

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Goofle (IP Logged)
20 December, 2016 15:06
The latter on both. It happened late last night so I'll try and sort it out when I get home.

celine dion (IP Logged)
20 December, 2016 18:18
Ive got a mac. its a wonderful computer. Its perfect if you dont need to send any files to anyone else. But if you need to send files to anyone else, its just a pain in the ar*e.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 December, 2016 22:55
[email]h[/email]I think I got a few of those files Celine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/12/2016 22:56 by Padre Pio.

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 December, 2016 19:59
Download ubuntu.. remove every single thing which is windows, you might need to play around a lot with sudo apt-get stuff but they have solutions for everything. I'd suggest if you have an old laptop which is still working but you thought it's scrap coz of windows use it for linux. Trust me a month later your new laptop will be redundant and the old one will rock. I did it on my 2003 laptop compaq dual core. You can call it a grandfather's laptop but it's faster than my brand new macbook that I use for my office work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net