football
Latest News:

BREXIT..Are you guys serious??
SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 01:35
There won't be cheap players from France or Poland anymore for Arsene! (Sm100)
In all seriousness is this real why on the earth Greece like brinksmanship? Britain was enjoying special status in EU without any pressure of joining Euro...21st century is all about big market big economies dominating the world instead of heading towards United States of Europe to compete with soaring BRICS economies what's the point of leaving EU?

Just curious as outsider..

Re: BREXIT..Are you guys serious??
SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 04:35
A Brexit will be a good thing for Europe. The UK has always been a deadweight (and a convenient trojan horse for the US), contributing nothing to a supranational political Europe, quite the opposite in fact.

Europe is the world's largest supermarket, and that's the way the UK likes it. Now, willing countries will be able to coalesce around France and Germany and try to rethink and rebuild a serious political European project, without having to bend over backwards to satisfy extravagant British demands and give in to blackmail.

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 04:42
Quote:
Edward Snowden ‏@Snowden
No matter the outcome, #Brexit polls demonstrate how quickly half of any population can be convinced to vote against itself. Quite a lesson.

Self imposed economic sanction! LoL

djarse (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 06:09
Bonkers appalling vote

But that's how deeply unpopular the political establishment has become in the UK after years of austerity and treating ordinary people like sh*t

SuperRob (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 07:04
Quote:
djarse
Bonkers appalling vote
But that's how deeply unpopular the political establishment has become in the UK after years of austerity and treating ordinary people like sh*t

So we've gone and voted for Farage and Johnson, in effect electing the most right wing government in our history. I'm sure they will end austerity and treat ordinary people with more fairness... Or not.

weedz (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 10:13
Obviously, so far, no one on here is happy with the way the vote went.

Anybody pro leaving, got an opinion?

The appeal of both sides of the debate must have been great, indeed.

And I congratulate you on such a good voter turnout.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 11:08
disgusting

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Goofle (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 11:25
Great day.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 11:36
let's watch the space as the plot thickens

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

tigerline (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 11:59
For myself, the voters' loud statement reflects a massive distrust of government leaders and anti-immigrant fervor ... elements which raise the terrifying spectre of our own potential upheaval vote coming soon over here.

It seems inconceivable that a crude demagogue like Trump could win, but the lesson from today is to NEVER underestimate the thirst for political change in the electorate.

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 14:13
Quote:
tigerline
For myself, the voters' loud statement reflects a massive distrust of government leaders and anti-immigrant fervor ... elements which raise the terrifying spectre of our own potential upheaval vote coming soon over here.
It seems inconceivable that a crude demagogue like Trump could win, but the lesson from today is to NEVER underestimate the thirst for political change in the electorate.

You pretty much nailed it in US context, tiger but well EU being so far more of an ineffective n failed model there were whole lot of things to look at n improve. The biggest fallacy of this BREXIT is even if US elects someone like Trump people will get a chance to alter it in 4 years or congress will always be on balance but soon when Brits start realizing that being part of Euro was anything but a major issue for them there wouldn't be any course of correction left.
This is the example of highest level of fuc.kery when politicians screw things up then leave it to people to make deluded decisions n historic mistakes.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 15:18
http://i.imgur.com/2MNYG97.png

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

mallyx68 (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 15:24
We don't agree on much, Sandy.

But on this, as a UK citizen, I think you have this pretty much spot on.

Too many people in this country thinking Britain is some sort of superpower. Something it hasn't been for over a century and blaming much of our woes on the EU when most of the issues they moan about are brought about by our own government.

I'm afraid ignorance may well have won the vote.

24 June, 2016 15:30
Quote:
Goofle
Great day.

Yeah it sure is. (Sm16)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/13532953_10102129667985695_1859684223973860765_n.jpg?oh=29be566420e7ac6ff1d4e54e550d4a99&oe=57EFA8F6

FFS!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 15:46
If I was British, I'd probably be appalled, angry and shellshocked, too. But from a French persepective, and as someone who personally believes Europe should be more than just a giant supermarket and, as such, have more powers and prerogatives (at least, in some areas, such as diplomacy, defense, immigration, etc.), Brexit is not all bad news. In the short term, it should also serve as a perfect counter-example of what NOT to do to all euro-sceptics across Europe.

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 15:53
The biggest challenge the developed economies are facing in today's world is aspiring, hungry, fast growing developing world. Instead of trying to readjust n reposition the delusion seems to be protectionism.
Manchester isn't gonna start producing textiles in next 10 or 20 years due to BREXIT it's the Bangladesh, Vietnam etc will continue doing that may be with many more African countries or Mexico joining in.
British cars aren't going start rolling on the streets due to BREXIT it's the Honda, Kia or Hundai gonna stay on the streets.

Goofle (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 16:09
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Goofle
Great day.

Yeah it sure is. (Sm16)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/13532953_10102129667985695_1859684223973860765_n.jpg?oh=29be566420e7ac6ff1d4e54e550d4a99&oe=57EFA8F6

FFS!

What is wrong with older people having an opinion?

24 June, 2016 16:22
Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Goofle
Great day.

Yeah it sure is. (Sm16)

FFS!

Nothing wrong with having an opinion but they won't have to live with the consequences of their decisions anywhere as long us under 30s.

24 June, 2016 16:23
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13511002_1132311623476678_6251041359878797063_n.jpg?oh=8947791bc9b44c70b8c7bb9b1b7977c1&oe=580E4B43

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p750x750/13414410_258354547872755_1036900650_n.jpg

http://cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/full-width/images/2016/06/articles/main/20160625_ldd300.jpg

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 20:25
Not necessarily everything is bleak for big multi national corporates, they already started fear mongering of pulling out Brits getting into recession etc in short term Britain will suffer but then there will be lots of concessions tax breaks etc Britain might start thinking like Singapore n dangling carrots then London start bustling back again.

Well those who voted to take the country back goes back to square again!!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 20:36
I voted leave and was pleasantly surprised by the shock vote. Europe is the opposite of free trade, it's a protective block. It's the neo liberal dream, with low wages and the destruction of manufacture. It's run by unaccountable overpaid bureaucrats. The fact that the epl urged people to vote for it shows how far it's gone with its corrupt UEFA.
Meanwhile thousands of refugees die in the med each year as fascism grows in Poland and France. Unemployment for the young in Greece is 50%.
Time for this rich mans club to be broken up.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

weedz (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 20:56
will Scotland now have a 2nd referendum to leave the UK?

Goofle (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 21:32
Quote:
Padre Pio
I voted leave and was pleasantly surprised by the shock vote. Europe is the opposite of free trade, it's a protective block. It's the neo liberal dream, with low wages and the destruction of manufacture. It's run by unaccountable overpaid bureaucrats. The fact that the epl urged people to vote for it shows how far it's gone with its corrupt UEFA.
Meanwhile thousands of refugees die in the med each year as fascism grows in Poland and France. Unemployment for the young in Greece is 50%.

As much as you may not take this as a compliment, we think exactly the same on this issue.

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 21:35
Quote:
Padre Pio

Ha ha.. never thought you are one of those short sighted liberals..
Destruction of manufacturing in 'first world' is not due to EU it's more due to emerging '3rd world'...isolationism isn't a solution to tackle incompetence which probably EU has become.

In US Donald Trump says the same stuff that 'I'm gonna bring millions of jobs folks' I'm gonna screw Chinese n the Mexicans..(directly talking about '3rd world) I'm gonna raise tariffs so the companies who transfer jobs abroad will be forced to bring back jobs here folks...

Obama.. How? You have a magic wand!!

Those jobs are never gonna come back as no one would want to pay 10 times more than what it is worth to support fellow few million people. Soon the same people will throw the government who took such ridiculous decision.
There are other ways n better ways to deal with that.

You should be smarter than believing in tooth fairies, your action actually just triggered a huge laughter in Beijing n Moscow n I'm sure in many other parts of the world.

Quote:
weedz (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 20:56

This is what will happen when you leave the job of dealing with political incompetence in the hand of mass who are equally self centered n unqualified to make such call.

** No worries this is just a debate!

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 21:45
Quote:
weedz

Lets hope so.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 21:47
Quote:
Goofle
Great day.

(Sm152)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SuperRob (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 22:18
Quote:
Padre Pio

And Farage, Johnson and Gove isn't a "rich mans club"? Say hello to increased and prolonged austerity Padre.

In times of growing extremism and facism across the whole world, not just in Europe, we should be fighting it by coming together, not encouraging it by appointing the most right wing government our country has ever had!

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 23:01
Screwing the future generation in the name of independence?
Independence from who??

Ares (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 00:36
http://villanuevam.ism-online.org/files/2015/11/Life-Support1.jpg

Ares (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 00:41

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 08:22
Well done you Brits! you have way too much history, tradition and culture to end up being a faceless puppet of the Soviet European Union.

It's healthy to see nationalism springing again, after what seemed like ever lasting shadows.

What kind of good union is it when the young in Greece have no future? the girls of Romania and Bulgaria end up in the streets of Hamburg and Berlin selling themselves because there's nothing back at home?

As a millennial, I cannot understand how people of my generation are condeming elders for having their say. As long as they have a breath and a consciousness, they have the same rights as anyone else. Actually, I think elderly people might have a stronger say, afterall experience is not in vain.

SandyB (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 08:50
Sounds like the referendum was about showing solidarity with people of Greece n justice for East European women!! Did I miss something?

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 17:07
Quote:
SA-Gunner
As a millennial, I cannot understand how people of my generation are condeming elders for having their say. As long as they have a breath and a consciousness, they have the same rights as anyone else. Actually, I think elderly people might have a stronger say, afterall experience is not in vain.

That's all very nice, but the fact is, with age, people tend to become more conservative, more afraid, less tolerant, more bitter, etc, whereas younger people (millenials) today are much more inclusive and reject any form of discrimination, racism, bigotry and hatred based on gender, religion, ethnicity, you name it, which would explain why younger voters in the UK overwhelmingly voted in favour of Remain, or why young American voters reject someone like Trump so forcefully.

Not every Brexit voter is a bigot or a racist, but you can be sure every bigot and racist out there voted for Brexit. Similarly, every Trump voter may not be a racist and a bigot, but you can be certain every racist in the US – from the blue collar who blames Mexicans for stealing his job to the KKK – is voting for Trump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2016 19:05 by SaltnPeppah.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 19:07
I'm utterly at a loss how anyone could fathom an argument for leaving. Disgusted in my compatriots

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 19:13
Voting for Lexit, not conservative, the UK has been in the EU for 40+ years. So it was a vote against the status quo. The left used to be united against it, it was the conservative Blair that made this neo libral project a labour policy.
Sadly Corbyn bottled it and pretended to like it.
The main divide was not old and young, but haves and have nots.
This was the revenge of the poor against the Elite, they outnumbered UKIP by 4-1 but because Labour leadership deserted them their voice was not heard.
I personally know 4 BMEs who voted Brexit, and the figure showed that many thousands more did. Leave was about far more than racist bigots, but the pro Europe racist bigots took the moral high ground and yelled racist at a lot of decent people.
Not in years have so many poor people bothered to vote, both sides outnumbered the vote of any of the major parties.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 21:29
Padre You're right it's about haves vs have nots. Unfortunately, Leaving isn't going to change anything for the have nots, certainly not in a way they're expecting.

The politicians behind vote Leave have played a blinder. They've played on peoples' fear of outsiders, fear of the foreign bureaucrats who tell us what to do and control our lives (who are these people, how do they do this exactly and why are they any different to the bureaucrats in Westminster?). It's pure and simple "them vs us" politics that we've seen so many times before in the last 100 years in Europe.

And now these politicians are in power they can push their own agendas which will likely turn out to be at least as elitist as the status quo that everyone was protesting against. They are already rowing back on all their promises. £350m per week for the NHS - "that was a mistake". Cutting immigration - "do not imagine we will have zero immigration from the EU, it means we will have some control". Maybe they could have mentioned these things before people voted? And it's clear from his press conference that Boris has suddenly realised that he has no idea what he's going to do when people wake up to the fact that they can't keep any of their promises and that he was only in it for his own political gain anyway.

Honestly I think in a couple of years, working class people are just going to feel even more angry and betrayed, because they've voted based on empty promises by people who are deep down, just the same as the people they are voting to protest against. Our country isn't going to return to the good old days (remind me when they were exactly?)

1) net migration isn't going to reduce - apparently they want the Australian / Canadian points system, which was introduced to encourage more immigration in those countries
2) we've still got a government full of elite conservatives but this lot are more pro big business, pro free market, pro lower taxes for the rich and cutting support for the poor than the last lot
3) all these EU laws that we are "taking back control" of never had an impact on anyones day to day lives anyway (are people expecting the UK to just not have laws anymore? And can anyone name any of these 1000's of EU regulations that are destroying their everyday lives? And how many of these aren't just going to replaced by equivalent UK regulations anyway?)
4) we aren't returning to some manufacturing based economy where there's an easy guaranteed job for everyone. We're a skills and knowledge based economy now and that isn't going to change. We aren't going to do mass production at lower prices than the South East Asian countries.
5) Money and Power aren't going to be redistributed around the country in a more progressive way in the new free market economy. London's services sector is simply going to adapt and be just as dominant as ever. The rich will always make sure they are the winners, for example
5) all the EU funding for poorer communities will be withdrawn and there's no guarantee the new UK government will have the will or money available to replace it. I mean are you really suggesting that Boris and Gove are more interested in helping out working class communites than their etonian pals in the Banking industry?
[www.independent.co.uk]

So when nothing changes who will we have to blame? Will everyone realise and accept they were conned, or will the hatred of foreigners just keep growing? Everything in our history suggests the latter. And this is happening not just in the UK but across Europe and in America.

Padre I actually share the same frustrations with our political and economic systems. The divide between rich and poor is too big, neither Brussels nor Westminster are representative of the people, our political leaders are more similar to each other than to the people who vote for them, the divide between London and the rest of the country only causes division (i'd suggest that London has more in common with Hong Kong than it does with most the rest of England, which isn't healthy for the UK).

I don't know what the solution is, but I'm pretty sure that protesting by voting Leave, isn't it. And I fail to see how the Vote Leave campaign is any different to the rise in Fascism in France, Denmark, Greece and the USA.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 21:38
those committed leave supporters in England’s well-heeled south, commuter belt and a few towns here and there can’t win you a referendum.

What can, is hundreds of thousands, millions even, of working class voters who feel let down by a political system that has mined them for their labour and their unquestioning electoral loyalty without reward or remorse.

Those people in Birmingham and Yorkshire, in Sunderland and Swansea, have been too often sold a lie by the very politicians they elected to uphold their values of hard work, meritocracy, and a decent day’s work for a decent day’s pay.

They were treated like mugs by the Labour party they kept voting for. Literally.

Who can forget the ceramic cringe that was Labour’s “controls on immigration” cup unveiled for the working man’s price of £25 as one of the key pledges ahead of last year’s election?

And they turned to two differing politicians for their leadership as remain leaders performed a volte face on their anti immigrant rhetoric.

Nigel Farage, a Frankenstein’s early draft jumble of stale beer and bigotry, railed against the ‘elites’ even as he talked about how much he knew of the vote from his ‘friends in the city’.

Boris Johnson, the foppish Tim nice but Dim who cynically latched on to the Brexit campaign as a means to boost his chances of Tory leadership, looked ashen faced this morning, as well he should.

No-one sensible believes for a second that BoJo wanted Britain to leave the European Union. He has enough sense behind that shredded wheat barnet to realise the impact Brexit will have.

For Farage and his city chums, everything will be fine.

For those who voted to leave in England and Wales, in Labour heartland, things won’t be fine.

There will be no more EU working conditions ensured. No more EU funding for regeneration. Britain will only turn uglier as new scapegoats are found when nothing changes for the better in those Brexit voting areas.

They’ve been told that our EU neighbours are the enemy, that multiculturalism, not greed, is to blame for huge discrepancies in salary.

They’ve been told that by spineless politicians who had neither the guts nor the sense to defend those people who came to this country to improve it.

From Ed Miliband’s mug, to Theresa May saying we can’t deport EU criminals who have cats, from fanciful tales of EU interference on everything from B-roads to bananas, our political elite are to blame for the isolationist, parochial reality we now find ourselves in.

But it is the ordinary people who will suffer.

Read more at [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 21:48
Brexit. Can be an opportunity to change things

Goofle (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 22:24
video: [url]

[/url]

Gotta love the non-racist, non-fascist, liberal and progressive left.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 22:48
I havent a clue who Lauren Southern is, but those guys arent left, they are anarchists so stop trolling the left. Also this is completely off topic. Why don't you tell us why you voted Brexit, but you would rather change the subject.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2016 23:13 by Padre Pio.

SandyB (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 23:41
I don't know if I understand it correctly but the primary the very primary mission of EU was to create a big economy a single currency first. Regulations, political power tussle n actually the political 'one country' concept came much later.
I can understand EU isn't a country like USA it's an Union of countries to achieve certain goal.
First of all what I understand Britain didn't join in EU completely but is the 2nd largest contributor but they didn't contribute for free in return got the full market access to EU all the time n gain significantly economically for being part of EU.
So it was always a win win game till the thorny issue of immigration came into picture. Debating on issue of immigration fair enough, discussing n pushing your objectives within EU framework should've been the way to go but reading padre n many of your post here it appears most of you take the issue of your domestic politics of left n right into the call on quitting EU which should never been on the table for you to decide at the 1st place the reason is unlike electing your favorite government in every 4 years you and most importantly your future generation might never get a 2nd chance to correct it if time tells you it was a mistake.
Certain things should be beyond politics taking a call for your future generation should be one of them.
Lastly if overwhelmingly young generation Brits feel that they were betrayed there is always a way to take their issue to the street, do it guys do it Bernie way you can always reverse it before it's too late.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2016 00:10 by SandyB.

plonky (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 10:43
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Goofle
Great day.

Yeah it sure is. (Sm16)

FFS!

Nothing wrong with having an opinion but they won't have to live with the consequences of their decisions anywhere as long us under 30s.

If young voters had turned out in the same proportion as older voters the result may have been different. If you couldn't be bothered to go to the polling station you only have yourselves to blame. Its time to stop moaning now and accept the decision to leave the EU and make it work.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 11:26
Exactly Plonky, if the vote had gone the other way I would have been very disappointed, I voted leave in 1975 and lost, I didn't spend last 40 years campaigning to leave or reverse the decision. I think the reason their is an age gap, and it kicks in at 50 years not 65, is experience. Younger people have lived their whole lives under the EU they have become institutionalised, older people can envisage a different future.

So as Plonky says we need to get together and build a fair and decent society. If we are not united the bankers and bureaucrats will try and force c.rap deals on us.

Goofle (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 12:01
Quote:
Padre Pio
I havent a clue who Lauren Southern is, but those guys arent left, they are anarchists so stop trolling the left. Also this is completely off topic. Why don't you tell us why you voted Brexit, but you would rather change the subject.

I thought I responded to this last night but I'll say it again. I think you need to start accepting and understanding that the left has been taken over by far-left fascists, and it's been happening for quite a while. And the true left (or just liberals) need to start keeping these people in check - and the ones who indoctrinate them in school and Universities.

Also, a video showing "Anti-Brexit" protestors causing trouble for a reporter is off-topic in a thread about Brexit?

Also I already quoted you saying I agree with your reasons. Also that I'm against Globalization, Collectivism and central power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2016 15:10 by Goofle.

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 15:41
Quote:
Padre Pio
Exactly Plonky, if the vote had gone the other way I would have been very disappointed, I voted leave in 1975 and lost, I didn't spend last 40 years campaigning to leave or reverse the decision. I think the reason their is an age gap, and it kicks in at 50 years not 65, is experience. Younger people have lived their whole lives under the EU they have become institutionalised, older people can envisage a different future.
So as Plonky says we need to get together and build a fair and decent society. If we are not united the bankers and bureaucrats will try and force c.rap deals on us.

Padre again short sighted statement, if losing manufacturing jobs which many older generation people consider effects of globalization is one of your problem with EU then again it was never a EU issue this is global phenomenon.
Do you know the real reason why this is never a young generation problem? Let me try to explain, when I first joined the work force or was student the type writer was gone computer era kick started probably that triggered a whole lot of typist n stenographer job loss. It was never my problem, it was never our geneneration's problem so we were never bitter with it but some people from type writer generation might be still bitter with computer era.
Once again gotta say, people have given a very complicated decision to make which could be life changing for a lots n lots of people...a decision which should have been a given thing should have never be on your table, the stuff which politicians are paid to handle n you messed it up bringing right left politics in it. Then when someone like plonky when comes up n says you didn't turn up n voted so now live with it that proves beyond doubt that most of you were totally unqualified to make this kinda complicated decission. You did something very wrong to people of a whole generation n you have noway to amend it, most of you are gonna loss huge respect from your children n this will never heal.
Sorry you have messed up big time!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 16:00
Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
Padre Pio

I thought I responded to this last night but I'll say it again. I think you need to start accepting and understanding that the left has been taken over by far-left fascists, and it's been happening for quite a while. And the true left (or just liberals) need to start keeping these people in check - and the ones who indoctrinate them in school and Universities.

Also, a video showing "Anti-Brexit" protestors causing trouble for a reporter is off-topic in a thread about Brexit?

Also I already quoted you saying I agree with your reasons. Also that I'm against Globalization, Collectivism and central power.
Tom, correct your view buddy the ideology you are getting into isn't conservatism this is narrow minded self centered n most importantly easily to be used as a pony... note n note again I've never used those PC words against you but it means the same.

Why I'm saying all this the false leadership let's call them 'Trump style leaders' who sold you the idea of anti globalization, protectionism wrapping it up in anti left, right wing wrapper they are now scared have no clear plan how to give you the carrots they dangled at you so they are in for a long process of wait n see game probably for next 3 years. In the end you'll be left behind same as before but they'd walk away with their bucks. Don't ever ever compromise with things that you are familiar with that were given to you if you don't like some of it then try to change it staying within it rather than trying to change the course of a river.. these are important lessons of life buddy.

plonky (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 16:32
Quote:
SandyB
Then when someone like plonky when comes up n says you didn't turn up n voted so now live with it that proves beyond doubt that most of you were totally unqualified to make this kinda complicated decission.

You don't know if I voted and if I did you have no idea which way so it proves nothing other than you shouldn't have used my name to make your specious point.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 16:45
Goofle you are talking rubbish, you must be from Planet Zog.
Unless you have something serious to say I am ignoring you. Those guys were not on the left in that video, the left was sitting peacefully around on the grass

plonky (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 17:04
Quote:
plonky
Quote:
SandyB
Then when someone like plonky when comes up n says you didn't turn up n voted so now live with it that proves beyond doubt that most of you were totally unqualified to make this kinda complicated decission.

You don't know if I voted and if I did you have no idea which way so it proves nothing other than you shouldn't have used my name to make your specious point.

And please tell me which qualifications did the UK electorate need to vote in this referendum?

Goofle (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 17:08
Quote:
Padre Pio
Goofle you are talking rubbish, you must be from Planet Zog.
Unless you have something serious to say I am ignoring you. Those guys were not on the left in that video, the left was sitting peacefully around on the grass

Okay

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2016 19:15
Quote:
plonky
Quote:
plonky
Quote:
SandyB

And please tell me which qualifications did the UK electorate need to vote in this referendum?
Did you study rocket science if you haven't you are not qualified! Don't worry I haven't either so me too on the same boat with you plonky!
Let's try to find some rationale, if you decide to end your marriage which is irreversible you need to think about a lot of stuff if you don't want to do that that's what they call status quo you don't have to think about it decide about it or even vote about it...

Now go million steps further, if some nutcase politicians probably someone compared to Hitler decided to give you the power to decide even ending sandy's or shano's or flava's marriage then you have to fuc.king learn about rocket science n every other complicated things on planet earth before making such call for sandy or rockstaar. Just saying things like why didn't you turn up to protect it when I was deciding divorce call for you doesn't work, doesn't make sense unless you are ready for a fuc.king war with sandy, shano or whoever elses marriage you decided to end.
Now got it! Dumb ass (LOL)

plonky (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 00:42
What on earth are you babbling on about. Each UK citizen aged 18 or over had the right to vote. That is the only qualification that was needed. If a particular demographic chose not to vote then there is no point in them moaning at those who did if the result does not turn out as they wanted.

Its not rocket science.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 01:47
Quote:
plonky
What on earth are you babbling on about. Each UK citizen aged 18 or over had the right to vote. That is the only qualification that was needed. If a particular demographic chose not to vote then there is no point in them moaning at those who did if the result does not turn out as they wanted.
Its not rocket science.
(Sm164) (Sm164)
It's difficult to discuss with unqualified people! Who decides that I need to vote for confirmation which I already have? Do you go to church or court every year to confirm yes you want to remain married otherwise they'd revoke it?
Don't worry you wouldn't understand all this just good enough for you to know that you have screwed your kids future, you decided to take things away which they supposed to have just coz you voted with your half cooked knowledge about it.

plonky (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 02:06
Quote:
SandyB

Don't worry you wouldn't understand all this just good enough for you to know that you have screwed your kids future, you decided to take things away which they supposed to have just coz you voted with your half cooked knowledge about it.

Nothings changed. You still don't know if I voted and if I did you have no idea which way I voted so what are you banging on about you fool.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 02:29
Quote:
plonky
Quote:
SandyB

Nothings changed. You still don't know if I voted and if I did you have no idea which way I voted so what are you banging on about you fool.
You =/= plonky
I =/= sandy
I don't care which side you voted for I was talking about your argument to young people that if you have not gone down to vote then 'shut the fuc.k up n bite the bullet' which is absolutely dumb statement to your kids...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/06/2016 03:17 by SandyB.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 09:09
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
plonky
Quote:
SandyB

You =/= plonky
I =/= sandy
I don't care which side you voted for I was talking about your argument to young people that if you have not gone down to vote then 'shut the fuc.k up n bite the bullet' which is absolutely dumb statement to your kids...

No its not dumb, everyone had the right to vote, registration was extended and an extra 2 million signed up. The vote has been taken and we now need to unite to make the best of it.

Eboractos (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 13:09
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Goofle
Great day.

Yeah it sure is. (Sm16)

FFS!

I'd wager that your average 60 year old has a better understanding of what the referendum was about than your average 18 year old.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 13:11
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
plonky
Quote:
SandyB

You =/= plonky
I =/= sandy

No its not dumb, everyone had the right to vote, registration was extended and an extra 2 million signed up. The vote has been taken and we now need to unite to make the best of it.
Right to vote for what?? You didn't answer why you want people to confirm something which is given. Why someone have to go down to polling station to say 'I remain'? Who ever have not voted all by default remain.
Let me tell you what this vote was all about, Right to vote for a leftist like you who's bitter of everything n wants to rock the boat on every opportunity to unite with fear mongering, xenophobic, bigoted people on the right who believe they are correct on everything n something is wrong due to someone else outsider, foreigners fault to share a common enemy a common platform who isn't actually enemy to anyone (The EU), then venge your anger n screw common people, sensible people, people who are in the middle, the young people who are the building block of new economy, the students and the hope for a good future to everyone.
Then you have the cheek to call people unite? I don't think this rift will ever heal without paying heaviest price unless it's somehow been altered before a complete damage is done.

Goofle (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 14:44
The EU has been screwing the common man for decades and only continues to get less democratic and more authoritarian.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 15:11
Quote:
Goofle
The EU has been screwing the common man for decades and only continues to get less democratic and more authoritarian.

List all of them that you believe they are screwing which directly affected British people's life... if you can justify your vote without fear mongering, bigotry, supremacist view wrapped in nationalism n isolationism n leftist bitterness of story telling about justice to Greece ending neo-liberalism etc then fair enough.

We all know EU don't control your government neither do they control your day to day life so you will not be able to do that for sure.
I can list attest few most vital points which will screw a whole lot of people's life with a strict Euro exit you will be one of guy in first line to feel the pain, buddy.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 15:56
It screwed the steel industry for a start refusing subsidies and tariffs, in Greece it created 50 % youth unemployment. It has given subsidies to rich farmers keeping cheap food out from other countries outside Europe

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 16:36
Quote:
Padre Pio
It screwed the steel industry for a start refusing subsidies and tariffs, in Greece it created 50 % youth unemployment. It has given subsidies to rich farmers keeping cheap food out from other countries outside Europe

(Sm6)
Come on padre, again brought all those Greece stuff!! I know you can do far better than that n knowing the leftist you are surely cringing inside for giving the powers to the people who are shaking on their legs from the day one of the exit vote to even takeover the power.

We would love to see all their false promises n lies getting exposed. They used the ordinary people's shoulder to fire the gun they need to pay a heavy fu.cking price meanwhile watch the show how market melts down, GBP plummets n easy GDP growth days being over (these are all happening n not gobsh.it stories which people read n heard before voting, they didn't tell any of these to you, did they?)

Good luck for competing with third world on manufacturing (Sm100) by the way we like protection to farming they do that here in US too. Not in favor of food imports from anywhere.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 21:01
Reverse brinksmanship

#regrexit

Don't take it hard..mistake happens..just amend! (Sm100)

One thing make no mistake though the 100s of billions wiped out last couple of days are big boys $$, make no mistake they'll take back every cents from you n me get it handy!! (Sm124)

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 08:16

Goofle (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 11:44
Good stuff.

SandyB (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 13:40
Padre, your Guardian article is rubbish...I'm not going to go deeper to analyze why it's rubbish coz the article is too shallow n crappy that it doesn't need to be rebutted.

Few things want to point out a federal system doesn't mean an elected Finance Minister could raise money in Germany n spend in Greece. No one raise money in Texas n spend in Illinois. So stop putting silly reasons for BREXIT.

Brits were self appraised during the marriage at least be honest on divorce.
The reasons for BREXIT are as follows:
1) Some people thought too many people coming to the country so they didn't like n politicians told them we can't do anything it's all about EU which is blatant lie so these people voted leave.
2) Some other people thought there are huge income inequality in the system the capitalist system has failed to deliver n they are left behind well all these stuff are either correct or closely correct but EU isn't the reason for that but these folks were angry they voted leave.
3) A bunch of people are ultra nationalist, still couldn't go past shadows of bygon era nothing they like how the country is run today n they are angry easy to classify them far right, they thought its EU who put them in this place but it wasn't, they voted leave.
4) Then comes a bunch of people who believes in democracy, progressive liberalism anti autheraterian, believes in justice they thought EU was neither of all these they voted to leave... hello someone should tell them your mother, father or wife, husband isn't perfect either but that doesn't mean you leave them.
5) Then comes another bunch of people who are self righteous, always skeptic, shut others view extremely noisy, aggressive n waiting for opportunities to rock the boat.. the far left. Obviously they needed an opportunity to leave so they did the same.

All the above gave the account of 52%.
I don't know this is typically British thing or global but there were always calls from English media to leave FIFA coz FIFA they thought is corrupt! You don't have to leave just coz you don't like certain aspects of something. Look within you, you aren't perfect!

In my view it was a great responsibility unduly given to people n you had to know n weigh hell lotta stuff before calling it a quit.
Your action will be answerable to history now that you did it don't linger leave!

Not Guardian CNN will give you the picture here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2016 14:44 by SandyB.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 15:55
Sandy, your reply is rubbish...I'm not going to go deeper to analyze why it's rubbish coz the reply is too shallow n crappy that it doesn't need to be rebutted.

SandyB (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 17:00
Quote:
Padre Pio
Sandy, your reply is rubbish...I'm not going to go deeper to analyze why it's rubbish coz the reply is too shallow n crappy that it doesn't need to be rebutted.

ha ha..you can't coz you are answerable to your conscience, padre. On a side note how are you feeling that Nigel Farage highjacking your vote!! Worth voting? Feeling good? (Sm6)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2016 17:01 by SandyB.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 17:54
Padre is right to ignore you....

It's done now. No going back, all we can do is see what happens

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 18:22
I wouldn't know Sandy I voted with the 76% who don't vote UKIP and can't stand Cameron and Osborne

SandyB (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 19:35
Quote:
SuperRob
Padre is right to ignore you....
It's done now. No going back, all we can do is see what happens

I know your position Rob on this which is commendable but I disagree nothing can be done argument.

Everyday passes by n it gets more n more clear how the whole thing was presented to and treated by the voters as a 'partisan issue' which it was never never to start with.

This referendum should have been conducted by non-partition folks like chief justice of supreme court, bank of England chief etc who should have presented the facts n only the facts about Britain's current Euro position n clearly stated what's at stake for quitting or staying.
False promises n lies should have been challenged with clarity n debunked.

It's clear nothing of that sort of stuff was done while placing a complicated economic issue to an electorate as a partition issue while the PM might have played it as a referendum on him.

You live in democracy, I live in democracy we all know what's the only way left when every road is blocked. In democracy ballot box is powerful but streets are even more powerful than ballot box. So I believe the only way left is people going to streets with organized protests n when it's visible it's the young generation disagrees with this they should take the leading role from campus hitting the streets with a voice to rollback. No society could ignore the voice of young people they gotta bulge. This is tough route but this might trigger a real EU reform across the continent which actually people wanted.
Then probably the young generation of Brits will be respected in the continent.

That's my opinion.

Goofle (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 19:40
Nigel Farage might be the best politician that I know of.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 June, 2016 22:49
Yes a racist might think that

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2016 02:21

Tom this one for your trolling pleasure..looool

Goofle (IP Logged)
30 June, 2016 15:58
I am a Trump supporter so that made me laugh.

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 July, 2016 05:57

I know you'd like it another one for you! LoL

Goofle (IP Logged)
01 July, 2016 22:38
I don't take left wingers seriously mate.

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 July, 2016 01:55
Quote:
Goofle
I don't take left wingers seriously mate.
I know you prefer Aeron Ramsey on the right hugging the touch line but this guy is Neymar of US media hardly you can call him left winger who replaced legendary John Stwert.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
03 July, 2016 11:39
Referendums are a pointless exercise. Most people haven't got a clue about what they are voting for. One woman I met claimed there were 10 million immigrants in London, that's what her dad told her and before he convinced her of this she would have voted Remain. People made decisions based on lying politicians and journalists promoting false facts to boost their argument. Because of all the misinformation the vote should be declared null and void. And if you do want referendums to decide the country's future make sure the winners are at least 20% ahead of the losers.

In the end who will suffer most? Probably the poor. The rich are immune to virtually anything. Whatever way the vote went nothing much will change for the richest in society.

SandyB (IP Logged)
04 July, 2016 02:58
Can't agree anything more than what hippo said. Politicians as well as media are the most flip flopping n dishonest you can see how Cameron, Johnson n Farage all avoiding responsibility that goes to the labor leader too.

Goofle (IP Logged)
13 November, 2016 15:22
Quote:
Padre Pio
I havent a clue who Lauren Southern is, but those guys arent left, they are anarchists so stop trolling the left.

Looking back at this post in light of the recent Trump landslide. I'm seeing a lot of rioters and protesters called "anarchists" like you did. I assume you and understand what an anarchist actually is, and what they stand for, right? Wanting the reduction or complete eradication of government? Maybe they themselves are misunderstanding what anarchism actually means, but they come closer to communists.

Serious Anarchists would regard Brexit or Trump to be a success for their movements. But you can't call communists communists because that still have negative connotations in regards to left-wing politics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2016 15:26 by Goofle.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
13 November, 2016 17:05
Whatever you are burbling about Tom, and I do know difference between anarchists and communists, the people in that video were anarchists and not members of any communist, socialist or Labour party.So dont try and confuse the issue.

SandyB (IP Logged)
14 November, 2016 14:52
Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
Padre Pio
I havent a clue who Lauren Southern is, but those guys arent left, they are anarchists so stop trolling the left.

Looking back at this post in light of the recent Trump landslide. I'm seeing a lot of rioters and protesters called "anarchists" like you did. I assume you and understand what an anarchist actually is, and what they stand for, right? Wanting the reduction or complete eradication of government? Maybe they themselves are misunderstanding what anarchism actually means, but they come closer to communists.

Serious Anarchists would regard Brexit or Trump to be a success for their movements. But you can't call communists communists because that still have negative connotations in regards to left-wing politics.

Trump has no landslide kiddo... election is over n now delivery time starts. It's far more difficult to deliver the promises rather than the promises itself n get the fu.k out of left right stuff outta head.
*** BREXIT still didn't happen!! I'm still waiting!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 00:07
Still going ahead with this crazy shi.t! Seriously?

No deal
No leader

Shane (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 10:22
Quote:
SandyB
Thing about Brexit is, does it exist? I mean, it'll have a knock-on effect for the Czech Republic, but Angela Merkel, or the German Hitler as I call her, and her cohorts won't lose a wink of sleep over it I don't think. Spare a thought for Croatia as well, with president Snookic getting royalled f*cked by the patriarchy that somehow still exists in some Eastern European countries. In times like this you wonder what Savo Milosevic would think about Brexit. It goes back to the Balkan Wars, the same patriarchy that messrs Milosevic and Merkel got off on. They got their rocks off on the same ideals which ISIS are still peddling in Bulgaria to this very day. I think it was Tesla who said, 'Stop your propaganda and have a proper gander' and that's as true today as it ever was. Question is, what will Brexit mean for Zika? Sadly, only time will tell.

(Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net