Elephant
Sheep
Caterpillar
Rabbit
Crocodile

You must be logged in to vote.

8 Votes

Show results

Animals eh? They're everywhere. Every single one of us has something to do with animals in our day to day lives. For example, many of us have 'pets' which are a type of animal that lives in your house, that you look after. Some of us work with animals, for example some of you might be a zoo keeper, or a vet. And it might surprise you to know, that a lot of us EAT animals. Thats right, what a lot of people dont realise, is that the meat that you find in your local supermarket, used to be an ANIMAL, before it got killed and chopped up. Pork, for example, it used to be a pig. And beef, well, that used to be part of a COW.

Animals have been in a news a lot recently as well haven't they. Alligators, Gorillas, it seems barely a day goes by without one of our furry friends making the news headlines.

Many of you will have strong feelings about animals. Or you might just pretend to, for the purposes of complaining about this poll. Perhaps for example, you own a cat, and constantly post pictures of it onto Facebook, despite its obvious indifference to you, claiming that it is of surpassing intelligence. Some of us (ahem) enjoy a long standing love/hate relationship with horses, and their predilection for not running as fast as we thought they were going to, whilst racing against other horses. And some of you may own fishes, which are a type of animal that swims in the sea, river, or little bowls that you keep in your house (see 'pets', above).

But which is your favourite animal? Perhaps you like donkeys, because you live in quite a poor country and ride one to work. Alternatively you might be fond of ostrich, because you like eating those Ostrich steaks that you can get in ASDA. Or maybe you like monkeys, because you have several pet monkeys that live in your house, and that you have tea parties with, and so on. Either way, its an important question and one which I intend to resolve.

Just a note. As most of you will recognise, I am a very experienced poll creator on here. Firstly, I invented the idea of doing polls about things, and secondly, I am widely recognised as the best person at doing them. Other people try and do them but they aren't as successful. So when I started drawing up this poll I imagined that there might be 10 or 20 different animals. Maybe 30 at most. So I went onto the internet to confirm, and you might be very surprised to find out that there are probably about hundred different types of animal. In fact, by the time you include all the different categories and sub categories of animals, such as crabs and sea fishes and different colours of cat, you've got thousands. So I have had to only include the main ones in this poll. As usual (and please dont start any silly arguments about this), if you like a particular animal that isn't in my list, feel free to select 'other', then explain which animal you like, in the discussion thread.

lets get debating!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2016 21:13 by celine dion.

Re: Poll: Which is your favourite kind of animal
Ares (IP Logged)
20 June, 2016 01:00
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7b/fe/0b/7bfe0b049ecb49165eeb4e63f202ced4.jpg

Shane (IP Logged)
20 June, 2016 02:07
I always refuse to answer when someone asks me whether I prefer cats or dogs. I love both equally, because there was one of each in my family home - Daisy the shi-tzu and Charlie the loveable cat whose black nose and white face makes him look a little like Hitler when you stare at him for long enough. Both are still alive and I have a huge amount of affection for both.

Should one of them pass, I'd be utterly devastated. I'd be more devastated if Daisy died, but that isn't to say I prefer her to him - I don't - but she's a lot more innocent. It comes down to your perception of your pet. If Charlie died I'd see it as a marine's death, which is how I view him anyway, but I see her as a helpless child and that's why I'd be a bit more upset.

That isn't to say Charlie doesn't have an innocence about him as well, because he does. He used to bring home worms and dead mice in an effort to contribute to the household. If emojis were a thing back then, I'd have taken a picture of mice and used about 100 of those faces with the love hearts for eyeballs. It was all very cute. It reminded me of when my sister's boyfriend robbed a great big coffee mug from McDonalds and gave it to my mum, just to impress her, and Charlie wanted to do the same. None of us were overly impressed because when the smoke clears you've got a dead mouse to dispose of.

Overall cats fascinate me more than dogs. When this bloke walks into a room, he does so with the caution of me tying my shoelaces around Flava, like he hasn't trotted into the same room about a million times before. He's analytical like that. I imagine he sees things like a Terminator does, with a red screen full of stats and figures about people and objects in the room.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about him is his inability to knock things over. He could walk along a mantlepiece and he'd know when to step over things with his hind legs. There's a part in Entrapment when Catherine Zeta-Jones evades all sorts of booby-trapped lasers standing between her and a gem or something, and it's a little like that. Astonishing.

I'm also a huge fan of tigers and I adopted one a few years ago. Sometimes she sends me letters written by her, thanking me. "Hi Shane. You'll never guess what - I've only squeezed out a few cubs!" Of course, it's somebody pretending to be her - I'm no mug - but it's a very nice yearly gesture which reminds me that my €10 per month is well invested.

Excellent poll but I will not be contributing to the vote because, as I said, I'm not one for choosing sides.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
20 June, 2016 03:14
why is "Sheep" listed twice?

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Goofle (IP Logged)
20 June, 2016 11:33
Well spotted.

Close the thread.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 June, 2016 12:26
I cant vote as other option is not on there. Could you correct that then I can join in

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

plonky (IP Logged)
20 June, 2016 14:24
1) Beef
2) Pork
3) Chicken
4) Lamb

Ares (IP Logged)
20 June, 2016 16:23
Ha Ha Ha Ha XD

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
21 June, 2016 20:45
Why ain't Tigers an option? Is it because they're from Asia? Blatant racism...

PKGooner (IP Logged)
22 June, 2016 12:39
Tortoise is not an option....one of the most common reptiles.

And no "Other" option.

I get accused of being overly critical but the proof is in the pudding....it's another disaster of a poll.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
22 June, 2016 14:40
Reptiles are animals

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
22 June, 2016 14:56
Of course.

I meant that Tortoises are one of the most commonly found reptiles so should be on the list of even the most mediocre favourite animal poll.

Sadly, this is not the case here.

celine dion (IP Logged)
22 June, 2016 15:05
I'm going to do a rare thing here and admit an error. I'm big enough to do that, you see. I don't suppose any of you will be aware of the stress that goes into making a proper poll. Obviously other people have made polls but only very small, amateur ones. There are quite a few late nights involved and that's on top of holding down a full time job in construction. So yes, an error has been made, in that I included 'sheep' twice. Although one might argue that sheep are a very popular animal and possibly DESERVED two slots in the poll. But of course, through the sheer stress of making the poll, and having to fit in various visits to the Royal Zoological society and so on, in order to get my research 100% correct, I then made a second error and missed 'other' from the bottom of my poll. Now, you could also argue that this poll is so thorough that a vote for 'other' should not be necessary, but nevertheless, as a perfectionist, and also a very scrupulous person, I tried to go back in via the 'edit' function and amend the poll, and despite moderators access, the site does not allow this. So I now have to live with ignominy of a very slightly incorrect poll against my name. And as the nearest person to blame, I have to lay culpability for this with the main site moderator Mr PAdre Pio, and not myself.

Irrespective, it has been a very succesuful poll, with a substantial 5 votes, and might I suggest that instead of the usual petty sniping, some of you take a leaf out of Shane's book and write a nice story about cats and dogs. A story which, might I add, is so nicely written, that it is probably more deserving of a double page spread in 'pets monthly' than of the paltry numbers that will see it here. Why doesn't Pk runner tell us all about his tortoise. An animal so popular, in his view, that I feel sure he must own three or four. He won't, of course, because he won't have owned a tortoise, and even if he had, it would have had a short, miserable life, like his fish did.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/06/2016 15:08 by celine dion.

celine dion (IP Logged)
22 June, 2016 21:21
And at the risk of raising an argument from many years ago, PK Gunner, everybody knows that you callously murdered your pet fish. A fact I just hope you can live with to this day.

tigerline (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 12:03
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

I take that omission personally.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 15:32
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

I take that omission personally.

Tigers > Lions

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SuperRob (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 19:29
My favourite animal is the Leopard.

thank you.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 19:36
I own 2 tortoises, thank you very much.

I have for 4 years now. They are flourishing.

How is Gordon, by the way?

celine dion (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 20:51
I suppose its appropriate that people own pets that match their poll-making abilities.

Slow, uninteresting, and very limited, in your case.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2016 21:18
Hercules is a very smart tortoise.

Pegasus is the one who sh*ts in her water, I think she's more like you as your polls are a bit poopy.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 11:17
Dog for me but love all animals really,except Robbie Savage that is

DB10,the best.

Shane (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 21:46
Sorry but, like, who the f*ck calls a tortoise 'Pegasus'. It's not to late to rename it Leonardo or Shelly or something mate.

celine dion (IP Logged)
25 June, 2016 22:08
Quote:
Shane
Sorry but, like, who the f*ck calls a tortoise 'Pegasus'. It's not to late to rename it Leonardo or Shelly or something mate.

No, it is, because these tortoises dont even exist. They have been created to undermine me.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 12:14
Quote:
celine dion
Quote:
Shane

No, it is, because these tortoises dont even exist. They have been created to undermine me.

Hercules and Pegasus are continuing to thrive.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 12:24
I voted spider, its the only "animal" I see in my flat these days

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net