football
Latest News:

Breaking Bad
flynchstone (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 17:41
Half way through season 4 and I think it's incredible, planning to start Sopranos and maybe the Wire if I'm that stuck for something to do over the summer. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are immense. Anna Gunn's pretty good too but Giancarlo Esposito is just the coolest moth****cker alive, sinister as f,uck.

Re: Breaking Bad
Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 18:22
Please no spoilers. I am around Season 4, but I have started watching it again with my Dad so I am back at Season 2.

Second greatest show other than The Wire.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 18:43
Don't worry I won't. I gave up on American drama because of CSI but Walter White shi,ts on Horatio. It's brilliant because 999 times out of 1000 you would want a meth manufacturer to be arrested in a drama but you don't in BB because you know his reasons yet the further along you go the harder it is to defend him. What did you think of the 'fly' episode?

Flava (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 19:41
Epic TV flynch. A truly great series.

The Wire is awesome...nearly as good as The Shield.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 20:02
Started watching a bit of the first season, couldn't get into it (Sm159)

Though I was pleased I followed Flava's recommendation of watching the Shield a year ago - brilliant

flynchstone (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 22:37
He's a viable source so, try it again, telly doesn't get any better. Not that I've seen anyway.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 15:25
The fried chicken man is scary

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

flynchstone (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 17:48
Yeah, Giancarlo Esposito, as sinister a bad guy as I've seen. Brilliant actor.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 23:16
F,uck me just finished the last episode of the 4th season, 5th starts in July.

Stay tuned lads.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 06:41
Me too cant wait.
One of the best things ever on TV

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
04 June, 2012 22:00
5th season advert, potential spoilers

[www.imdb.com]

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
13 June, 2012 13:10
all great shows, though the wire is the best of them all

game of thrones is brilliant

i have never seen the sheild

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
19 August, 2012 13:07
I originally watched the first two episode of Breaking Bad as soon as they aired in america way bak in 2008 and I really liked it but for some that I can't remember now I stopped watching it and ever since I have hearing how great this show is.

So I finally watched wathing it again like 12 days ago and just now I have finished watching all the episodes of Breaking Bad that have been aired so far, i.e. I have seen up to season 5 episode 5 and I have to say that Breaking Bad is FANTASTIC!

Breaking Bad is the best TV show I have ever seen along with The Wire (I haven't seen The Sapranos yet). I recommend everyone try to watch it.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/zsprti.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/08/2012 09:59 by Optimistic Gunner.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 August, 2012 12:33
Spot on OG, cant wait for season 6

Flava (IP Logged)
20 August, 2012 14:39
I have the first 6 downloaded. I won't start watching yet as I can't watch one a week. I need to watch em ALL

flynchstone (IP Logged)
20 August, 2012 22:47
I was the same Flava, til I couldn't take it any more. I've no will power.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
21 August, 2012 18:02
first six of season 6?

flynchstone (IP Logged)
21 August, 2012 21:49
Season 5

22 August, 2012 03:17
Quote:
Padre Pio
Spot on OG, cant wait for season 6

You mean Season 5: part 2?

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
23 August, 2012 10:51
Yes season 5

03 September, 2012 06:04
Anyone here see the last episode of this year, i.e. season 5 episode 8?

I can't belive we have to wait nearly whole year for the last episodes of this absolutely brilliant show.

Lets hope the world doesn't actually end this year, lol.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 September, 2012 22:40
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Anyone here see the last episode of this year, i.e. season 5 episode 8?
I can't belive we have to wait nearly whole year for the last episodes of this absolutely brilliant show.

Lets hope the world doesn't actually end this year, lol.

That would be a real pi$$er if it did

flynchstone (IP Logged)
05 September, 2012 01:37
Yeah saw it there earlier, mixed feelings about the ending. Think they could have done it more dramatically but at the same time, it did give me goosebumps. I thought the first half of season 5 was just a bit disappointing tbh. If they'd really wanted to, I think the show could have ended with season 4 and with the way that season ended, it didn't leave much left to say and season 5 part 1 was very slow paced as a result. Hopefully part 2 will give the programme the ending it deserves.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
05 September, 2012 20:31
@#$%& that is a pi$$er, just took delivery of first 8 episodes, saving it for weekend, and now you tell me this.
But 8 is only halfway through, its not an ending of any sorts?

05 September, 2012 20:34
Quote:
Padre Pio
That would be a real pi$$er if it did

haha yeah

Quote:
flynchstone
Yeah saw it there earlier, mixed feelings about the ending. Think they could have done it more dramatically but at the same time, it did give me goosebumps.

It wouldn't really fit BB style if it was more dramatic. It was always gonna be a small detail that did it.

Quote:
flynchstone
I thought the first half of season 5 was just a bit disappointing tbh. If they'd really wanted to, I think the show could have ended with season 4 and with the way that season ended, it didn't leave much left to say and season 5 part 1 was very slow paced as a result. Hopefully part 2 will give the programme the ending it deserves.

TBH BB has always had a slow buildup in each season, so you can't really judge a season on only the first half. The problem is AMC splitting the last season in two parts with nearly a year gap inbtween. I have faith that BB is gonna end well (as a show, don't if its gonna end well for the characters though lol) and that we viewers won't be dissapointed.

05 September, 2012 20:42
Quote:
Padre Pio
@#$%& that is a pi$$er, just took delivery of first 8 episodes, saving it for weekend, and now you tell me this.
But 8 is only halfway through, its not an ending of any sorts?

Yeah 8 episodes was only halfway through season 5, the last season and it was only a midseason finale not a series finale. (though they could've ended it with how the last episode went expect for ..[spoiler]... and it would've been a decent ending in a way, lol)

There still 8 more episodes left, airing sometime in 2013. Most likely summer 2013. Can't wait.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
06 September, 2012 01:01
OG I don't know if I agree if BB usually has a slow build up or at least, it always managed to maintain a certain level of tension which I think largely dissipated in season 5 so far, that's what I'm saying.

06 September, 2012 01:32
Quote:
flynchstone
OG I don't know if I agree if BB usually has a slow build up or at least, it always managed to maintain a certain level of tension which I think largely dissipated in season 5 so far, that's what I'm saying.

Well it is the last season so think of season 5 pt.1 as the calm before the storm, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2012 01:33 by Optimistic Gunner.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
06 September, 2012 01:45
That's what I'm hoping for haha

06 September, 2012 01:48
Quote:
flynchstone
That's what I'm hoping for haha

lol, well the thing that he bought in the flashfoward opening of the first episode of season 5 showed that a storm was coming

flynchstone (IP Logged)
06 September, 2012 20:34
Yeah I remember, he was 52 and had hair and a frown, purchasing a gun. Very promising.

07 September, 2012 03:25
Quote:
flynchstone
Yeah I remember, he was 52 and had hair and a frown, purchasing a gun. Very promising.

not just any old gun but a military spec machine gun (M60) with a lot of ammo

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
13 September, 2012 22:13
Just watched 5 episodes of last season of BB.
Not good? Someone is winding me up, it is edge of seat stuff, plus the tensions between the main characters is so real.

This is classic

flynchstone (IP Logged)
13 September, 2012 23:05
No more so than any other season Padre IMO, I agree though, the characters are incredibly realistic. Expecting big things from season5 part 2.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
14 September, 2012 23:26
just watched last episode, what a cliff hanger, and you never know if you can believe him.
Fantastic stuff cant wait for last 8 episodes but will be gutted when its all over

20 September, 2012 01:29
Quote:
Padre Pio
Fantastic stuff cant wait for last 8 episodes but will be gutted when its all over

same here

jar5 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2012 20:17
Best TV show ever. Season 5 started reallllly slow.... maybe that was because season 4 was pretty damn hard to top. goddamn son. Walter is bad ass.

game of thrones is quite good too.

Flava (IP Logged)
09 October, 2012 22:00
Holy sh.it, couldn't wait any longer. Magic TV.

What a cliffhanger. Hank and Walter due to face off in the finale.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net