football
Latest News:

favourite Chinese
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 19:21
As I am dropping off at Hong Kong during summer what is your favourite chinese meal. I am told that chinese food in HK is very different

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Re: favourite Chinese
Zainy (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 19:31
Im also off to Hong Kong soon. Not the biggest fan of chinese but ill eat it. Also heard that 'chinese' food in china is very different but id have imagined that hong kong would be slightly more westernised than the rest of china.

be sure to check out Tim Ho Wan - cheapest Michelin star restaurant in the world i think!

When are you heading over?

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 19:52
Mid August

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 19:54
I am told it is more gristly type food in HK. But Malay, Italian and Portugese food quite common

Zainy (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 20:56
I'm heading off second week of may and then to Philippines. So I'll give a report card on my time there and any must eat places we encounter.
To be honest I'm not 100% sure what to expect, but I reckon it's a tourist Mecca so there Gould be something for everyone.

17 April, 2012 21:28
I went to Hong Kong about 20 years ago after touring China. At the time there was a lot more choice in HK and the quality was better than mainland China. I wouldn't say the food was much different from what you get in a decent restaurant in the UK.

Will you both be coming back in new, hand made,suits?

Zainy (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 21:50
Is that a thing in hong kong?
If it is at a reasonable price compared to back here then might look into it.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 22:27
Never wear them apart from weddings and funerals. I have a black one that does for both. But yes HK is the place for cheap well made to measure suits.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 05:45
r u accompanying arsene wenger (Sm159)

chinese in china will be different from wat we get in our respective countries.... every country adds its own flavours in the chinese food and the best part is it blends well with all flavours.... i can eat chinese day in day out without any inhibitions

BFGunner (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 14:49
Hong kong was wonderful but didn't get much time to explore. Philippines was very dirty and smelly. Had a couple friends get robbed. The children there gather in a mass around you patting your legs in a distraction while one actually lifts your wallet.

weedz (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 21:29
I`ve only been to HK once before, in the late 80s. I enjoyed it more than most other Asian ports of call I`ve visited. You`re right about Manilla/Philipines, Yankee. HK, Singers` are `nicer places to visit. Check out the market-place food stalls. They`re great and legendary.

It would be interesting to see if much has changed since the handing over of HK to China, in 2000.

Arsenal are going to win a BIG trophy this season.
Mrs Weedz told me

Zainy (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 07:25
At airport in hong kong having spent the last 5 days here. Unfortunately my gf suffers from
Migraines and we both had quite bad jet lag so we didn't want to tempt things with a change of diet. We stuck to familiars for a few days but there's loads of local stuff and almost as much familiar food (even a marks and spencers food). The local food is Cantonese which is less greasy than mainland Chinese food. There's good food in the markets and local delicacies that we weren't brave enough to try this time round.
Btw hong Kim people are def amongst the friendliest and most helpful people I've met. As soon as we pulled out a map 3 people in the space of a minute came up to us to offer help. And they weren't expecting anything in return.
The train/subway system is fantastic too.
You'll have a blast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net