football
Latest News:

petrol
scooterboy (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 17:15
Please correct me if iam wrong but under the 1992 Trade Union and Labour Relations Act, trade unions must give seven days' notice before taking industrial action.
In that case we are at least 7 days away from a strike, so why the hell is everyone panicking so much i have to queue for 15 minutes to get into a petrol garage today? This panic buying just creates a problem and anyone who is filling their tank now will probably need to again before any strike takes affect anyway!
Or am i missing something?(Sm26)

Re: petrol
hippogunner (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 20:37
Because people are idiots. It doesn't help when the government fuel the insanity with stupid statements.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 21:53
The idiots are Cameron and maude.
Cameron told people to top up when they get a chance. Maude told people to top with jerrycans of petrol.
meanwhile Cameron is lying about eating Pasties.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

younghansolo (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 08:34
Well annoyed. I actually need petrol today and everywhere is sold out!

My uncle lives in Dubai and said today petrol is 14p per litre. madness

celine dion (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 09:19
its hardly crime of the century is it, the government telling people to get some petrol in because there might be a strike. Camerons being treated like some kind of axe murderer because of this. And his throwaway and completely irrelevant musing about having eaten a pasty at leeds station was just a pleasing sign that this government is a lot less choreographed and spin orientated than the other lot - what I found most ridiculous about the whole episode was milliband giving a press interview outside a branch of Greggs. as if showing solidarity with some sleazy bakery chain makes him a hero of the working classes.

scooterboy (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 09:38
Whilst not the crime of the century ,it is quite handy that he has got people rushing to the pumps to buy something which the government will rake in 60 percent of the purchase price of isnt it? Also advising people to stock up when we are at least a week away from a strike has massively contributed to the panic.
As for Milliband's pathetic attempt to pretend he is just a normal pasty loving kind of guy....well that was just embarrassing.

celine dion (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 11:21
yes, quite handy, but hardly the work of a machiavellian mastermind. There will be a big slump in demand in a few weeks where the government wont make any tax on petrol because nobody will have any money left and have plenty of it in their petrol tanks/sheds/kitchens.

And what if they hadnt said anything then the strike had started and everybody got caught short? they'd have got slaughtered then. Its a storm in a tea cup. Non News, in my view.

I dont mind Cameron. Im not a tory, and have never voted in my life. But I dont mind Cameron. A lot less stage managed and genuine than anyone we have had in the last 20 years. He may be posh, and on the side of large businesses, but so are the labour party, in actual fact. People dont seem to be able to work that one out.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 12:34
I'm more @#$%& at the idiots buying petrol they don't need while i'm dry as @#$%&. To some free will doesn't exist they just get herded along.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 15:24
Put the blame where it lies, with Cameron and Maude, they instructed people to hoard. Most people expect the govt to talk sense

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

scooterboy (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 15:33
If Cameron amd maude had said nothing then people would still of had 7 days notice before any strike to take any action they needed to.There was no need to say anything at the present time and the fact that there will now be no strike before easter proves that.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 19:07
Apparently there is no chance of a strike before 23rd April. This is Cameron's way of bouncing the unions, it backfired

30 March, 2012 19:50
Camerons a prune

weedz (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 21:55
Petrol is NZ$ 2.15/ litre at present over here.
Thank goodness than my better half is a food rep and gets a free car and petrol. It certainly helps. I`m allowed, by her company, to use her car, evenings, weekends, as well. So my car stays at home quite often.

Arsenal are going to win a BIG trophy this season.
Mrs Weedz told me

05 April, 2012 22:41
I have a 1994 reg car and the cost of filling the tank is now greater than the value of the car. B#st#rds!!

Eboractos (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 01:11
Quote:
scooterboy
Whilst not the crime of the century ,it is quite handy that he has got people rushing to the pumps to buy something which the government will rake in 60 percent of the purchase price of isnt it?

Are you suggesting that in the long run people will use more petrol as a result of stocking up?

scooterboy (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 07:33
Quote:
Eboractos
Quote:
scooterboy
Whilst not the crime of the century ,it is quite handy that he has got people rushing to the pumps to buy something which the government will rake in 60 percent of the purchase price of isnt it?

Are you suggesting that in the long run people will use more petrol as a result of stocking up?

Yes i think there is a very good chance some people will go on extra journeys knowingthey have an abundance of fuel in their tanks/garages and therefore use petrol they would not of normally done.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 08:16
That's actually true thinking about it

Zainy (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 10:02
Conversely, others will be quite conservative with their petrol - more so than usual - in anticipation that they may run out whilst the strike is on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net