football
Latest News:

Favourite places you've visited?
gunnersingh (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 02:05
One of mine has to be Jim Corbett's national park in India. Watching wildlife on the foothills of the himalayas is a unbelievable experience. Seeing tigers, leopard's, snakes, and many more animals, while your on a elephant is spine tingling.

[www.youtube.com]

What are some of the best places you guys have been to?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2012 02:15 by gunnersingh.

Re: Favourite places you've visited?
hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 08:17
The moon.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 09:54
New Zealand.

Driving around both islands, seeing some of the most spectacular scenery and fascinating wildlife was utterly amazing. Going to the tip of the North Island and gazing into the vast expanse of sea and sky on a beautiful sunny day was a moment I'll never forget.

Visiting Wellington where my dad was born nearly ninety years ago.

And it was my honeymoon.

Fabulous food as well.

Other great travelling experience was driving all the way to Sofia in Bulgaria back in 2009.

Zainy (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:38
Have to say going back to south Africa is amazing for me. There is just so much there to see. Quite literally something for everyone.
But that shouldn't count as im clearly biased.

My favourite holiday so far was spent in the Greek islands. We went from Corfu to Naxos to santorini to Syros and back. Each beautiful in a different way. Not a cloud in sight for 2 weeks.

celine dion (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:52
Munich

Obvious reasons.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:17
I've not been too many places that exotic but I'd have to say Segovia, Spain is definitely up there.

I used to live in So Cal as well which was really nice, though you don't appreciate it when you wake up to it every morning.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:34
Zainy I would love to go to Namibia. One thing I want to see is lions in the wild.

Seeing the Taj Mahal and the Golden Temple in India was also unbelievable.

nis (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 16:53
ive only been to paris , which is just like london but the people are more moody, the girls are more pretty, the men are more uglier, and in the summer it smells like some sort off rotting substance, lol the whole city i went to on that day smelt like it plus disneyland

(hard work will beat talent if talent dont work hard)

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 17:06
kalahari desert, Kruger Park, Trinidad, Picos de Europa, lake District, Gambia, Snowdonia, Magnetic island, Cyprus amongst many.

Loved all of them for walking,food, drink, wildlife etc

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

nis (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 17:12
any body been portugal?

tell me about the food . nightlife, girls , weather and whatever else

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 17:15
i hv been to quite a few places in India, neva been out yet..... my fave has been the back waters of Kerala, nicknamed God's Own Country.... planning for Ladakh this year... hopefully shld be able to do it

PKGooner (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 18:43
Paris and Dubai (brilliant)

Enjoyed the Lake District - especially the times I was on a school trip.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 08:15
I've been to Portugal. Drove from the south to the north.

Lisbon is a great busy brash city that is more South American than European. Fascinating place.

Porto is great too.

Portuguese women, great if you like your girls dark which I do.

Terrible drivers though. Only the Russians are worse.

nis (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 13:45
Quote:
hippogunner
I've been to Portugal. Drove from the south to the north.
Lisbon is a great busy brash city that is more South American than European. Fascinating place.

Porto is great too.

Portuguese women, great if you like your girls dark which I do.Terrible drivers though. Only the Russians are worse.

lol i work with 2 portuguese women i love their shape as well

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 14:27
Quote:
Indiangooner
i hv been to quite a few places in India[email][/email], neva been out yet..... my fave has been the back waters of Kerala, nicknamed God's Own Country.... planning for Ladakh this year... hopefully shld be able to do it

I've been to Ladakh. I went to a town called Dras. It's the 2nd coldest inhabited place on earth. I won't go back there in a hurry.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 17:33
Ladakh has 9 months of winter n 3 months of summer, best times to visit is June to Sept...after Oct due to snow the roads r closed

best is to go on a road trip from Delhi, which most bikers do.... especially Royal Enfield owner groups

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 17:45
Indiangooner watch out for the altitude sickness mate. It's better to travel there by plane. Going by road was the one of the scariest experience's I've had- you know what Indian drivers are like.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 18:13
aye aye it takes a day to get acclimatised with the altitudes thr..

Indian drivers aint that bad mate .... Hamilton wldnt survive on those roads ... they do

eduardo (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 19:07
valkenberg, Holland.

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

21 February, 2012 22:06
Quote:
Mad Jens
I've not been too many places that exotic but I'd have to say Segovia, Spain is definitely up there.
I used to live in So Cal as well which was really nice, though you don't appreciate it when you wake up to it every morning.

I've not been there but I've heard that Segovia has got stunning architecture. Definitely on my shortlist of places to go one day.

Seville and Granada are two interesting cities but India has got to be the my favourite place I've visited by a distance. Went there about 25 years ago and it was the first time I'd been outside Europe. Travelled around by train and I've never experienced so many different feelings in such a short period. Hideous poverty and incredible wealth right next to each other and probably the worlds most frustrating bureaucracies.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 22:33
Jon, what parts of India did you visit?

21 February, 2012 23:18
GS

I flew into Delhi and then over about 3 weeks travelled by train to Bombay. Stopped over for a few days at Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Ahmedabad I’m not one for the set piece tourist sites but you’re spot on about the Taj. I’m more of a people watcher (not in a weird way) so India was the perfect place to visit. Everywhere you went something new and unusual to see. I particularly remember a wedding procession in the suburbs of Delhi. The groom was sitting on a white horse and the guests were dancing along behind. A number of the guests had rudimentary lighting systems on their heads with someone behind each one of them carrying a portable generator. Great memories are flooding back as I write this.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 00:05
Jon, the last time I went India the amount of weddings I saw was ridiculous. I was on a rickshaw in Delhi, and in the space of about 15 minutes I must have gone past about 8 weddings.

That's the thing about India, always expect the unexpected. In India you can never get bored. There's, History, Religion, deserts, beaches, Wildlife, himalayas, you name it India's got it.

You're right about the poverty it is very upsetting. The first time I went India I was moaning because this hotel didn't have a certain channel which ment I couldn't watch Arsenal. This old guy come up to me and taught me a lesson I'll never forget. He told me an Indian proverb- I had no shoes and complained, until I meet a man who had no feet.

weedz (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 08:28
Highbury (Sm152)

Mertz for Club Captain

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 14:15
Haha, weedz wins.

eduardo (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 19:47
but weedz how can you claim to only visit your home

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 20:56
(Sm22)

weedz (IP Logged)
09 March, 2012 19:26
I`m the stay at home type, Ed. I wish.
At least I got to go there. There will be plenty of Gooners who will not be able to make that claim

Mertz for Club Captain

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 18:57
Just got back from the Florida Keys and I have to say, best 5 days of my life.

I didn't absorb any cultures, see any castles, taste any new cuisine... but damn. Nothing like chillin on a boat, drinking beers and doing some snorkeling before showering up and hitting the bars that night.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 01:10
Morocco is probably the best place I have visited.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/10428_147884114993_635304993_3474312_2346053_n.jpg

MAJOR sun burn on ma heeeed.

"I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids"

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 02:36
Don't look so bad - of course I judge a good tan by how much I'm peeling.

If you go back to Morocco would you mind dropping off a package for me? It's about 6ft2, couldn't get it through customs last time because the spikes on one end were considered weapons. Didn't pay anything for it so I'd rather not have to lay out for shipping but at this point I wouldn't mind...

nis (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 12:41
tom u got the dimples aswell lol u are a blessed guy use and abuse them

22 March, 2012 12:55
Goofle

Your baseball cap is on the wrong way round. Rotate by 180 degrees and you wont get sun burn on your bonce.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 14:32
It's not a baseball cap, it's my sister's cap. My head at this point was red raw.

"I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids"

hippogunner (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 08:08
Wearing it that way protects your neck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net