football
Latest News:

the sopranos:
PKGooner (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 01:44
just about to start watching it, considering all the hype it gets

anyone seen it? or has everyone seen it and ive missed out?

Re: the sopranos:
Shane (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 02:21
You dunno how lucky you are.

Enjoy.

Flava (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 09:17
That's weird. Are you spying on me again PK? I started it on Wednesday. 2 episodes in and a steady start.

celine dion (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 10:02
Im on series 5. It grows on you. Its truly epic. Its not what you think its going to be though. Some people expect a sort of 80 hour 'Goodfellas'. But its more of a family drama, a soap opera. With a heavy grounding in the psychological. Im in two minds as to whether its better than 'the wire' or not.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 14:42
Its very good (love the theme tune) but not quite as good as Wire.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

celine dion (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 15:43
the interesting thing about the Sopranos, is that there are very very few morally decent people in it.

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 17:48
think sopranos edges the wire it with the acting...feels like you are watching an oscar worthy performance every episode from every character in the show

sammynelson (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 17:54
watched all seasons 3 or 4 times now best thing on TV ever IMO

also the wire another HBO smasher

celine dion (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 18:18
also, Ares, the sopranos episodes stand alone, almost like mini films. Whereas the wire is very much just a serial. Theres more art in the sopranos.

I must admit I am finding it hard to say which is better, but im edging towards the sopranos.

Flava (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 18:22
I'd be amazed if I think the sopranos is better than The Wire.

What do you mean by art, Matthew? Do you mean p0rn? Is there a lot of p0rn in it? Is there, is there, is there?

celine dion (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 18:34
your'e only on series 2 Flava. Give it till series 4/5. The Sopranos becomes a fantastic character study, especially Tony and his wife, and also people like Adrianna. Even the kids.

And no, there isnt any p*rn in it, although Meadow does develop into lovely young woman.

weedz (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 01:23
It`s a phuck`n soap with ugly, horrible characters. It grows on you like a wart.

Arsenal are going to win a BIG trophy this season.
Mrs Weedz told me

nis (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 00:36
ive had the wire box set since 08
but havent got round to watchin past series 1 yet

the sopranoes ive had since 2010 and im just about to start on s 4, imo best show ever the dialog is so spot on and the characters, are consistant always

lol i find myself hopin tony chris or an enemy will just kill mad man pauly so much,

when someones getting out of line with tony im thinking " woah do you know who ure dealing with" due to his temper

tonys mom makes me shudder,

i know several aj junior type kids,

id be scared to mix with meadow as she actually seems the type that would get you killed(probally by accident) , with her moody ways

who doesnt know someone like jackie jr aprille? thinks hes someone because of who his family are

2 episodes in s 3 that are just brilliant

1 the episode where a simple collection of money by chris and paulie goes awry, due to hot head pauly,
again the dialogue in between paulie and the russian in the house,
and that wtf moment during the chase in the woods, (will not spoil) it but any who have seen it know what i mean,

2 and the second is not an episode just a scene, the scene with patsy and gloria in the mercedes test drive, ive watched this so many times since i 1st saw it last week

again lol the dialogue, the way patsy just looks like a normal old man, the little looks he gives her, the looks(rolling eyes) she gives him and the casual calm not scared way she starts with her rolling eye sigh "look if im not back in 10 mins" really fits in with her supposed calm confident and competent woman image she gives off at work

thats what i mean about consistant characters, obviously shes done the job a long time and has met a few oddjobs

lol i could talk about this show all day tbh

(hard work will beat talent if talent dont work hard)

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 03:42
remember that opening scene in season 2 with frank sinatra's when i was seventeen being played in the background

one of the best intros to a season...cant top that

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:49
i watched a few episodes of sopranos when it was on tv years back, never really got into it but i loved the wire

i might have to give the sopranos another go

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

PKGooner (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:30
Still not seen past the first 15 minutes........

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 10:24
Funny thing is I found Sopranos more depressing than Wire. Maybe because the wire is about a necessary struggle for survival, the characters dont have a lot of choice, but the Sopranos you keep thinking why do they have to do this? I might not be putting this well but I feel the violence makes more sense in the Wire than in the Soprano's

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

celine dion (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 11:38
there arent any nice people in the Sopranos. Except possibly Meadow once she goes to Universtity. Its a study of greed and disfunction.

nis (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 16:57
lol woke up this morninnggg

Rockstaar (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 14:58
apples and oranges really comparing it to the wire. Both are equally quality shows...not sure one is better than the other, just different

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5066/verminator2.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

PKGooner (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 23:06
Seen the first 3 eps now, starting to get into it a bit

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 23:28
Just read an article today saying Gandalfini (sp?) was just as surprised by the ending as most. Said he was a bit @#$%& at first but that after a while you grow to understand it - or at least why it was done that way.

Link

edit: Is "pi.ssed" that bad a word in the UK? I use it here and it's like nothing. It gets censored and I look like I'm spouting off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2012 23:54 by Mad Jens.

nis (IP Logged)
04 March, 2012 20:28
i need a meadow look alike in my life sigh

with a better body tho

PKGooner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 23:04
Just finished S1 - very good

No spoilers in my post -

how annoying is Tony's mother?!

PKGooner (IP Logged)
16 March, 2012 19:08
Finished Season 2 (Sm128)

PKGooner (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 01:41
Seen it all.

Brilliant.

celine dion (IP Logged)
27 September, 2012 21:10
just finished watching series 6. it P*SSES on the Wire in my view.

Flava (IP Logged)
27 September, 2012 21:45
That's why 73% of Arsenal Times readers think you're a c.unt, Matthew.

Shane (IP Logged)
27 September, 2012 22:11
Oddly enough I ordered the whole thing last week and arrived on Monday. I had all the other series seperately but loaned them out to someone who no longer lives in this country.

It's a rare thing when a series gets progressively stronger as opposed to weaker as the whole thing develops. The Wire has a few 'ehhh' series for me, namely two and five. Don't talk to me about Lost, the wheels well and truly came off that heap of sh*t. Sopranos tho is the model of consistency.

It's so great.

Got a great deal aswell, £48 on HMV online compared to €92 in a HMV shop over here.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
28 September, 2012 10:02
Quote:
Flava
That's why 73% of Arsenal Times readers think you're a c.unt, Matthew.

Which specific survey are you basing that on?

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

nis (IP Logged)
28 September, 2012 11:41
Quote:
celine dion
just finished watching series 6. it P*SSES on the Wire in my view.

i ordered the box set 2 years ago and am now up to series 4
i love it but ive been addicted to the wire lately after putting it off for years(came across series 3 on sky atlantic on friday nights)

they are my two top shows but the wire edges it for me

celine dion (IP Logged)
28 September, 2012 11:43
series 5 and 6 of the Sopranos carries it past the wire, as they are metaphysical works of genius. Whereas the wire spoils itself a bit with series 5 and the serial killer stuff.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
28 September, 2012 14:32
Breaking Bad > Both

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net