football
Latest News:

How's diet going boys?
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 08:30
I have now lost 9 lbs, target in to to lose at least a stone, if not more, for health reasons.

My secret? No chocs, cake, biscuits, or chips.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Re: How's diet going boys?
hippogunner (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 08:33
I lost about 8lbs last summer just by running for half an hour every morning.

Didn't have to cut out the chocolate completely.

Losing weight is really simple as long as you have willpower.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 08:58
Cant run at moment due to pro lapsed disc which is why I am dieting.
Exercising Will power actually becomes enjoyable, it feels like an achievement that I am enjoying. I dont miss most chocolate as it is mainly rubbish

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 09:31
Most English chocolate is rubbish.Some Swiss is good.

You do get some excellent independent chocolate makers like William Curley which has a shop in Richmond. Not cheap but then you have to pay for quality. They make chocolates infused with flavours like green tea and salted caramel.

Sorry I shouldn't be tempting you.

BTW the wife had a slipped disc which required an operation as she was virtually immobile. Hope yours isn't half as painful.

Shane (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 12:28
Well done lads.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 16:32
I've lost a stone since the start of the year. Dieting, jogging, and martial arts.

I still eat some junk food once a week, but I eat it the day I go jogging.

eduardo (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 19:52
I have lost two and a half stone since Nov 1st, and a total of four and a half stone in last year.

I have replaced biscuits and crisps with fruit.
Also doing alot of walking, can do up to six hours a day, I done five hours walking today.

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 February, 2012 10:46
Thats amazing Eddy, you will be my role model, not sure I can walk that much, but will have to try soon.
Any other tips on what not to eat?

By the way 0% Total yoghurt is a good filla, any holes in walls etc nice and firm. You can also eat it with banana and helps keep hunger pangs away.

I am awaiting nerve block injection - if I can get lumber nerves blocked then might be able to start walking more

eduardo (IP Logged)
10 February, 2012 19:51
only big tip I can give you is to not go hungry, most diets that fail is due to people trying to go without, swap foods in your diet, i.e. fruit in place of biscuits, veg in place of crisps

I do alot of walking as I'm unable to do any impact exercise such as jogging, knees just can't take it. Swimming is said to be very good exercise

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 00:11
Even swimming puts pressure on my back and causes cramp.
Went swimmimg in Danube a few years back and had to get out quickly due to cramp

eduardo (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 00:14
exercise bike might be the way to go padre, use easiest settings and don't start with too long a session, build up over time

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 00:37
Padre have you ever considered Tai Chi or Yoga? There are certain exercises and postures that won't put pressure on your back. I know some people who have had back problems who have practised Tai Chi and Yoga and they have said it really helps.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 14:40
I do Pilates and it does help a lot, but have to be very careful

eduardo (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 00:17
do any of you take soya milk, is there any diet benefits to it

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 01:23
I use Rice Milk. soya milk has its own problems.
The benefit is avoiding lactose, also if you suffer sinus avoiding milk and fat is supposed to help.

According to some scientists Soya milk is often contaiminated by Aluminium or hormones in production process.

eduardo (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 01:32
what advantages has rice milk, what does it taste like

weedz (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 01:40
Damn Ed! 4 & 1/2 stone in a year!!! Well done(Sm152)

I`m a bit over-weight, but as a 55yr old chef it`s not surprising. I don`t eat during my working hours. I don`t usually even take a break. I will work 8 to 10 hrs straight, so I fill up before and after. The before is not the problem, the after usually is. And I constantly taste during my service time. I walk my dogs, but I don`t do it often enough. The dogs get a daily walk, but Weedz doesn`t.

Mertz for Club Captain

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 10:20
Rice milk tastes ok to me, I use it for porridge and cereal, and even making hot chocolate. I have never tried it in tea or coffee.
Its main advantage is that it isnt Dairy Milk, you can get it with calcium added.

However it is not a slimming aid, so dont drink too much, why not try it?

Zainy (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 12:51
There is nothing inherently wrong with cows milk. Unless you live in a country where its legal to give the cows steroids and growth hormone etc (its illegal in uk and ireland)
Some people have an 'intolerance' to lactose but then again some people have an allergy to nuts which is not bad for you.
Cows milk has a higher fat content to human milk because little baby calves have to grow quicker and stronger than human babies because they would be more vulnerable to predators.
Milk substitutes are a good way of avoiding the extra fat content but organic skim milk or if you really want the taste organic low fat milk shouldnt be written off in a diet.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
12 February, 2012 15:48
Agreed Cows milk is fine, but if you have reflux, sinus, or lactose intolerance then it may be best to avoid it.
I avoid it because of the first two.

I took to soya milk when I discovered it wasnt safe I switched to Rice Milk.

weedz (IP Logged)
14 February, 2012 03:33
I understand the reflux, Padre, but how does dairy effect your sinus, mate? Do you snort milk?

Mertz for Club Captain

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 00:47
wow i have to start coming on here more often

ive been doing a lot of cardio wqrk in the mornings, road work for half and hour and then gym in the evenings 6 days a week. im trying to get more defination. cut out junk and started drinking water,

the first week i lost half a stone whent down from 13.5 to 13 4 weeks in however im uo to 14 stone, i have never been 14 stone in my life

physique is looking good i would just rather be lighter

might be the casein shakes i take before bed

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 09:58
milk is supposed to put fat into system that coats sinuses etc. Dont knowe if its true or not, but I am glad to be rid of it.

When you first exercise Jack fat is turned into muscle so you put on weight. You may drink more fluids and that puts on weight, but its only temporary.

Keep up what you are doing, cut out chips, chocolate, sweets etc.
Try and eat a slice less bread a day. Give it a month before you check weight. I lost 9 lbs over 3 months, nice and steady, rapid weight loss only comes back.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 10:39
yeah, only i have been body building, (just for vanity reasons) for over 12 years now and my heaviest weight has always been 13.5stone

i just found it stange that since i decided to add regular cardio work, that i have inexplicably put on weight . i look leaner but i am heavier

but saying that i have never used casein before. its protein derived from cows milk that releases amino acids as a slower rate, so you are supposed to take it when your body is fasting

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

eduardo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 18:19
I've hit my target of 12st, in fact got to 11st 13lbs, have now decided I can safely go to 11.5st, once I get to that I will assess if I can go to 11st, which I think I might. I'm very happy to have got to this stage, only downside, my clothes no longer fit, all too loose on me, especially coats and sweatshirts

26 February, 2012 19:59
Ed that is still quite heavy for someone who is only 4 foot 6.

eduardo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:05
don't joke about it, I have a friend who is 5ft 2in and he is 23st

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 21:39
Not sure how much a "stone" is but I've always got people telling me I should put more weight on.

6'1'' and come in around 13st (<-- went to some nifty conversion website). Used to be a bit lower even when I was doing track/field, I'm a lanky motherf***er.

26 February, 2012 21:52
I know you have to run around in the shower to get wet.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 00:08
Something like that.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 11:49
Did I say I have now lost a full stone? My aim is to lose another 7 lbs then I will be at correct BMI.

What amazes me is you only have to eat one ice cream, or one fry up and you seem to put 2 lbs on.

weedz (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 19:05
Who said `blogging` isn`t good for you?

After first reading this thread a month or two back, I have been far more attentive to my food intake than I previously was. And as a result I am pleased to announce I have lost 5.2 kg in the last 6 odd weeks.

I`m still a bit over-weight, but I`m heading in the right direction.

Mertz for Club Captain

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 18:12
5.2 kg? Is that nearly 12 of our English pounds?

Very well done

Shane (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:31
Quote:
Padre Pio
What amazes me is you only have to eat one ice cream, or one fry up and you seem to put 2 lbs on.

Surely not true?

Shane (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:39
How many calories do you's reckon would be a in a roll with grated cheese, cold chicken pieces and mixed peppers?

That's literally my lunch 5/7 days a week and I've often wondered how many calories it may contain.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 17:10
Probably depends on the kind of cheese and how the chicken is cooked - sounds like a healthy enough meal to me though?

Shane (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 18:14
Yea you're right mate. The cheese is red cheddar and grated, the chicken is that sh*t pre-cooked shite you get out of a pack, little pieces, probably roasted but there's no skin or anythin on it.

The peppers are probably harmless enough.

It doesn't really matter I'm not gonna stop eating them because they're tooooo nice, but it'd be nice to know if it was healthy or not in terms of calories and sh*t.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 19:00
You can eat two fingers of cheese a day as part of a balanced diet. Its what else you eat that matters

celine dion (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 19:30
those who have seen me will acknowledge that I am somewhat fat.

As PP said when he first met me ' you look like you enjoy a few CAKES'

The strange thing is, my diet is ridiculously healthy, typical day I eat things like oat cakes smoked salmon steamed rice broccoli muesli cereal bars apples bananas salad pasta and chicken.

But I also drink beer, lots of it, and thats what makes me so fat.

Lesson. Dont drink beer.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 21:41
I have cut down on my beer (used to have around three 4-packs a week, now 2 max) and also started exercising a whole lot more.

Not noticed a massive gut reduction, but I have slimmed down generally.

"I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids"

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 09:10
Yesterday I broke diet for nephews diet, including cake. I have put on 3lbs.

I have reached plateau i need to start serious exercise, have appt with Gym in 2 weeks

eduardo (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 21:42
I have reached 11st 7lbs, its the lightest I've been in about 30 years, Last few weeks I have actually upped the amount I'm eating but due to doing more excerise I'm still losing weight, I'm still doing alot of walking but I have started playing Badminton again

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 April, 2012 01:02
Well plateaud out at a losing a stone. I have been to gym a few times, but getting bad reaction, too much sciatic pain.
Now face dilemna of eating Easter Egg or giving it away, told everyone not to get me one, but one person did and its a biggy

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 April, 2012 11:52
Update:
Ate 40g of Easter Egg and 2 Hot x buns. Taking rest of Egg to football and handing it out to mates.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
08 April, 2012 13:24
im abt 17 stone right now (Sm159).... gave myself a target of 14 st by sept end.... pray for me guys smiling smiley

Zainy (IP Logged)
08 April, 2012 13:32
How tall are you?

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 April, 2012 13:37
Go for it Indian Gunner, we will support you

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
09 April, 2012 05:58
Zainy, im 5"9ish.... not that tall

Cheers Padre

Zainy (IP Logged)
09 April, 2012 12:14
You're sitting on a BMI of 35 ish at the moment. You're target will be to get it to as close to 25 as possible, which is the higher end of the 'normal range' but you can be healthy and above 25. If you eat healthy and exercise it shouldn't matter if you don't actually get into the normal range. BMI is not the be all and end all of weight goals, as many other factors hv to be taken into account so should be used as a 'rough guide'
For interests sake a BMI of 25 for your height is about 170 pounds 12 stone. So aiming for 14 stone is an excellent goal.
Good luck.

Edited due to being a metric man. Why any the rest of te world convert?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 20:21 by Zainy.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2012 14:13
Cause I am not obviously fat, I don't really look at scales to see if I am losing weight, I basically want my belly to go in a little bit more, and I think that is happening.

"I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids"

Zainy (IP Logged)
09 April, 2012 17:12
Google. Toning your abdomen can start off as always sucking in your tummy all day. Not to a ridiculous level just suck it in as much to be reasonably comfortable to
Do it for hours on end. It's a case of pretending long enough that it actually becomes a reality.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
09 April, 2012 18:15
Quote:
Zainy
You're sitting on a BMI of 35 ish at the moment. You're target will be to get it to as close to 25 as possible, which is the higher end of the 'normal range' but you can be healthy and above 25. If you eat healthy and exercise it shouldn't matter if you don't actually get into the normal range. BMI is not the be all and end all of weight goals, as many other factors hv to be taken into account so should be used as a 'rough guide'
For interests sake a BMI of 25 for your height is about 170 pounds 12 pounds. So aiming for 14 pounds is an excellent goal.
Good luck.

Cheers mate.... i believe there is always an ideal weight and happy weight.... the weight at which u and ur body are happy with...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net