Date: 31 January, 2012 18:46

oh damn i actually forgot about this forum

now 4 simple questions

how old are you?

what car do you drive?

what is your insurance cost ?

what company do you use?

thank you

i dont see how i can be charged 240 a month for a car when im 26 and a girl who is 23 gets charged £500 a year

and a guy who has had a crash 21 gets charged 1600 a year

surely the companys make it up on the spot,

i remeber the day i got my 1st car, i tried a site(site b) and and found 203a month, as i was paying it crashed and was down for repairs
i went back to another(site a) site and got 110 a month, id tried this site (site a) 2 days earlier and was quoted 218,

how is this stuff worked out because it stresses me out.

be warned lol if i dont get answers im going to post this on the main site as im not sure what this sites responce time is like, and i really need to know

(hard work will beat talent if talent dont work hard)

Re: ???
Posted by: hippogunner (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2012 10:07

I drive a Vauxhall Corsa.

Costs around £260 a year to insure.

I insure with elephant despite their fractious relations with hippos.

Posted by: nis (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2012 10:53

lol

Posted by: Mad Jens (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2012 02:48

24, Saab 900SE, mine only costs about $700 USD a year to insure. I use State Farm - not sure about UK providers.

You get charged 240 a month? Unless you're driving a Lambo I don't see how that math works... would definitely look at changing.

I'm no authority on this stuff but there's a lot of things that can potentially affect your rate - demographic, credit rating, even where you live can factor in, at least in the US.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2012 01:21

Age is biggest problem, followed by how powerful car is.
us e a good broker who will shop around for you, probably get a better deal for you than .com sites

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will show the same drab movie for a decade.

Nothing will change except the ticket prices

Kroenke & Wenger are made for each other.

Arsenal’s not a football club. It’s just a business. Myles Palmer

Posted by: nis (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2012 16:04

wat is a broker?

Date: 03 February, 2012 16:11

Insurance agent, I assume.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 05 February, 2012 02:21

A broker isnt attached to any one firm so will buy and sell insurance on the open market, he is not an agent for anyone company.

My broker gets me house insurance and he is on look out for cheaper deals.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will show the same drab movie for a decade.

Nothing will change except the ticket prices

Kroenke & Wenger are made for each other.

Arsenal’s not a football club. It’s just a business. Myles Palmer

Date: 05 February, 2012 03:31

If you want to compare rates between different companies there's plenty of websites and services that offer that.

Not sure what having a person do that gets you, besides a bigger bill. That said I'm not familiar with how it works in the UK... maybe it's different.

Posted by: Zainy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 February, 2012 15:57

Not everyone signs up for the comparison websites Jens. Brokers have the potential to get you even lower rates.

Date: 06 February, 2012 03:55

Seems counter intuitive to me to spend more money to get a slightly lower rate, is what I'm saying.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net