Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Cheltenham - How should we bet?
BC2 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2016 20:59
Quote:
BC2
I used to have a shed-load of Cheltenham ante-post vouchers by this time, I would spend hours on it in the three months leading up to the festival, but not any more. Mullins has killed it for me, it was hard enough trying to work out what might win, now you don't even know what race a lot of the leading fancies will be running in, it's a right can of worms, so what's the point.

So Vautour runs in the Ryanair, proving my point that Mullins is wrecking this meeting. I'd ban the c**t from running horses there, without punters there wouldn't be horse racing and this guy doesn't give a shite.

And I've no particular axe to grind in this case, where Vautour runs doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. I had the good sense to leave the Gold Cup and Ryanair well alone Ante-Post, this sort of nonsense was always on the cards.

BC2 (IP Logged)
17 March, 2016 22:52
I don't know what it is with Cheltenham, I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't finish in front after four days and I'm well in front again with one day to go. One thing I always do is throw the kitchen sink at the meeting, I'm never averse to backing more than one in a race but I really go to town for this meeting and it keeps on paying off.

Tuesday, 18 bets,

Altior 6/1
Sizing John (W/O Douvan) 3/1
Annie Power 5/2
Minella Rocco 10/1

Wednesday, 18 bets,

Blaklion 12/1
Sprinter Sacre 11/2
Diego Du Charmil 7/1
Any Currency 12/1

Could have been better, I was on Battleford in the Bumper, btn a nose at 25/1.

Thursday, 17 bets,

Thistlecrack 1/1
Empire Of Dirt 20/1

Only 6 bets for Friday so far, and I might try and keep the numbers low, I'm well overdue a losing day.

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
18 March, 2016 06:42
All those winners and your still moaning BC? (Sm14) Cause a riot in an empty house(Sm13)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

BC2 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2016 09:19
See how I get on today CW, I might have good reason to moan by tonight.(Sm14)

Just on the number of bets I have at Cheltenham, the only other place I do the same is for every meeting at Ripon, and at the end of the summer I'm usually in front there as well. Maybe there's something in that approach, but it's very time consuming, you couldn't do it everywhere, every day.

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
18 March, 2016 10:47
I run a betting syndicate on facebook at a number of the big festivals throughout the year and without doubt Chelenham is the most profitable for us too(Sm13) We started off on day 1 with a £100 pot and going in to today it stands at £135.06 and we have played in every race(Sm14)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

BC2 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2016 18:13
Finished in front over the four days, but back down to earth with a bump this afternoon. 15 bets, one winner, On The Fringe, at least I got on at 11/4 before the Irish lumped on. A reality check, every time you think you've got this game cracked, you find you haven't.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net