football
Latest News:

NH jockeys
BC2 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2016 11:57
I don't follow NH racing that closely so when I went to a jumps meeting at Wetherby last year I was surprised at the number of top southern based jocks who had come up just for one or two rides, something I couldn't imagine their flat colleagues doing, unless they knew they were onto a winner of course.

Adrian Coleman, who rides mainly for Venetia so presumably is based in the south, has gone all the way up to Sedgefield today just to take one ride for David Dennis on Cyclop in the 2.45, which is only 3rd favourite in a 5 horse race.

Now why would he be doing this, am I onto something here, or is it completely insignificant, just more evidence that jump jockeys really are barking mad.

Re: NH jockeys
Alfie (IP Logged)
31 January, 2016 16:21
Looks like it's insignificant BC ..

BC2 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2016 17:35
Yes, not surprised Alfie, just seems these NH boys will travel the length and breadth of the country for just the one ride. Not many flat boys would do it.

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
31 January, 2016 18:40
They travel ridiculous distances for one ride. I don’t know how they make it pay. It’s even crazier than that though - on Friday Wayne Hutchinson was injured, and we were offered a choice of replacement jockeys. I am pretty sure that one of those jockeys had 1 ride on the card in the 1st race, and was still there approaching the end of the day. They’re also hard as nails. Some of the things you see and hear is ridiculous. Nothing but respect for them, and then you get idiots saying Ruby’s regularly putting them on the floor for bookmakers - mentalists those people.

BC2 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2016 21:11
Back up north today for just two rides at Catterick... and won on both of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net