football
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Re: Next Edition
BC2 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2016 01:08
No, they're looking at a 0-65 at Wolves next FC. I'm bemused as to where the money's coming from to keep him going though. We were told a while ago the money had virtually run out and he's won nowt since.

I know they absolutely love the horse and are desperate to keep him, so possibly they're hoping to get a win out of him soon and resurrect the partnership, otherwise he has an uncertain future and they really don't want to lose him. So maybe they're funding him themselves now while he continues to run for the partnership, but I can't believe it's our money that's paying the training bills any more.

"why don't they ride him a bit closer to the leaders for a change?"

Good question FC, Pippa says she'd like him to be ridden closer to the pace whereas Phil wants him to be held up, and Phil's the boss. I don't think it's that simple, he habitually misses the break now and then pulls hard early on so has to be restrained. So on a tight track like Woolybags you have a big problem, how do you get him up with the pace without taking him wide and risking him blowing his brains out. I don't know the answer to that.

BC2 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2016 10:26
Entered in a 0-60 over 12f at Wolves next Tuesday. A lot of the entries have jockeys booked already but Eddie doesn't. Don't know if this is significant or not.

BC2 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2016 14:13
Not running tomorrow, Phil's found a supposedly easier race at Woollybags next Friday night, a 0-60 over 14f. Looks like we might have a proper jockey up this time as well, Phil Makin or Phil Dennis.

I might even go.

BC2 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2016 22:04
Apart from being told there'll be two owners badges for me tomorrow and that Phil Dennis is riding, there's nothing being said about Eddie's prospects in the race yet. Whether this is significant one way or another I've no idea, but SkyBet have shortened him up already.

Could this be the race it all falls into place ? Probably not.

soapylily (IP Logged)
26 February, 2016 08:37
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.... is it a coup? I doubt it with the odds already at 5/1. I would still like to see it go back to hurdling but hey ho.

BC2 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2016 10:15
Why SkyBet were afraid to go half a point bigger than the rest soapy I've no idea, but they fell into line quick enough. Not a penny for him on Betfair yet, but not surprising when you can get slightly better odds with some BOG bookies.

I'm sure our money ran out long since so I'm going to have a free night out at Wolverhampton, including a complementary meal, while I can. This free ride can't go on much longer.

Then again, if he wins......

soapylily (IP Logged)
27 February, 2016 08:49
Give us the goss then BC

BC2 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2016 14:21
It's a sorry tale soapy, there was a serious accident on the M6 near Stafford early afternoon, the M6 was a car park for miles north so we set off early at 14.45 and went down the A34. We hoped they'd get the M6 sorted by the time we got down that way but no, there were two lanes closed all afternoon and so the A34 got over-loaded as well, and when the first race went off at Wolves at 17.45 we were still stuck in a traffic jam 12 miles from the course, with no hope of getting there for Eddie's race and the clutch on the car starting to play up.

So we gave up, turned round, had a nice meal in a posh pub, and limped home hoping the clutch wouldn't give up the ghost entirely. It didn't and we got home OK, but 7 hours in a car and one hour in a pub isn't my idea of a good day out, but sadly this sort of thing is what we have to live with in modern Britain.

Sorry got that wrong above, we set off at 13.45, giving ourselves 4 hours 30 minutes for a two hour journey. we got as far as Stafford in four hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2016 21:28 by BC2.

soapylily (IP Logged)
29 February, 2016 19:16
That sounds utterly horrendous. I really do not want to have to live in the UK and people wonder why - driving and traffic provide one excellent example!

BC2 (IP Logged)
29 February, 2016 20:06
Don't blame you soapy, if the pound hadn't got so low against the Euro we'd still be living in France.

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
02 March, 2016 16:05
Bloody typical, I have backed it every time for ages and today guess what it comes home at 14/1 and not a penny on it, OH well such is life. Well done Eddie, you have probably just saved yourself from the glue pot.

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
02 March, 2016 16:12
I had £2.50 eachway on it, didn't take a price so a fair few quid back £47 to be exact; although I reckon I am still out of pocket(Sm14)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2016 16:13 by colinwaldron.

BC2 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2016 16:23
I'm in Paris at the moment, no access to my emails so I didn't even know it was running. No matter, I wouldn't have had more than a couple of quid on, and I certainly wouldn't have been heading down to Wolvers again. I'll just have to make do with my share of the £3k prize money.

Alfie (IP Logged)
02 March, 2016 18:59
Quote:
colinwaldron
I had £2.50 eachway on it, didn't take a price so a fair few quid back £47 to be exact; although I reckon I am still out of pocket(Sm14)

Well done Colin,it makes up for all those fallers you've had lately..thumbs down

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
03 March, 2016 06:05
Thanks Alfie; and seconds(Sm14)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

soapylily (IP Logged)
03 March, 2016 10:51
Quote:
soapylily
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.... is it a coup? I doubt it with the odds already at 5/1.
Well in my view Wednesday was THE coup 14/1! I am bloody annoyed as an 'owner' - the info from the stable was non-existent and I cannot believe they were not on it.

BC2 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2016 20:54
I can guarantee you soapy, if it went off 14/1 'they' weren't on it. They haven't had a clue for over 12 months now just how it was going to perform.

soapylily (IP Logged)
04 March, 2016 01:44
How much brass do you reckon we will get back BC?

BC2 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2016 10:30
I'm not expecting anything back soapy, the prize money might keep him in training for a bit longer but I've written off any possibility of money back.

BC2 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2016 22:30
We are getting some money back soapy, Tuesday's prize money plus what's left in the pot, but that can surely only be pennies. Then we can pay £625 for another 6 months over the summer if we want. I might have another go, he's apparently sound, happy in his work, off a very low rating and has discovered how to win again. What could possibly go wrong ?(Sm14)

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net