football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
Next Edition
bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
02 May, 2014 16:35
Just bought into the partnership that owns Next Edition, trained by Philip Kirby at Middleham. Not in the same league as Dan's superstar, 102 hurdles, 79 flat, but it should be capable of winning a race or two (hopefully).

I'll put it up if there's anything interesting to report.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Re: Next Edition
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
02 May, 2014 20:35
Nice one BC thumbs down

Alfie (IP Logged)
02 May, 2014 23:42
Good luck BC,I'm sure you will have some great days watching it race,and even better with an odd win or three. (Sm152)

soapylily (IP Logged)
03 May, 2014 02:36
Welol done BC, best of luck. May I ask what size is your share? Does his future lay over the sticks?

[www.the-racehorse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 02:41 by soapylily.

03 May, 2014 07:31
One of twenty in the partnership soapy, so it's going to have to win an awful lot of money to make me rich.(Sm14)

Could be doing a bit of both this summer, it's already run 2nd twice at York and I know they'd like to win a race there with it, York handicaps aren't easy though so I'm not holding my breath on that one. They think it has a future over hurdles, won one already and it was leading at Uttoxeter when it made a complete horlicks of the last and finished 2nd, the winner and 3rd have both won since. It's a bit on the small side so I doubt it has a future as a chaser.

BC

soapylily (IP Logged)
03 May, 2014 08:02
I seem to remember they said that about Night Nurse and Red Rum....

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
03 May, 2014 09:44
Good luck with it BC plenty of odds on chances? (Sm14)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

03 May, 2014 19:01
It'll have to be pretty weak race for Eddie to go off odds-on CW, very unlikely.

BC

03 May, 2014 22:40
Quote:
soapylily
I seem to remember they said that about Night Nurse and Red Rum....

OK then soapy, that's two in forty years, in the meantime there've been thousands just weren't big enough. It's only my opinion though, the trainer might think otherwise, I'll ask when I get the chance.

On the same subject I backed Party Politics at 33/1 when it won the National, the reason was I'd seen it win at Haydock a couple of months earlier, and it was the tallest horse I'd ever seen. Just seemed obvious it would have less problems with the Aintree fences than smaller horses, and for once one of my half-baked theories proved right.

BC

29 May, 2014 21:35
Unless there's more rain it's running in the last at York on Saturday, not a lot of confidence behind it, ground a bit too soft.

Then again, the last horse I was a joint owner of won on ground the trainer said it wouldn't go on, so who knows.

BC

31 May, 2014 11:27
No rain, ground drying out a bit and they're a bit more hopeful, goes well at York and won fto last year. I've had a little bet just in case but I'm still inclined to think it's running today more to give us owners a day out with an outside chance of a win than anything else.

BC

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
31 May, 2014 11:44
Good luck with it BC(Sm152) Next Edition is the Postdata and RPR selection in todays Racing Post(Sm14)

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/05/2014 11:48 by colinwaldron.

31 May, 2014 12:15
Cheers CW.

BC

01 June, 2014 20:19
I'm glad May is over, can only get better in June. No worries about Eddie getting beat, although why he was taken so wide into the straight beats me, anything in the first 3 would have been a bonus.

What really p1ssed me off was the winner of the race, San Cassiano, a horse I like and keep an eye on. It was back on a winning mark when I went to Ripon three weeks ago but it got caught close home by Julie Cecil's Flow. I wasn't too bothered because I was on Flow as well, and San Cass looked a good thing to me next time out. So I backed it again at Newcastle 11 days later where it folded tamely and I'd done my money again. So I thought it better watched for a few races after that, it seemed to have gone off the boil.

Wrong again, and of course I wasn't on it Saturday when it won at 11/1 with Eddie a distant dot in it's rear-view mirror. Right horse, wrong race yet again.

BC

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
02 June, 2014 05:37
I watched the race BC and it seemed to get yaken out wide when trying to make some head way coming into the home straight and in doing so found itself well behind the leading group, so no no use flogging it, it was never going to run a place from then on. Next time eh?

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
02 June, 2014 08:59
Missed this earlier in the month BC - good luck with him - have you managed to get down to the yard to see him? That imo, is the most valuable / important part of owning a horse.

02 June, 2014 12:26
We'll see about next time CW, to be honest I'm fairly realistic about racehorse ownership, if he manages to win just one race this year I'll be delighted, it'll be more than most win.

Cheers Dan, just been on the phone this morning and we'll be down to see him next week. They're very kindly going put him out with the 2nd lot so we won't quite have to be up at the crack of dawn.

A few visits to the yard and a few days out on the racecourse will do me, any wins will be a bonus, I'm not naive enough to think I'm going to make any money out of this.

BC

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
03 June, 2014 17:30
We've just put a 2nd horse with Alan King (smaller group) and hopefully will have them in seperate lots - preferably 2 and 3 - although, may not be much use in the winter if so, with race meetings to get to straight after the yard visit.

Very difficult to make any money from owning them, have to be very very lucky to do that. I'll defo keep an eye out for him though - fingers crossed he does you proud.

03 June, 2014 22:41
I reckon if he wins £24k in the next 12 months I'll just about break even on my share of the training fees, not very likely with a 76 rated handicapper.

Been dropped back down to his last winning mark after the York run, it'll be interesting to find out if they do have any particular long term target, I know they did fancy a crack at a York race sometime this summer, hopefully can find out a bit more next week.

Best of luck with yours Dan, serious horse on your hands there mate.(Sm13)

BC

27 June, 2014 11:08
Talking to Phil Kirby yesterday and he reckons it's better handicapped over hurdles at the moment than on the flat, and there's a race at Perth next month they might have a look at.

Asked him your question soapy and he said it'll stick to the flat and hurdles, it hasn't got the scope to make a chaser.

BC

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net