football
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Re: Wilde Blue Yonder
dandeclaret (IP Logged)
09 February, 2015 23:18
Hi All, hope you're well. Big Chief Benny entered at Ascot on Saturday, and all being well we'll be heading there.

At entry stage, it looks a proper hot bumper, lets see what the declarations bring.

halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
10 February, 2015 12:48
Cheers Dande. I will have a bet on it.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 12:49 by halesowen wolf.

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
10 February, 2015 13:17
I notice Wayne Hutchinson is currently showing for the ride Dan, any reason it's not Tom ?

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
10 February, 2015 15:04
I can't do the weight BC (Sm151)

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
10 February, 2015 15:42
Hi BC - trainer makes the decision on jockeys. I'd personally be delighted to have Tom on, but Wayne is Number 1 jockey, and will be riding at Ascot (all being well).

As far as I know, there has been no discussion yet on jockey bookings, sometimes they're put in to help the agents organise spares etc at the meeting

Also for those of you who may remember, the meeting that Benji is entered for is the same one that started this thread, when Wilde Blue Yonder fell when well clear.... hope we have a bit better luck this time.

Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 16:25 by dandeclaret.

11 February, 2015 13:58
Full page article on Tom in this morning's Weekender, worth getting hold of Dan.

BC

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
11 February, 2015 19:02
Cheers BC, I will see if there's one floating about anywhere at work. Good words for Benji on the Alan King tour too. There's also a great series on FM Racing Live, each week they talk to rising stars of the weighing room. Tom was on there earlier today too, and he gave benny a strong mention too. Link is here - [soundcloud.com]

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
15 February, 2015 16:29
At the risk of stating the obvious, we're very disappointed with the run. Jockey said it was a rough race, he got bumped about early on, and never settled. Wayne said to put a line through the run, as it never happened for him, and trainer etc said not to worry, he's miles better than that, and they thought he'd be 1st 3 at least. He'll get a check over during the week to make sure he's not picked up a bug, but physically he seems fine this morning. Plan is still Newbury in 5 weeks. 2 silver linings are 1) He won't carry a winners penalty and 2) he'll be a massive price.

All the best, off to drown my sorrows,

Dan

15 February, 2015 19:58
Thanks for the update Dan, thought he ran still a bit green, looks like he needs to mature a bit, his day will come that is for sure, good luck with him.

15 February, 2015 20:51
Disappointing Dan but that's racing, he still has the same potential, and he's still on track for Newbury, where he might be a bit under the radar now, nowt wrong with that.

Onward and upward.thumbs down

BC

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
16 February, 2015 07:03
Yes good luck with him, I backed him and watched the race, thought the ground looked very sticky and he didn't seem to go through it well at all; does he need better ground?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
19 February, 2015 22:05
Benny had a bug - scope was horrible this morning. A week on antibiotics for him now, and time for him to chill out in a field. Hopefully back to his form at Newbury, and at a price too.

28 March, 2015 14:40
Smoking Big Cigars runs in the 3.15 this afternoon at Navan

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
14 April, 2015 21:50
Hi all,

Big Chief Benny hopefully runs on Saturday at Ayr (Another big meeting for us if he does go - would have taken a little bumper somewhere to be honest - but hey ho, he'll have a chance as long as he bounces back fully from his sick run).

Smoking Big Cigars also likely to be out for 1 last run this season soon. I'll keep you up to date as I find out more.

14 April, 2015 22:04
Cheers Dan let's hope there's some good news this weekend for a change. thumbs down

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
15 April, 2015 09:34
Good luck with them Dan(Sm13)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
15 April, 2015 20:45
Benny not running - not quite right.... suspect he'll be put away for the summer now.

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
23 April, 2015 20:31
Hey Lads - both horses now put away for the summer. This ground has gone very quick - er - very quick, if you get what I mean. They are only 4 and 5 year olds, and in the case of both of them, but particularly Smoking Big Cigars, they are big frames of horses yet, and we'd only damage them running on this ground. So Big Chief Benny will go and join Wilde Blue Yonder in the field, and Smoking Big Cigars has been secured a fantastic summer home at a top Kildare Stud, with the finest pasture, so that he can eat his way to filling out that frame.

Have a good summer...... I'm getting tempted to buy into a flat horse with Michael O'Callaghan - look out for him lads, he's only 26 an he's supremely talented. It wouldn't be a total surprise to see him replace Aiden O'Brien in the next few years.

Dan

23 April, 2015 21:15
Thanks for all your input and info Dan, it is much appreciated, let's hope you can have some really good luck in the next season.

BC2 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2015 09:02
Best of luck with it Dan, my little dabble with ownership have been with 3 flat horses, for the very reason you should be able to see them on the racetrack more often. No guarantees though, Eddie will have been off for 9 months if he makes his anticipated return in July. And no fast ground for him either, not having had a tendon problem.

And despite what the animal rights morons say, these horses are incredibly well looked after. Phil Kirby was saying the biggest problem with Eddie has been keeping him quiet, he just wants to get out and run, he's totally unaware he has a tendon problem and is frustrated he's been in a barn for 6 months now being mollycoddled.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net