football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cheltenham Antiposts
Newton Exile (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 16:35
Hi Guys

Thought I'd put up a Cheltenham Antipost thread, any selections to get on early?

I'll start with Minsk in the JCB Triumph Hurdle currently 6/1 but a good run on Staurday at Fairyhouse should see that halved.

Looking froward to seeing a few horses to keep an eye on(Sm8)

Be Lucky

Exile

Re: Cheltenham Antiposts
bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 18:16
Read quite a bit about this one Exile. Not jumped anything in public yet but it hacked up in it's last two flat races. They seem to think it's something special.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

21 February, 2012 14:34
I backed two last week before they ran at weekend.

Colour Squadron @ 16/1 for the Supreme Novices. It fell two out when going well on Saturday. It hasn't made any difference to the price, still 16/1 best available.

Did better with the other one, I backed Riverside Theatre @ 10/1 for the Ryanair, it won the Betfair Chase at Ascot and 6/1 is the best price now.

I only had one other, I backed Zemsky to win the Foxhunters again @ 8/1 but it's been taken out. One down before they've even started.

BC

Alfie (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 18:00
Riverside Theatre was very impressive and is on my shortlist for chelts.. thumbs down

http://i58.tinypic.com/2uempz6.gif

21 February, 2012 22:51
Did you see Sprinter Sacre at Newbury last Friday ? Geraghty never moved a muscle on it, that was very impressive as well. I haven't backed it in the Arkle, the price has gone and I'm hoping it might be a bit bigger on the day. I won't be taking it on though whatever price it is, that's for sure.

BC

cables84 (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 07:44
Minsk is out of Cheltenham because of a throat illness.

One to throw in the pot is Triolo D'Alene, won 2 from 2 and Nicky Henderson seems this will be one of his better chances at the festival. At the moment it's down for 2 races so will keep you all posted on which one it gets entered in.

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 14:16
What price Long Run now? with the doubts over Kauto? Long Run for me(Sm14)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

02 March, 2012 23:38
One that me, CW, Cables and Exile saw win on our Haydock trip about 15 months ago was Paul Nichols Toubab. It was quite impressive that day but I think it got injured, although it seems to be back on track now, and I've had a bet at 10/1 for the Grand Annual, last race of the meeting. Obviously I think it could win but I'm not mad keen about it, it's just one of those where I'll be well pi**ed off if it wins and I haven't backed it.

BC

Newton Exile (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 09:14
Looks like a nice spot that BCthumbs down

03 March, 2012 13:37
Quote:
Newton Exile
Looks like a nice spot that BCthumbs down

Hopefully it'll still look good in a couple of weeks time Exile, it's one of those 'insurance' bets really.

BC

Newton Exile (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 14:16
Well I'll be there to cheer it on(Sm128)

03 March, 2012 15:18
Best of luck mate, I'll have me feet up watching on't box. Too much like hard work is Cheltenham at my age.winking smiley

BC

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 11:27
Peddlers Cross Arkle 6/1 - loser

Big Bucks 4/5 - Stayers - Non runner no bet

Sea of thunder - 3m Nov Hurdle - can't remember price

Will probably back Russian War, Faasel and Moscow mannon this weekend.

07 March, 2012 14:43
Faasel's interesting Dan, it seems to have been running since forever. I can remember thinking it was going to beat Harchibald at Cheltenham once but I think it finished 3rd, and that's a long time ago.

I'm thinking of having a bet myself, it's a quirky bu**er but it's with the right trainer, the Kim Muir looks wide open and it's run more good races at Cheltenham than bad ones.

I wonder if it would have made any difference if Wylie had sent Tidal Bay to Pipe instead of Nicholls ? Possibly not, I'm no expert but there seems to be something very wrong about the way it jumps, maybe a physical problem no trainer can sort out. It's a shame, it's certainly got an engine but even Nicholls doesn't seem able to work the oracle with it.

BC

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 15:19
Tidal Bay was my favourite ever Arkle Winner, but the horse is quirkier than ever now. His head carriage doesn't seem to allow him to arch his back, and thus he's clumsy over his fences.

Faasel is laid out for this race each year, but seems to find one too good. Last year he finished 2nd in this, then 2nd in the Whitbread - so showed a good level of form - he's
had 1 pipe opener since.

Same goes for Russian War - he likes quick ground, so I don't want them to water. Watch his race at Aintree last year - looked like he'd been dropped in 4f out. Since then, he's won a decent race at Ayr (I think - Scottish national meeting), where he handled the undulations well. He then had a real quiet time of it in the pertemps qualifier at Cheltenham, and looks to be absolutely laid out for this race. The fly in the ointment, is that he's in the Coral cup as well - I don't think that race would suit him as well, as he looks to have an abundance of Stamina. I'm really sweet on him each way.

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 16:34
Actually - just looked at his Aintree Win, which I thought was the 3m Handicap Hurdle, but was the 2m 4f handicap hurdle - so maybe the Coral cup is the race. He's 19lbs higher than that Aintree win, but I don't think that will stop him, as he's a strong travelling bridle horse.

08 March, 2012 01:44
I can't ignore Russian War after that Dan so I'm on each-way for both races NRNB at 33/1. Boylesports the Pertemps, Bet365 the Coral Cup.

Elliott was featured in the Weekender stable tour in December and he talked about bringing Russian War back in spring in novice chases, seems like they've had a change of heart. I do like the fact that it goes well fresh, it was off a 5 month break that it won at Aintree last year.

BC

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
09 March, 2012 09:50
According to this mornings Sun Clive Smith took all the 5/1 available on Betfair yesterday for Kauto Star, he said he will also take more if that price becomes available again. mmmmmm thumbs down

http://i16.tinypic.com/2pyuh5f.jpg

SIMPLY THE BEST

09 March, 2012 10:17
One of Ladbrokes top men was interviewed on Sky last night. He said they hadn't been impressed with Long Run this season and if Kauto ran they'd take Long Run on. If you want to back Long Run it's probably best to wait, it certainly doesn't seem likely to shorten up from it's current price.

BC

Newton Exile (IP Logged)
09 March, 2012 16:02
I'm leaning towards Midnight Chase and Burton Port(Sm151)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net