football
Latest News:

The Magic Sign
bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 22:05
One of the Ladbrokes 'specials' going in the Supreme Novices.

Nicky Henderson's Oscar Nominee. Won a Southwell maiden hurdle by 27 lengths and then finished behind McCain's Cinders And Ashes in the Supreme Trial at Haydock.

They go much shorter than anyone else @ 16/1, there's plenty of 33/1, some 40/1, while Hills, Corals and Stan James are 50/1.

Apparently it didn't go on the heavy ground at Haydock and, as it's usually decent ground at Cheltenham, it seems someone could be expecting a much improved performance, and has either tipped Ladbrokes off or had a bit of a punt himself.

I've had a little E/W bet at 50s anyway. It's entered in 3 races this week so the picture might become clearer. Either another bet down the pan or on a leading contender at a huge price. Probably the former.(Sm14)

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Re: The Magic Sign
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 08:23
Just had a little e/w on that BC, took the 50/1 with the sponsors of the race Willie Hills. Like you say could be something but may be not, worth a little punt in my eyes though. thumbs down

http://i16.tinypic.com/2pyuh5f.jpg

SIMPLY THE BEST

21 February, 2012 11:57
Running in the 3.00 at Donny on Wednesday FC. Top rated and decent ground, our bet'll be looking bit sick if it doesn't win this.

BC

cables84 (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 19:24
On aswell at 50s with Stan James! thumbs down

22 February, 2012 17:24
Did what it had to do today, won going away, the further the better according to RP. thumbs down

SIMPLY THE BEST

Newton Exile (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 17:25
thumbs down

22 February, 2012 17:37
Not quoted now on Willie Hills, nor Laddies confused smiley

SIMPLY THE BEST

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2012 17:39 by Foreverclaret.

22 February, 2012 17:44
In fact can't find it anywhere, FFS has it been pulled out. (Sm95)

SIMPLY THE BEST

cables84 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 18:21
Just been on Stan James and cant see on there either.....maybe it's been taken out while being repriced, hope it's not been pulled out!

22 February, 2012 18:52
They've taken it out of the race. Don't know whether it was before today's race or afterwards. It no longer has an entry in the Supreme though.

It's a shame, but after that run today I wouldn't give it much chance in the Supreme anyway. It picked up well and won easily enough in the end, but it didn't travel well, Tinkler was niggling at it all the way round.

Seems like Henderson has had a bit of a cull. When I looked on Monday he had 12 entries in the Supreme, now he has just 6. He's booted 5 other out besides ours.

The bu**er of it is I didn't back it today, if I had at least I'd have got almost all my stake money back.(Sm17)

Back to the drawing board again.

BC

22 February, 2012 23:26
There's a report on the RP website timed at 2.27pm, saying it has an entry in the Supreme, so presumably it was taken out straight after the race. If it was done earlier the RP knew nothing about it.

BC

16 March, 2012 10:12
Running over 4f more in the Martin Pipe this afternoon, currently 12/1. It got going very late at Donny and was running on so the extra distance could be in it's favour.

It was just 3 lengths behind Supreme winner Cinders And Ashes at Haydock and the runner-up at Donny has come out since and won by 7 lengths. Given that it seems virtually everything Henderson sends out is winning at the moment it might be worth a little bet.

BC

17 March, 2012 09:03
Well it would never have won the Supreme but it should have won this. Btn into 3rd just half a length down on the winner, and it veered from one side of the course to the other on the run-in, giving away far more ground than it's losing margin. Just like at Donny though it wouldn't go a yard and had to be niggled at all the way round. It clearly has the ability to win a race, but it's such hard work for the jockey to even get it into a challenging position, I'm not sure it's one you'd want to put your mortgage on.

BC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net