football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Longside Syndicate....
Specky Les (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 00:33
Be nice to own a share in a racehorse. My dad was a member at Haydock for years,(missed many a school day to keep him company), and was always his dream to stand in the owners/parade ring. Met Shankly,Paisley,Mc Dermott etc etc over the years.Sadly he`ll miss Fridays meeting due to ill health.

CW, it`s rumoured you`ve a few bob,any chance of setting the ball rolling winking smiley

Re: The Longside Syndicate....
Newton Exile (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 09:14
I'm in thumbs down cool smiley You know you've always wanted to CW and your not getting any younger (Sm14)

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 09:58
How much would it cost?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

soapylily (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 10:07
An interesting question....

paddy claret (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 10:14
I fear it would be the same answer I get when putting sugar on my 2 & 1/2 yr old daughters breakfast;

Me; How much sugar do you want?

Her; 'Too Much'

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 10:23
One of the lads who was living at the Farm where martin now lives, has gone down to Apprentice School at Newmarket for his 12 weeks course and then he will be placed with a trainer as an apprentice; might be worth talking to him when he has been placed with his trainer.

There are a few Trainers round about us that have syndicate's and do quite well. Paul Green at Lydiate springs to mind.

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Specky Les (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 11:28
I once applied to Mary Reveley, and she sent me loads of info and was very helpful, but sadly it was just too expensive. The family had to come first (Sm136).

Specky Les (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 11:31
James Moffatt ?
[www.jamesmoffatt.co.uk]

Specky Les (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 11:40

halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 15:36
Im up for it

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

Specky Les (IP Logged)
30 December, 2011 16:52
What`s happening with Eric Alston ? Preston based i believe ? Does he still train ? I`ve sent an e-mail to Barney Curley to get in touch (Sm105)(Sm68)

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
31 December, 2011 13:20
I was looking not long ago and I'm fairly sure Ruth Carr had some very reasonably priced syndicate horses. Off to t'Turf now so I'll have to check it out later.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

02 January, 2012 13:04
Of course it all depends on how much of a horse you want to own, but for comparison here is the cost of owning a 20% share of a horse with Ruth Carr.

Purchase price £1,300
Monthly payment £360

That includes everything, absolutely nothing else to pay. The monthly payment works out at £4320 per annum, if you pay it up front in one lump sum it's £3960. If you want to own more, or less, of a horse you can work it out pro-rata.

Just to to give an example, 6 people could share 20% of a horse at an annual cost of £876 each.

BC

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
02 January, 2012 13:16
BC is the agreement renewable annually or are you tied in for a number of years?

If it is annually then I would think it would be better to pay it all up front, so that you know(your example, if there were 6 in the syndicate) that the £876 had been paid and that anyone droping out wouldn't put extra financial burden on those remaining in the syndicate.

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

02 January, 2012 22:19
It's renewable annually CW, one year minimum though so paying up front makes sense, keeping the brass in the bank isn't going to make any interest.

BC

Specky Les (IP Logged)
02 January, 2012 23:06
How many of us would we need ?
Flat or jumps ?

soapylily (IP Logged)
03 January, 2012 09:32
So 20% divided by 6 is 3.333% of a horse for one year. Looks like Ruth Carr just does the flat?

Newton Exile (IP Logged)
03 January, 2012 09:47
I personaly would prefer a jumps horsethumbs down perhaps a Gold Cup or National winner!(Sm7) not fussed either really!!

soapylily (IP Logged)
03 January, 2012 11:35
Quote:
Newton Exile
I personaly would prefer a jumps horsethumbs down perhaps a Gold Cup or National winner!(Sm7) not fussed either really!!
I wouldn't have any interest in a flat horse. The next Rummy would do me just coming off the back of a flat career!

cables84 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2012 11:59
in the words of Duncan bannatyne - I'm out!!

can't afford this but good luck to you all, if you buy a national hunt horse, what happens if it falls and had to be put down...is that your money lost??

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net