football
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Re: Racing Post TV
bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
07 February, 2012 20:46
Sorry Paddy, not checked the thread for a while.

FC's original bet should have returned £55.50p, dropping the void runner and just treating it as a Lucky 15, instead of a lucky 31, would return £35.50p, (£27.50p winnings + £8 stake returned). When I was working in the bookies a void race meant a non-runner but that's a long, long time ago now and it must be covered in Bet365's rules or they couldn't do it.

I suppose the question is just what is a 'void' race. If it's going to be re-run then it must not actually be 'void' according to their rules. There must be something in the small print to cover it.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

paddy claret (IP Logged)
07 February, 2012 22:07
Cheers BC.

I definitely think there must be something in Bet365's smallprint along those lines, a friend of mine did those selections in a super Yankee, and asked me what he should do, as I knew our selction wouldnt take part in the race that was re run today, (it was knocked over on Saturday so therefore needs to trial before racing again) I said we'll wait and see if they still had the same stance post event as it will then be a definite 'non runner'.
As it turns out it must be something to do with the difference between a void race and a non runner as they have paid out as per FC's example, happy days after all, but you learn something new every day eh!

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 06:36
Multiple bets don't you just love em when they come up?(Sm14)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

paddy claret (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 09:00
LOl, Yeah CW, they are nice then, but you need to be bold and prepared to go on a possibly long run of losing......

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 10:53
Whats new? (Sm22)

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

paddy claret (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 14:22
Tonight from Hove:

8-50 Jamaican Man 5/2
9-06 Young Sid 5/1
10-11 King Jaffa 4/1

There's a lot of bets coming this weekend (1 very strong) so take it easy!!! Good Luck

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 15:41
I'll be on, Patent thumbs down

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 19:23
First one not running chaps.

paddy claret (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 20:17
That was my main fancy FC, save the shekels for Saturday.

Newton Exile (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 22:14
Shocking(Sm6)

paddy claret (IP Logged)
10 February, 2012 16:29
8-58 Sunderland, Mumba Tumba 4/1

1 ante post bet which starts tomorrow morning and finishes Saturday week is in the Peter Bussey memorial at Crayford, 365 have priced up, others will be following shortly,
Hats My Lady @ 6/1 with 365.

krashkon (IP Logged)
10 February, 2012 17:18
hi hats my lady 13/2 with hills. i agree with farley zach for jacket kim in excellent form .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 17:21 by krashkon.

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
10 February, 2012 23:04
PC thats more loses, i am well well down now, on following your selections and am going to give it a miss until I can recover resorces from other means

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

paddy claret (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 01:43
Fair Play CW, a £27-50 profit so far for betting to a one pound stake in singles? Roughly 50% return on investment, I don't know any banks that give that!!

Don't be going on the game CW lol!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 01:48 by paddy claret.

paddy claret (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 09:27
The start of a good few bets today;
This morning from Crayford;
11-37 Clonost Sloopy 5/1
11-51 Farley Zach 10/11 NAP
12-24 Hats My Lady 7/4. (Already advised ante post now 8/1 with PP)
12-39 Tommys Inluck 12/1 Ladbrokes

11 February, 2012 10:55
Quote:
paddy claret
Fair Play CW, a £27-50 profit so far for betting to a one pound stake in singles? Roughly 50% return on investment, I don't know any banks that give that!!
Don't be going on the game CW lol!!

They won't be told Paddy, these roll up merchants. I've tried many times but what can you do if 50% ROI isn't enough.(Sm14)

I can remember a story told by the original Billy Hill. He used to go to parties, events etc and people were always pressing him to take their bets, (no betting shops in those days). He said he used to take care with the big single bets but the smaller stake yankees, trebles, etc he just shoved in his back pocket and forgot about them. I've based my betting on that ever since, Billy just loved them, and the bookies still do, they're big winners for them. That's why they're forever pushing them, they never advertise 'Come and have a win single' do they ?

BC

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 11:06
As Duncan Bannatyne would say in Dragons Den "I'm out"(Sm14)

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

11 February, 2012 11:20
Or as you would say CW, 'You pays your money, you takes yer choice', or was it chance ? Anyway, if you need to recoup your losses there's a fireproof way of doing it. Just lay my One a Day selections, you'll have your dog losses back inside the month.(Sm14)

BC

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 11:48
BC Its all chance as you well know; how many heartbreak stories have you recalled "leading at the last fence 12 lengths clear and falls"?

Dogs has never been my game and I will take my chances on the nags, at least if one gets banged around by another you have the stewards room to still give you a chance; with dogs you could back 3 of the 6 and they all get wiped out at the first bend and there's no stewards room for them!

I also think with there being just 6 possible winners(maximum) in each race the odds represent that, so win bets would require big stakes to make big winnings as the odds are skinnier(Sm14)

I'm still out!

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Alfie (IP Logged)
11 February, 2012 12:30
at least the greyhounds dont have a jockey on them to pull it when reguired ..thumbs down

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net