Current Page: 3 of 3

Re: Thanks for helping Blackwell chaps!
Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 14:08
Ta Daa, theres your Century:-)

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 14:08
He did it at Norwich though - when they won promotion. Have a quick look at his signings and what he spent in the promotion season, and the one before that.

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 14:33
turfmanphil wrote:

" Players low in confidence will not have their morale raised by hearing the boos and being told they are expletive this and expletive that! "

So Alex Ferguson doesn't know what he's doing then? Somehow I suspect he's forgotten more about football management than your mate Blackwell will ever know. Ever heard of the Hair-Dryer? I believe it's not very pleasant being on the end of it and it does involve the use of expletives. It's use by Ferguson is to provide the player concerned with a kick up the backside and to ensure he performs better and looking at Fergie's record I'd say it works.

It's also not unknown for a manager to lock the dressing room door for an hour after a poor performance. What do you imagine he's saying to the players? They'll be getting more abuse from their manager than they'll ever get from the fans. In extreme cases teams have been ordered to stay out on the pitch at half-time by their manager, the public humiliation intended to ensure they play better in the second half.

Bollockings and abuse are all part of a footballer's life and those that can't handle it won't make it as pros. Many managers use abuse as a spur to improve their teams performance and it worked wonders for England last week.

You're barking up the wrong tree Phil.

BC

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Wolf (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 14:48
. I think he bought Ashton in the Championship on the back of the premiership money.

Uh...no he didn't. Ashton was signed in the Premiership and scored quite a few goals, including one against Manchester United?

turfmanphil (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 15:00
What goes on between manager and players in the dressing room has nothing to do with what the fans are shouting, especially if that is done during a match when we are fighting for survival. It also doesnt take into account the booing the manager is getting either.

Even assuming they are getting it in the neck from the manager, hearing it again from the fans is not likely to improve performance.

Assuming you are right and they have been bollocked by the manager, then it hasnt worked has it? I wonder why

I wonder how many times Branch has been bollocked? He certainly didnt respond to the taunts from the crowd. There are many good footballers and not all of them have steel underpants, some are more sensitive than others, and in a team game even one that suffers from reduced confidence and morale after hearing the crowd abuse could mean we dont get valuable points on the board

Turfite (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 17:23
You have to understand that not everyone is the same and the world would be a boring place if we were, The frustrations of not winning for 18 games will always spill out in the end and looking at the few that did boo or call for Cotterill's head he was very lucky it wasn't many more

bfcuk_bev (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 18:08
I was in the Upper James Hargreaves and I didnt hear booing until the end of the match............... Blackwell is talking rubbish that booing during the game made it easier for his players.... our shite football made it easier for his players

Most of the booing occured when there was only cotterill on the pitch!

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT......... THE FUTURE'S SCOTTISH!

http://i11.tinypic.com/2cpb4pe.jpg

Turfite (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 18:10
Well said Bev, I don't agree with booing but its getting beyond a joke now and people are starting to feeling it now

Tranzic (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 18:14
Tell you what, do you know how bloody tempting deleting threads like this are :-D

turfmanphil (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 18:20
Some of the shouting and abuse from NU3 was quite frankly dreadful and I just hope Thomas and Akinbiyi didnt hear any of it. There were chants of derision and various attempts at booing throughout the match with some fans having a go at others for shouting the abuse.

The intensity of the booing increased in the last 15-20 minutes

Not a spectacle I want to see or hear again.

bfcuk_bev (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 18:49
Well If i couldnt hear it in the Upper JH, i am sure the players couldnt!

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT......... THE FUTURE'S SCOTTISH!

http://i11.tinypic.com/2cpb4pe.jpg

turfmanphil (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 18:50
I hope you are right

Turfite (IP Logged)
03 April, 2007 19:11
doesn't matter now as we are back to winning ways

LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
15 March, 2009 16:22
Quote:
theultimatewarrior
Remember it well Dan, Oh to have the days of scoring 5 at home.

Quote:
dandeclaret
TUW - 5 goals - players like cook and little passing the ball - it's all pipe dreams now mate.

smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Just reading this thread whilst contemplating how we were all feeling under BYMOP. But my head really hurts now.

CheshireExile (IP Logged)
15 March, 2009 18:11
Them were the days. grinning smiley

http://i53.tinypic.com/2h5m9fa.jpg

15 March, 2009 19:20
The boo-boys are still there though, just biding their time. (Sm14)

BC

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
15 March, 2009 19:34
If they hadn't booed, would we have got Coyle?

Turfite (IP Logged)
15 March, 2009 19:47
Quote:
If they hadn't booed, would we have got Coyle?

The board know when a managers isn't up to the job without the supporters booing

15 March, 2009 21:24
Quote:
Turfite

The board know when a managers isn't up to the job without the supporters booing

You'd have thought 19 matches without a win would be enough for the Board to have realised SC wasn't up to the job but they didn't sack him.

Sometimes they need a little nudge from the terraces to let them know it's time to act.

BC

15 March, 2009 22:20
Quote:
BordeauxClaret
Sometimes they need a little nudge from the terraces to let them know it's time to act.

So booing does work then? (Sm100)

Yeah- I know, I know. grinning smiley

LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
16 March, 2009 07:21
Did we boo in the game against Hull? I think we did.

Piebasedlifeform (IP Logged)
16 March, 2009 08:18
Reading that, well, I'm struggling to see where people get negative opinions of people like TMP from.......

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qi32b8.jpg

Turfite (IP Logged)
16 March, 2009 14:13
Booing a manager at the end of a game I don't see a problem with, But I don't agree with booing players or the manager during the game

16 March, 2009 14:49
Quote:
Turfite
Booing a manager at the end of a game I don't see a problem with, But I don't agree with booing players or the manager during the game

It's not something I've ever done T but I think if someones paid good money to watch a match and they're not happy with what they're seeing, then they've a right to boo if they want to.

BC

theultimatewarrior (IP Logged)
16 March, 2009 15:00
The one thing about TurfManPhil, he creates journeys.

Turfite (IP Logged)
16 March, 2009 17:14
No neither have I b/c, But if someone is going to boo the manager then imo that's the time to do it not during the match

Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2009 18:28
I boo every game. I figure eventually they will have deserved it and I'd hate to miss the opportunity to do it.

Actually I think all you 'non booers' are really letting the club down by not giving the players some motivation from the sidelines

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

16 March, 2009 18:40
Quote:
Longsiders1882

Actually I think all you 'non booers' are really letting the club down by not giving the players some motivation from the sidelines

I've never felt guilty about my lack of verbal 'encouragement' for those having a mare. There are always plenty of our fans who are onto their case and I don't think one missing boo is going to make much difference. Besides it's difficult to boo with a mouthful of potato pie.

BC

16 March, 2009 22:50
In that case, Wigan must never get booed. Fact.

dandeclaret (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:34
Have Blackburn fans not learnt yet, that Booing never helps?

16 April, 2012 14:53
Thing that struck me about this thread was the Stan match report - forgot how much I used to enjoy the football under him. Oh sure it ended quite badly (though most forget he was working with a tiny budget in the last 2 seasons)

Also been reminded of how awful it was under Cotterill

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 15:28
Stan's triumph was keeping Burnley in the Championship in his last season when he worked on such a shoestring.

16 April, 2012 15:54
Careful Dave - giving Stan credit is not always universally appreciated - you are supposed to subscribe to the 'he'd lost the plot by the end' brigade

aggi (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 20:00
I heard some booing at half time in the Arsenal v Wigan game so I reckon that could be the acid test.

If Wigan win then TMP's right, otherwise it looks like we'll have to start believing Dande and BC.

http://imagegen.last.fm/longside3/recenttracks/mauwf79.gif

17 April, 2012 08:09
Ever regret a post Aggi? smiling smiley

aggi (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 13:55
I can't help it if TMP's right and Dande & BC are wrong. I'm sure they'll be happy to hold their hands up, make their way to Vital, track down the correct board and apologise to TMP.

http://imagegen.last.fm/longside3/recenttracks/mauwf79.gif

17 April, 2012 14:19
I'm happy to hold my hand up and admit I'm wrong anytime, but in Phil's case I'm making an exception.

Besides booing never harmed David Beckham did it, or having a boot thrown at him.

BC

17 April, 2012 14:37
Track down the right board? They could be gone sometime

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net