Current Page: 5 of 5

Re: Global warming. A myth?
Jilted (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 09:28
Quote:
BC2
Quote:
Jilted
The loonies are those who allow capitalism to destroy the planet.

The loonies are running energy policy in the UK and the EU. Capitalism could provide all the cheap energy the good folk of Dundee, and the rest of the UK require, but the eco-loons in government won't allow it. So what is it you want, to save the planet or have cheap energy for Dundee ?

Or are you like Boris, in favour of having cake, and eating it ?(Sm14)

What I want is our leaders to stop playing politics and economics and provide cheap, clean energy for all. It's capitalism that is stopping it. Wouldn't it be nice to wake up and hear the NHS wasn't in crisis, that people weren't starving to death, of course it would, so let's do something about it.
All aboard the Pirate Revolution.

BC3 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 10:22
You want cheap, clean energy and a functioning health service, no need for a revolution, just move to France.

Jilted (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 10:39
France is up to its neck in debt, huge youth unemployment.

[www.france24.com]

It's the same old story the world over, riots in Venezuela and Argentina, Greece bankrupt, Yankland struggling.

Yankland voted for Trump because of large scale unemployment, France may vote for Le Pen, Britain voted to come out of the EU. Every country thinks it can do better by themselves.
There is a documentary on the net called No Sex Please We're Japanese, it shows the problems facing Japan, a shrinking population (which I think is good as the planet is overpopulated)but bad for Japan, a growing elderly population and not enough youth to work and pay taxes to keep social services and pensions going. Japan is thinking of opening the floodgates to let migrants in, hoping they can help keep their capitalist economy going. All the westernised countries economies are facing problems, time to change the system before war breaks out.

BC3 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 12:45
Quote:
Jilted
France is up to its neck in debt, huge youth unemployment.

Of course it is, they're still in thrall to Brussels and the failing grand European super-state project, they joined the euro, they voted in a left-wing president, poured scorn on the Anglo-Saxon economic model and found things just went from bad to worse. Now President Hollande leaves office saying that France is in 'a state of economic emergency'. Quelle surprise, they never learn.

Nevertheless the French Health system functions reasonably well, and certainly a lot better than ours, nothing to do with Capitalism, they just have a coherent strategy for funding health care, the NHS doesn't.

Jilted (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 13:18
It's capitalism and the banking system that has @#$%& things up and will continue to do so unless the people of the world unite.

BC3 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 13:30
As the people of the world will never unite, we'll just have to muddle along. Until it all falls apart, or blows up, which it no doubt will at some point in the future. But I'll probably be long since dead when it does, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it now.

Jilted (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:08
I like the cut of your jib, things aren't right in your lifetime so feck the future generations too.thumbs down

BC3 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:27
Things are righter now in my generation than they've ever been in the history of the world. The danger to future generations is listening to tin-pot revolutionaries and their utopian fantasies. Not that many people do listen to them, as JC and the Labour Party are finding out.

Jilted (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 16:41
If it weren't for some people developing new ideas we would still be living in caves.

BC3 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 20:03
Quote:
Jilted
If it weren't for some people developing new ideas we would still be living in caves.

Indeed, and we can have a rational discussion/argument if you like, on the best way to develop new ideas, analyse the cause of the world's problems, discuss the possible solutions. But just because I disagree with you on the cause of and solution to those problems doesn't mean that you care for the planet and I don't, that you care about future generations and I don't, that you're a better person than me.

We can discuss all these things if you like, but it won't be on the basis that your worldview makes you morally superior to me.

Jilted (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 20:48
You are the one saying that people with similar ideas as I are tinpot and you don't think furure generations should listen to us, do you think JC is morally inferior? Plenty of young people like JC and a large percentage of young people voted to remain in the EU. This world needs new ideas and hopefully the young will bring fresh moral ideas to the fore and make the world a better place for all.

BC3 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 22:02
" Plenty of young people like JC and a large percentage of young people voted to remain in the EU."

A fairly meaningless statement, plenty of young people don't like JC, and plenty of young people voted to leave the EU.

"This world needs new ideas and hopefully the young will bring fresh moral ideas to the fore and make the world a better place for all."

If they want new, moral ideas I would suggest the young need to be looking beyond JC, the Labour Party, and the EU, both tired old institutions, both run by tired old men, none of them exactly incorruptible either. The Pirate Party perhaps ?(Sm14)

Jilted (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 22:41
So 75% of under 24 voters are meaningless because they didn't vote the way you wanted.
JC has brought new morals to the Labour Party after Tory B liar.
The young deserve better than what they are going to inherit.

BC3 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 22:52
Quote:
Jilted
So 75% of under 24 voters are meaningless because they didn't vote the way you wanted.

Where did I say that ? I voted the way I wanted, how everyone else voted was entirely up to them. I said your statement was meaningless, not the votes of under 24s, whether they voted to Remain or Leave. Not averse to putting words into my mouth are you ? But that's entirely justified of course, when you're morally superior.

Jilted (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 23:04
So stating facts are meaningless? Unless of course they fit into your ideology.
I'm sorry you have an inferiority complex, but I have not called your thoughts tinpot yet, but there is still time.

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 23:40
If you want to state facts you would be advised to drop the 75% tripe rolled out by the left wing remoaners. There is absolutely nothing to substantiate it whatsoever.Check it out. The original tosh came from a very limited poll covering a very limited group of people in a very selective area by a rich conservative remainer that was latched onto and trolled out as undeniable fact. If anyone has specific factual information as to how large numbers of people voted they will and should go to prison. Too often opinion is dressed up as fact.....in other words FAKE NEWS. Unfortunately Jilted, human nature, politics and religion get in the way of rational solutions. Anyways, how do you like this home for malcontents you have joined ? fit right in.........thought so.

BC2 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 07:10
Quote:
Jilted
So stating facts are meaningless? Unless of course they fit into your ideology.
I'm sorry you have an inferiority complex, but I have not called your thoughts tinpot yet, but there is still time.

Neither have I called your thoughts tinpot, I have no idea what you actually think, apart from some vague waffle about abolishing capitalism and people uniting. Imo a danger for young people is falling for the propaganda espoused by tinpot revolutionaries with utopian fantasies, if you choose to categorise yourself as such, that's your decision. I couldn't possibly comment.

BC2 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 07:24
Quote:
Jilted
I like the cut of your jib, things aren't right in your lifetime so feck the future generations too.thumbs down

Of course you feel morally superior to me, and anyone else who disagrees with you, isn't that what the above post is meant to indicate ? It's the oldest lefty trick in the world, no rational argument, just claim the moral high ground and keep virtue-signalling.

BC2 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 07:53
Quote:
Jilted
So 75% of under 24 voters are meaningless

As Brian says no one actually knows how many U24s voted or which way they voted. Sky put out a figure of around 36% voting based on previous GE turnouts, the Left didn't like the implications of this low figure and the Guardian soon found an LSE poll that claimed 64% of U24s voted, and of course this estimate has morphed into fact, as convenient estimates tend to do on the Left.

But let's be fair and take that 64% figure as factual, and also assume the other dubious figure, 75% voting Remain as fact. That means 48% of U24s voted Remain and 52% either voted Leave or didn't care enough to vote at all.

How ironic, 48/52, exactly the same split as the actual referendum itself. Stats, don't you just love them.(Sm13)

Jilted (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 19:21
^^^^as Brian would say, "WHAT A MEANINGLESS POST" not that I put words in his mouth

ozchippie (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 12:29
Off topic or what?

Jilted (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 18:18
Quote:
BC2
Quote:
Jilted

Of course you feel morally superior to me, and anyone else who disagrees with you, isn't that what the above post is meant to indicate ? It's the oldest lefty trick in the world, no rational argument, just claim the moral high ground and keep virtue-signalling.

'I feel morally superior', ooh arr, looks more like you are the one trying to plant seeds into feeble minds.

Jilted (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 18:38
Quote:
BC3
You want cheap, clean energy and a functioning health service, no need for a revolution, just move to France.

More left wing propaganda I presume.

[www.france24.com]

Jilted (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 07:18
Here we go again [www.bbc.co.uk]
Soon be hosepipe bans and higher food prices followed by flash floods and more higher food prices.
As I said in another post some scientists have invented a membrane which can filter salt water into fresh water, time to speed up this invention, but I suppose it will be all down to costs and profit rather than helping man stay fed and watered.

soapylily (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 01:39
Global warming is a fact but what they cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt is how much is due to man. What will they blame the next global cooling cycle on (if anyone is around to see it by then)?

Jilted (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 07:13
Mother Nature balances the books at the end of the day, but everything man does creates a butterfly effect. Watched a programme where a guy was up in a paraglider over southern Spain, gliding smoothly over sun dried soil he says the land below was a desert, but he says look what's happening now and the camera pans out to see mile after mile of plastic tunnels under which crops were being grown, as his paraglider flies over the tunnels it shoots up, it's hit man made thermals. Therefore man has changed the weather pattern, hot air rises, cooler air comes in, the hot air drifts off and cools and falls as rain, this is maybe why we are getting flash floods in summer in Europe.
Middle East, they are turning desert into lush fields by irrigating land with water pumped from below ground, saw a cracking picture of acre after acre of round fields over there. These fields are now attracting migratory birds which would normally fly to Africa, man has now altered their course.
Damming of rivers in the Middle East has caused man made dust bowls, which result in sand storms which blow nutrients away to other places.
Everything man does has a knock on effect and with the worlds population growing the effects will come faster and Mother Nature will act, whether she is kind to us or not, only time will tell. The world has always evolved and will continue to do so, with or without man.

BC3 (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 23:43
The eco-loons are out in force again, Hurricane Irma, the biggest storm to hit Florida since 1935, is all down to man made climate change.

So what caused that previous big one in 1935....prohibition ?

Jilted (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 09:41
I'll drink to that.
Of course if there were less people in the area then 'the damage' wouldn't be so great.

Jilted (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 19:10
Another hurricane and another earth tremor, won't be long now until we are all doomed.

Jilted (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 22:22
We are now growing solar panels, well turning arable land into solar farms. Kilowatts must be paying more than a kilo of carrots to our farmers, what happens if this trend continues, the need for more imported food? Surely the government should be passing laws and subsidising for all new buildings to be fitted with solar panels instead.
Watched a programme a few years ago about farming in Spain, a guy was up in a paraglider and the vista as far as he could see was a sea of plastic greenhouses, he said the land used to be barren but was now producing tonnes of food under the plastic sheeting. As his paraglider neared the sheeted area it shot up in the area, imo this was due to man made thermals off the plastic, these thermals must affect the weather system. So will converting arable farm land into solar panel land create Man made changes to temperatures?
I see there is a lot of tree planting going on in Africa to try and halt desertification. Africans trying to save farmland while we are destroying ours.

Jilted (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 09:56
Another rockfall at Yosemite. These are omens of worse to come, live each day as if it were your last, the end of the world is nigh.(Sm124)

Jilted (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:09
Just watched Simon Reeve on BBC 2, he's travelling across Russia and getting hassled every step of the way by Putins polis. Anyway he went to Siberia where the permafrost is melting at ever quickening pace, seemingly this causes more and more methane to be leaked into th eatmosphere, which causes even more global warming.
We the plebs need to take direct action, we cannot sit back and allow this planet to be destroyed by politicians and moneymen who only care about their wealth.

Jilted (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 10:21
Just read, “Glitter banned from nurseries”, it’s about the sparkly powder stuff and how bad it is for the environment and there was me thinking...

Anyway, also reading the icecaps are melting from below, seemingly the earths crust is warming up. There has been a number of earthquakes recently, god only knows what is happening below our feet.
Sea levels are rising and people around the globe are having to move their villages to higher ground, even some of the major cities in the world are under threat of flooding. Also as the icecaps melt, the weight of water displaces and will affect the axis and spin of our planet.
It’s only a matter of time before we are all doomed, DOOMED.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net