football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Points for survival?
soapylily (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 09:55
I think we may only get another 6 - will 36 be enough?! Over the past 22 seasons the 18th placed team has averaged 35.8 points....

Re: Points for survival?
kaiapoi claret (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 11:13
I think 38_39 is the safety numbers

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 12:41
I reckon 36 points will be just enough.

Jilted (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 14:45
Think Burnley should be safe looking at the fixtures left.
Huddersfield are goners, Fulham too far back to catch up, Cardiff mmmmm, Burnley v Cardiff 13th April, don’t think Cardiff will beat the drop, Southampton like Burnley should be able to pick up 6-8 points, Brighton have it tough.

Burnley to finish 15th.

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 07:59
If we beat Cardiff I think that 36pts should be ok. I would still like a couple of extra points to be absolutely sure of safety

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

Jilted (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 08:03
Don’t fret, the computer says.....

http://i65.tinypic.com/2i8u783.jpg

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 02:13
36 maybe, 37 probably, 38 for sure

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 15:37
I think they'll surprise us all and get 40

soapylily (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 23:02
I've got tickets for the Arsenal game. I hope its sorted before that!

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 22:04
Soapy we will of course meet up while you are here.

Jilted (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 18:01
Cardiff, Brighton and Southampton all picked up 3 points today.😮 I would never have put money on any of them.

http://i66.tinypic.com/208wq6s.jpg

Coupons were a total disaster this week; last week I hit the crossbar with three coupons, came very close to winning quite a few thousand, but still nae wonga though.(Sm17)

Jilted (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 19:25
End of March

Burnley v Wolves
Fulham V Man C
Cardiff v Chelsea
Palace v Huddersfield
Brighton v Southampton

Can’t see much change at the bottom of the table this month tbh.

Jilted (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 08:36
What Sky punters are thinking.sad smiley

http://i64.tinypic.com/316p5ab.jpg

On a plus Hendrick scored for the RoI, it was against the lowly 194th ranked Gib tbf and not the mighty 117th ranked Kazakhstan.smiling smiley

soapylily (IP Logged)
29 March, 2019 06:54
It would be a surprise if we get anything against Wolves!

29 March, 2019 20:20
Oh Ye of little faith.

Jilted (IP Logged)
30 March, 2019 21:37
Huddersfield down, Fulham beat and Cardiff v Chelsea tomorrow, perhaps a Carling weekend for the Clarets.

Jilted (IP Logged)
31 March, 2019 21:24
Quote:
Jilted
Huddersfield down, Fulham beat and Cardiff v Chelsea tomorrow, perhaps a Carling weekend for the Clarets.

Oops I meant Carlsberg, oh well foreign pishwater is foreign pishwater at the end o’ the day.

Feel a wee bit sorry for Cardiff, but that’s life.

soapylily (IP Logged)
03 April, 2019 22:09
It would be a surprise if we get anything against bournemouth!

Jilted (IP Logged)
05 April, 2019 18:43
Quote:
soapylily
It would be a surprise if we get anything against bournemouth!

(Sm6)

Jilted (IP Logged)
05 April, 2019 18:47
Another good luck omen.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2rdb1gj.jpg

kaiapoi claret (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 01:44
I hope Dyche leaves Hendricks in Starving Marvins doing the dishes then we will have a chance of coming away with a result

Alfie (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 22:11
Three more points will see us safe..

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 04:34
Quote:
So_Cal_Claret
36 maybe, 37 probably, 38 for sure

So if I'm right (which would be a first according to my wife) - win next week and job done!

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 09:43
A win next week and Burnley would be 11 points ahead of Cardiff, but....if they don’t, it could be squeaky bum time.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2lasqjk.jpg

07 April, 2019 15:05
It's not as simple as that Jilts. Southampton, Brighton and now Newcastle are all in the mix as well.

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 18:18
Quote:
Shanghaiclaret
It's not as simple as that Jilts. Southampton, Brighton and now Newcastle are all in the mix as well.

I know, Newcastle have to play both Brighton and Southampton, Brighton also have to play Cardiff, as a betting man ( not a very good one ) I’d say Newcastle and Southampton have a so-so run-in but could/should pick up more points, Brighton have the tougher run-in imo, but as they are only 3 points behind with 2 games in hand, 3 points isn’t a big gap. Tbh, I can’t see Burnley getting much from their last four games, so a win against Cardiff is a ‘must’, or it’s squeaky bum time.

Alfie (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 19:40
Don't worry about the Clarets JJ ,you need to worry about Dundee staying up .. Not looking good is it.. thumbs up

09 April, 2019 00:09
A draw with Cardiff would see us stay up now.

Having said that I'm looking up the table now not down it. I was seriously impressed with how we played on Saturday. Each place we finish higher is worth a couple of million pounds to us, or to put it another way a wage.

I believe that it is our destiny to take points off Man Citeh. I also think that we will beat Arsenal. That is the least we deserve.

As for Dundee, it lookalike they have raised the white flag and surrendered. Looks like they will be playing the Honest men down at Somerset next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 00:13 by Shanghaiclaret.

Jilted (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 08:05
We haven’t surrendered but I think the Celts 96th minute goal last month knocked some of the stuffing out of us.
Looking like we are down, just hope United don’t get promoted.

soapylily (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 22:01
It would be a surprise if we get anything against Cardiff

Jilted (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 22:27
Quote:
soapylily
It would be a surprise if we get anything against Cardiff

Will you be inserting a NOT next week?

Seriously worrying though http://i68.tinypic.com/2igmwlj.jpg (Sm124)

12 April, 2019 09:16
He is so positive before every game 😀

Jilted (IP Logged)
12 April, 2019 17:59
“According to the Euro Club Index data analysts, Cardiff have a 94% chance of being relegated, Brighton & Hove Albion have a 3% chance of going down, while Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle's chances of dropping down to the Championship are all rated at 1%”.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Jilted (IP Logged)
12 April, 2019 21:55
Quote:
Jilted
Quote:
Shanghaiclaret

I know, Newcastle have to play both Brighton and Southampton, Brighton also have to play Cardiff, as a betting man ( not a very good one ) I’d say Newcastle and Southampton have a so-so run-in but could/should pick up more points, Brighton have the tougher run-in imo, but as they are only 3 points behind with 2 games in hand, 3 points isn’t a big gap. Tbh, I can’t see Burnley getting much from their last four games, so a win against Cardiff is a ‘must’, or it’s squeaky bum time.

Geordies take three points at Leicestereye popping smiley

soapylily (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 13:40
Yes, that was unfortunate, Leicester looked as though they were raedy for their summer holidays. benitez is still a class manager.

soapylily (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 04:54
Is 39 enough? It would be a surprise if we get anything against Chelsea (Sm159)(Sm22)

14 April, 2019 11:48
Two weeks ago you couldn't see us getting anything against Wolves.
Last week you couldn't see us getting anything against Bournmouth.
A day ago you couldn't see us beating Cardiff.
We will do ok against Chelsea.

Alfie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 17:24
Staying up
Staying up
Staying up..

(Sm149)

15 April, 2019 12:27
36 points is good enough.

soapylily (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 13:36
Look, we have got maximum points since I have become a doubter. I doubt we will get anything against Chelsea!

Jilted (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 20:35
I doubt you could predict the winning euro lotto numbers for tomorrow, but.....

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 08:57
Gentlemen I am smirking... I predicted on here they would surprise us all and get 40 a few weeks back... and me the worst glass half full on the planet.

I think we will draw with City and beat Arsenal 1-0.
Lose at Chelsea and draw at Everton. so we will finish with er um
44 points.
Apparently if the season had started after Boxing day we would now be fourth

By the way put Friday oct 25 in yer diaries we are planning a bit of a Bob Lord shindig at the Turf

Jilted (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 10:48
Cardiff v Liverpool today, going to stick a couple of bob on 1-3 on the way to the pub, Brighton picked up a point at Wolves, they have a hard run in, Cardiff may just beat the drop.

Jilted (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 20:57
Everton 4 v Man U 0 didn’t see the match and didn’t see this thrashing coming either
Palace beat Arsenal, thought it would be close, Still didn’t think Palace would take all three points.
Cardiff, well didn’t expect anything else but a Liverpool win.
Palace, Newcastle and Bournemouth now mathematically safe, but still Cardiff live to fight another day.

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 00:35
I'm with you DT.....sort of. I have been expressing to my good lady that someone is gonna cop it from the Clarets in these last few games. Whether it will be as DT has predicted I do not know but it will be interesting. Beating the gunners would be justice long time coming.Tom and Ashley back in the front line along with the magic of M'c Neil has made all the difference imho. At Xmas I thought we were nailed on relegation and I am delighted to be proven wrong.
Who would I prefer to win the prem league ? I guess that would be Liverpool for some slightly quercky historical reasons......and on that basis a Clarets win against City would do the trick........but on the other hand we have done pretty good out of City in Trippier and Ban Mee and nothing from Liverpool cast offs player wise. Both are northern teams so it is win win for me. Another season of SD at the helm with all my misgivings is still number 1.Burnley on the world stage one more time is something I never thought I would see.Be grateful for what we have.UTC

soapylily (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 00:43
Well Warnock has given up trying to catch us - talking about 2 wins and a draw 😎

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 15:35
We are gonna get some great publicity for the Bob Lord book if we do stay up. It was one of his strongest predictions that little clubs, small town clubs would simply melt into the background, if not disappear, destroyed by the big city clubs. They would became of little consequence. But here we are on the verge of a fourth consecutive season int prem. He would be astonished especially as by 1981 he had run the club into the ground and it was as good as insolvent.

Jilted (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 20:08
oyf what a clearance off the line
OYF WHAT A GOAL

Jilted (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 20:25
24mins 2-2, a rather enjoyable watch so far.

Jilted (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 21:57
Ooh I wonder what’s happening down tunnel?
Well what can I say, still the sums say it’s not 100% but....

Edit, nothing happening in the tunnel.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net