Latest news:

Burnley 1 Brighton 0
Discussion started by TheLongside.co.uk , 08 December, 2018 17:30
Burnley 1 Brighton 0
TheLongside.co.uk 08 December, 2018 17:30
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Burnley 1 Brighton 0
So_Cal_Claret 09 December, 2018 02:02
Seems like the "will and desire" are back. Not the quality yet. We seemed to be over anxious to move the ball forward quickly resulting in many passes going astray when there was time for an extra touch and a look.

Not a Bardsley fan but these last two games he's led the fight. Mee and Tarks starting to play better. Brady is starting to get back to his best - not there yet. Need a forward to step up and take the half chances we are making,

Does Joe Hart ever leave his line?? That was my one criticism of Tom but Hart is a whole lot worse.

Will take the 3 points all day long and hopefully gives us something to build on,

Jilted 09 December, 2018 11:04
Pretty generous odds I thought..

http://i65.tinypic.com/flilty.jpg

...there must be a few Burnley fans a little richer today.

soapylily 09 December, 2018 12:16
I watched it this afternoon without knowing the score, not good for the heart! The first 30 minutes were dire. Hart didn't have a save to make all afternoon though his command of his penalty area is none existent. Most saves and most goals in the Premiership... says it all re our defence though yesterday the spirit was returning and that win will have done them the power of good. For me its time to replace the spine at Spurs. Heats for Hart, Gibson/Long for Mee and Vydra or Sam for Wood. If Ward is fit I would give Taylor a rest.

SD will though revert to 4-4-1-1 with Hendricks until we are 2 or 3 down after 60 minutes....

Huyton was adamant it wasn't a penalty on the tough as nails and clever Bardsley. Quite right too - its the Clarets we don't do penalties!

Jilted 09 December, 2018 12:33
Just seen highlights on Sky, belly good goal. Wintry looking weather conditions, didn’t see much of Brighton till second half, high boot went unpunished, from the little I’ve seen Burnley looked deserved winners.

Foreverclaret 09 December, 2018 17:56
Bardsley has certainly made a difference with that extra bite. Tarks also put a big shift in. Unfortunately however much you wish to see Heats back it won't be happening, his days at the Turf are numbered, shame really as the season before his injury was a cracker. Not even sure we will see Nick back anytime soon, he is the one I would like especially after his great season before injury, even if fit he would not be able to walk straight back in you know what SD is like regards fitness after injury.

Dave Thomas 09 December, 2018 22:36
We remain a poor footballing side. The main tactic is pass it around 9 or 10 times in our own half then a diagonal whoosh to the head of either of the two strikers. For that you have to have Vokes, but now its Wood hopeless in the air with his back to goal, and Barnes not much better.

Wing play is fitful and only when Gudmondsson gets the ball which is not that often. Lennon is no longer an attacking winger.
So we score from scraps.

I fear for us at Spurs and Arsenal but maybe karma will help out at Arsenal with a flukey last minute win thanks to a disputed penalty.

Hart, capable of flying saves but gives me the willies with his lack of command of the 6 yard area

So_Cal_Claret 09 December, 2018 23:07
True. Whatever happened to "moving it through the units?" Midfield is pretty much by passed these days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net