football
Latest News:

What if......
Jilted (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 10:04
......the “big boys” @#$%& off to a Super League?

Re: What if......
So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 15:52
Might be a good thing, but as usual will depend on money. How much will be left for the English Div 1? Will there be an incentive for multi-millionaires to come in and buy a Div 1 title? or will they want the Euro league title?

If they do bu**er off, then Div 1 should take the opportunity to set up a fair competition with things like a salary cap in place. Won't happen.

Jilted (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 20:28
Sky Sports this morning said only five English clubs were invited to talks, Spurs weren’t eye popping smiley imagine that big new shiny stadium of theirs and they end up playing in some ‘lesser’ league.
The EPL dosh would plummet, it’s the global tv market interest in the EPL that makes it so rich, would foreign investors pump money into the likes of Wolves in the hope of being invited into the ‘big league’? I doubt it, I think a new super league would be rather elitist, more chance of clubs from the Far East and the Americas joining me thinks.
Some say the idea is already a dead duck, so we will just have to wait and see what unfolds I suppose.

chalkyncfc (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 12:31
The founder members would be guaranteed twenty years in the league before they could be relegated so unless I'm missing something as they would all be founder members the league would stay the same for two decades,that's gonna be very boring once the novelty has worn off and going to away games is going to be very expensive every other week

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net