football
Latest News:

Wolves 1 Burnley 0
TheLongside.co.uk (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 08:01
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Wolves 1 Burnley 0
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 09:54
It is a good job we were not up against City or Liverpool playing like we did, I dread to think how many they would have put past us.

I know it is only "early days yet" as people keep saying but when you are bottom and needing to pick up some points it is always more difficult.

Vokes and Barnes together up front does not work especially when there is no service whatsoever.

Lennon spent more time at the back than he did going forward.

Last season we had two wing backs in Lowton and Ward (both sat on the bench) who got the ball into the box on a regular basis something that Bardsley and Taylor cannot do.

We cannot seem to hang onto the ball at all, passes seem to go straight back to the opposition, Hendrick was a prime example with this.

For some reason Mee does not look anything like the player he was last season.

It is most unfortunate that we are missing Defour and Brady as I am sure with those two back and Gudmundsson now back that trio would make a significant difference. Add to that Lowton and Ward and we would become in my opinion a much stronger team.

Time will tell for us now, but the phrase "It is only early days yet" does not give me the confidence for the future. The whole team dynamic has to change and change quickly.

Re: Wolves 1 Burnley 0
Jilted (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 20:08
I know by my bank balance I ain’t the best at footy predictions, but looking at Burnley yesterday I do worry about your EPL survival. Lacklustred performance with no penetration up front, no bite and Hart with a couple of good strong handed saves to save ones blushes.
West Ham won deservedly, Bournemouth too, taking points against Cardiff and Huddersfield are a must imo, or it’s Championship football next season me thinks for Burnley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net