football
Latest News:

Too many irons in the Fire
bhurdwaz mungur (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 12:15
Like many other fans ,I feel much preoccupied by the sore results . Let us scrutinize the present situation :

1. First our players were exhausted by travelling long distances for Europa matches which they are not used of .

2.too many irons in the fire . they could not cope with short intervals between two matches
.3.Their forces were drained as we witnessed during the Man United match .

Our Manager is very much aware of the situation . As from this week ,it will be different . Burnley will live the expectations of their fans .

Re: Too many irons in the Fire
Alfie (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 20:16
Time will tell ..

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 21:38
Last year I remember listening to Sean on many occasions saying that the goal for last year was to improve on the previous year. So it goes to say that the goal for this year should be to improve on last season.

Don't get me wrong I doubt that is possible but sometimes you need to think long term about the consequences of what you are saying. I am afraid he has dug a bit of a hole for himself. The press won't of forgotten.

I really don't accept that the team is tired from the Europa cup exercise. The great Liverpool teams of the seventies would play two games every week, many times in Europe at a time when travel was mush more difficult. None of this chartering flights stuff.

The problem for me is the lack of form of some of our key players and the injuries to others.

Mee, Wood, Ward, Lennon, JBG have yet to play a decent game between them. Dufour and Brady haven't played a game.

With the first five Sean needs to do some coaching and man management. With the last two he needs to be patient.

I think I have given you plenty of ammo there. Three, two , one shoot

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

soapylily (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 22:54
Great to see a comment from Mauritius. I think SD was twixt a rock and a hard place with not being able to get in the targets he wanted and having key personnel absent. I doubt we can finish in the top six but neither do I see us struggling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net