football
Latest News:

Jimmy McIlroy: 1931-2018
TheLongside.co.uk (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 12:59
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Jimmy McIlroy: 1931-2018
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 13:12
Not overshadowing your Jimmy Mac thread Jilts but I believe the best thoughts and respects come from the club and its supporters.

A truly awful day today, We have lost who in my eyes having seen him play when I was growing up the greatest ever Burnley player.

Tributes at the link

Tributes To An Icon

20 August, 2018 13:19
More about Jimmy from the club;

Jimmy McIlroy

soapylily (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 14:16
A very sad day. The Knight who never was who will forever grace Turf Moor with glorious memories of a superstar in an age before the word was invented.

Alfie (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 20:56
R.I.P. Jimmy Mac.. I was absolutely gutted when finding out he had passed away.. He was and still is the greatest footballer I have ever seen play in the famous Claret and Blue of Burnley.. Thanks for some wonderful memories in my boyhood supporting Burnley and attending matches with my dad..

kaiapoi claret (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 21:30
R.I.P. Jimmy he was always a master at his work A pleasure to watch him play A sad day for all claret fans worldwide

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
21 August, 2018 07:06
Condolences from Arsenal Times, a great player and character.
When I was a kid he was one of the stars of football that we looked up to.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

21 August, 2018 10:49
A good QandA session with Jimmy August 2008

QandA Session

21 August, 2018 10:52
The Brain Of Burnley

Jimmy Mac

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
22 August, 2018 22:24
Let's just say it was an absolute joy to spend 18 months seeing him most weeks to work on the biog and the scrapbook. As a kid like so many others I hero-worshipped him. As a grown up I used to pinch myself that I met him so often in his home, at the design studio and in Leeds when he came to stay for a couple of weekends. Those two books are my pride and joy and I like to think their quality matches his own. I know he loved working on the scrapbook in particular. Anyone who is lucky enough to have bought one has a real treasure of a book. A lovely and special man.

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 03:23
I just missed him in his playing days but looking back, he was my Dad's only hero. I suspect now that the reason my Dad still bought season tickets but gave them to me as a kid was that he was one of those who never watched Burnley again after they sold Jimmy Mac.

A true legend, a gentleman, a hero to many. It's people like Jimmy Mac that you wish could live forever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net