football
Latest News:

Three England Keepers?!
soapylily (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 04:32
noting FC's 'rumours' thread, Does this mean Tom is on the way? if I was Lindegaard/Legzdins I would be a little @#$%& off by this turn of events

[www.bbc.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 04:34 by soapylily.

Re: Three England Keepers?!
So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 04:54
Agree Soapy. Football is a brutal business,

Scenario is we sign Hart for $4M, sell Tom in Jan for $15M when Pope is fit and Lindegaard and Legzdins (especially Lindegaard who has done well for us) get screwed.

Club makes $10M and we still have two England keepers on our books.

Jilted (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 11:40
Never been a fan of Hart, he’s a good keeper but over rated imo. Heard he is on £180k a week but will take a wage cut for a permanent move to an EPL club, so I suppose he would be looking for a minimum of a two year contract if not more, £4m transfer plus wages, sounds a lot of money for what most see as a backup keeper, or will he be? (Not sure he would want to be a bench warmer, he could sit on his erse at Man C until his contract is up). He’s been about a bit so maybe his experience could help off the field, I’m sure SD is more qualified than me to make judgement.

Jilted (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 11:48
Just read on another site his contract is up at Man C??? Contradicts what I read on another?

Had a wee google, says he has one year left on his contract and is ONLY on £120k a week, well there’s a £60k a week saving already on what I read earlier.

In Dyche we trust, in google not so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 12:02 by Jilted.

soapylily (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 12:48
I think the max for anyone at BFC is 40K.

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 16:07
I am led to believe it was £45K tops last season Soapy don't know if it has been upped this season or not. Also I have heard (no proof mind you) that Ben is after £90k, he has no chance, Maybe why Gibson is being signed?

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 23:32
Quote:
Jilted
I’m sure SD is more qualified than me to make judgement.

Say no more!

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:27
All is now eerily quiet on the Hart front.

Jilted (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 19:07
Quote:
Dave Thomas
All is now eerily quiet on the Hart front.

Dropped one?

07 August, 2018 02:37
Suspect Hart is waiting to see of Butland or Pickford goes to Chelsea. Might get a bigger wage packet at Everton or even Stoke and be guaranteed starter.

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 09:06
Sky claiming Hart signed for Burnley late last night for £3.5m and deal will be confirmed today, 2 year contract with an extra year option.

Jilted (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 22:35
Hart being mentioned for a callup for England, said a few times on here I’ve never been a fan of Hart, but what I have seen of him this season I’m slowly changing.

soapylily (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:15
I don't think he is as good as Heats or Pope and after those 3 defeats I would like to have seen Heaton return, he seems to inspire confidence.

Jilted (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 22:24
What about ‘a next four games’ thread soapy?

soapylily (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 11:23
Which one of the three will be gone in January? My head says Heaton and my heart Hart....

Jilted (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 11:51
Heaton to go in January and Hart to drop to the bench.

Jilted (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 18:11
Watched the highlights of the Palace game last night,nothing Hart could do at the goals, he had a couple of fine saves and wee bit luck, as I have said a dozen times, I’ve never been a fan of his but I think he’s having a good season.

02 December, 2018 19:35
Either Hart or Heaton to go in January. Pope is the future and it would be pretty silly for us to be starting with Hart and Heaton as our top two keepers next season.

However, when someone throws $30M on the table in January - guess who's going?

03 December, 2018 08:42
Quote:
Jilted
Watched the highlights of the Palace game last night,nothing Hart could do at the goals, he had a couple of fine saves and wee bit luck, as I have said a dozen times, I’ve never been a fan of his but I think he’s having a good season.

29 shots against with 2 for tells the real story in my view, Hart was again our best player, in my view he has been my choice for player of the season so far, he has stopped so many shots which has saved us from some real drubbings.

If you have a chance watch again when Townsend is lining up for his shot, Mee was woefully out of position leaving far too much space, he was shouting and pointing to Taylor to go and cover him, that was Mees job. We are poor in midfield, we cannot hit the target and our defence is all over the place, that is not Harts fault.

soapylily (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 06:00
FC, for me he doesn't command his area like Tom did. We have gone from a keeper (Pope) with the best stats in the Premiership to one who has let the most goals in this season. I do not think that is a coincidence.

04 December, 2018 09:17
Soaps, bringing Heaton in alone is not going to sort the problem, it doesn't matter who is in goal for us we will not suddenly start to win games, the problem lies in other areas, midfield, defence attack. SD can put Heaton in tomorrow for me I really do not mind which of the 3 plays, I just cannot agree with some of the internet stick Hart is getting.
He is the new kid on the block and it is easy to blame him for our demise but please look elsewhere for the real problem.

You could have the most vociferous and commanding keeper in the World in this team at the moment and he would not make the difference we are looking for. All in my opinion of course.

Jilted (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 23:01
I think my ‘dislike’ of Hart is from his time at Man C, an average player in a very good team imo, now he is probably a good player in an average team.(Sm125)
At the end of the day it’s a team sport, don’t blame the last man(imo) when the
last man has to defend the whole team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net