football
Latest News:

Chris Wood Brokers Equal Pay Deal
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 10:21
Well done Chris, Top man, (Sm152) fully behind you.

Chris Wood

Re: Chris Wood Brokers Equal Pay Deal
Jilted (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 11:05
I’m all for a more equal fairer society, but I don’t get this. There are footballers playing for the same team in the EPL where some are on tens of thousands a week and others are on hundreds of thousands a week. Should players in the MENS English championship and lower leagues be payed the same as EPL players? Is female football truly on a par with the male game?
A boozer I used to drink in, the barman used to work a busy Sunday afternoon shift on his own, come six o’clock two females took over and were each payed more an hour than the barman, even though the bar was quieter after six, why was the barman payed less even though he did more work? Answer - he was under twenty one. Minimum wage is unequal and unfair and many companies are also paying staff below minimum wage, how? Because they are claiming staff are ‘apprentices’ and minimum wage doesn’t count.
Discrimination and inequality is much more prevalent on our own doorsteps, perhaps our heroes could do more for the average ‘man in the street’ by taking our national governments to task as well as sporting governing bodies.
I notice Woods sister and girlfriend play football.
Anyway, I suppose every little helps in the fight for equality.

soapylily (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 13:15
What a load of@#$%&Chris Wood. I've travelled long haul in both business and economy and for them to say it takes 3 or 4 days to recover from one and not the other is bollocks. I am all for equality - As for equal pay I say lets have mixed teams and pay those in the team/squad the same. What? no women are good enough to get in the team? Then why pay them the same? In nz however inb the present, the women seem to be much better than the men so why not pay them more to reflect on their success?

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 13:52
Serious question:

Where is all this money suddenly coming from ?
Huge rise in attendances & gate receipts ? Massive tv & sponsorship deals ? Chinese & Russian multi billionaires ?

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Jilted (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 16:31
There’s a big push on by Sky Sports to promote women’s sport at the moment.

[www.skysports.com]

That way they can create more channels that you will never watch but will charge you for them.
Remember back in the day when I only had SS1 and the Scottish football was on SS2 so had to subscribe to both channels to watch both English and Scottish football, not sure how many sports channels I have now as I only watch 2 or 3 of them.

Many men’s games have women reporters now and read the other day female refs will be in charge of some EPL games in the near future.

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 16:55
Womens football is dreadful & dire to watch.
Not even anywhere near Sunday league standard.

All this 'forced feeding' will make people more adamant in not watching the garbage.
I'm one of them.

All this equal pay nonsense has been coming.I said it on here a while back.

Them 'gender neutral' gobsh!tes....Billie Jean King & Martina whatsitsname have a lot to answer for..

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2018 17:01 by fulledgelad.

Jilted (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 17:23
I watched a women’s game on the telly a few months back and thought it was alright, never thought I’d see the day when I thought that.
There was netball on Sky the other day, wtf. I suppose we are all different and like different things, Paralympics, Invictus Games, if nothing else some things give the Royals something to do.
Bring back It’s A knockout I say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2018 22:22 by Jilted.

soapylily (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 20:53
Ah yes Its a knockout and Stuart Hall. but wasn't there something a it dodgy about him?

[en.wikipedia.org])

Jilted (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 21:08
Think the dipstick got done for fiddling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net