football
Latest News:

Battle Of Naples
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 12:12
The Mail have published today an article on Burnley's last foray into Europe.

Read at the link below;

Naples 1967

Re: Battle Of Naples
Jilted (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 21:01
No internet and iPhones then, just reporters with a pen and paper and a film roll camera.
Doesn’t seem that long ago when I used to see photographers running out of Dens ten minutes before the final whistle to go get their film developed so DC Thomsons could print the Sporting Post (which was a Saturday night paper which contained match reports). After only a few pints paperboys would come around the pubs and many a copy was bought as there was no Sky Sports News on the telly either. Sadly the paper is no more, mobile phones and cable tv killed it off. Remember some guys used to take small transistor radios to the match too and folk would keep asking them for score updates.
Anyway here’s hoping you lads can a more peaceful journey abroad next season, fingers crossed.

soapylily (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:41
Great article, including the chairman's perspective. Are we a developmeVt club though?

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 23:11
Unfortunately being one of the younger posters on here I can't quiet remember our last European venture. I have seen most of the photos before but enjoyed the read.

Interesting point about us being a development club. In my opinion we are but not as we know it. Look how the entire team has developed individually in the past twelve months or so. There is not one player who hasn't improved.

Unfortunately we struggle to identify, attract or develop youth players. Not sure why but hopefully we can rectify this. There is a lad from Skipton, Younger, who Have great hopes for.

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net