football
Latest News:

Manchester United 2 Burnley 2
TheLongside.co.uk (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 17:41
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Manchester United 2 Burnley 2
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 17:45
Great point but oh so close to the 3, fantastic free kick from Defour, on we go.

Jilted (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 18:37
Remind me not to bet against Burnley next week.
Can’t believe your away record this season after lasts.
Speaking to a mate last week in the pub he can’t get a coupon up either, no sure bets (well there ain’t such a thing as I know, but in the days of old there were ‘stonewallers’) as they say it’s a funny old game.

Alfie (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 21:33
Gutted about that last minute goal,but a great result nevertheless..Well done the Clarets

soapylily (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 07:20
Just as was thinking we could have done with Joey Barton or Brady up steps Defour - priceless!

ozchippie (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 11:09
Watched the moaning ones' after match interview, apparently
we defended for 95 minutes. What's the point of even talking
to the idiot. At least SD knows about football.

Jilted (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 13:19
Just watched the highlights, looked like a good game, both teams could have scored more. Cracking free kick by Defour.
£300m not enough to build a team? Now I know where teams are going wrong.

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 15:03
I thought the whole point of having defenders is for them to defend for every minute of a game and when the opportunity arrives for strikers or whoever to pop the ball in the opponents net.2-0 up in first half without reply suggests that we understand the principle much better than the half wit sour faced moaner.with just a couple of their players in our squad they would have been facing a quite heavy defeat yesterday imo. Defour is a class act and his work rate has improved considerably. He looks one happy bunny now that he is properly involved. The Barnes goal is what he does best imo but has not done for quite some time in that he can score in the tightest of 12yd box situations. I thought the game against Spurs was very un Burnley like so was not unduly worried as long as it stayed just a blip which yesterday suggests it was.Incredible season so far and even more so considering injuries and size/quality of squad.

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 03:44
Great result - and one hell of a free kick - worth the price of admission alone (not that I was there...).

And still fell gutted we didn't get all 3 points.

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 15:40
Gutted indeed, Vokes unlucky to be penalised for the alleged foul that led to the equaliser.
And still pics ont other website show Vokes level with the defender when he was pulled up for offside. 3-1 and the game is won.
And what a moaner Mourinho is. he's a bloody insult to the game.
Great day out though.

NJMcWilliam (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 19:22
Tough set of results from the Holiday games.........gutted by the Liverpool winner....Jose is getting 'old', the sooner he moves to PSG the better. Still if we knew at the beginning of the season that we'd have 34 points on the board by January 1, we'd all be celebrating a fantastic, over-achieving club's outstanding first half of the season performance. There again if my aunt had ****ocks she'd be my uncle!

Flipo (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:47
Burnley were the epitome of anti-football the entire 90 minutes. Had zero chances, scored from 2 set pieces and had 10 men behind the ball for the entire game. Agenda posters in here won't say anything about it ofc. We dominated the entire game - the only reason United didn't win is because we struggle in the final 3rd. Also constantly changing our 2 CB's is starting to cost us dearly.

Alfie (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:18
Quote:
Flipo
Burnley were the epitome of anti-football the entire 90 minutes. Had zero chances, scored from 2 set pieces and had 10 men behind the ball for the entire game. Agenda posters in here won't say anything about it ofc. We dominated the entire game - the only reason United didn't win is because we struggle in the final 3rd. Also constantly changing our 2 CB's is starting to cost us dearly.

Yes,all those millions and your overpaid team of stars couldn't beat little Burnley.. I bet you couldn't believe what you were watching...Maybe you expected us to just turn up and roll over and let you win..Comeback when you can appreciate what Sean Dyche has achieved at Little Burnley,then you might respect how we have to play..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net