football
Latest News:

!!! IMPORTANT !!! All Posters Please Read
Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 23:02
Quite a number of years ago we opened a bank account in the name of The Longside, it was done for fund raising purposes to be used when we held social events and for sponsoring players. Many of our original posters contributed by way of donations and the purchasing of raffle tickets at our social functions.

Moneyboss has been looking after the account since it was opened and now no longer wants any further responsibility for it. There have been no monies paid out for quite a while now, so we will not be missing anything, all that has happened is that small amounts have been paid into it by Sportnetwork, the amount in the account currently stands at around £350.00p.

Out of all the admin originally involved in running this site the only one still active is myself, Moneyboss and I have taken the decision to close the account in the next week.

What we have decided to do with the outstanding amount is to donate it to a deserving cause, one which ideally we believe should be BFC related, already we have a couple of suggestions those being the Danny Ings Disability Sport Project LINK or the Gary Parkinson Trust LINK If any of you have any serious alternative suggestions with reasons of your own as to where this money can go then please post on this thread or if you prefer privacy then PM me. I will leave this thread up for around a week to review any feedback and we will then make a decision as to who will receive the money.

Once the account is closed to cover off the small amounts of money which are paid to the site by Sportnetwork I will ask if they will donate to a charity, this income is calculated for hits on the front page which these days only amounts to a few pounds per year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2017 23:16 by Foreverclaret.

Re: !!! IMPORTANT !!! All Posters Please Read
Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 00:06
My personal opinion is that you and moneyboss decide.I would be more than happy with that situation.

soapylily (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 07:31
Great thought FC, whatever you decide is going to be the right decision

BC2 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 08:04
Perfectly happy for you to decide FC.

Alfie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 17:15
Whatever you think FC.. thumbs down

Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 13:56
Perhaps the memorial garden Tom?

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 23:46
Happy for you to make the decision FC and I will support you.

Good to see a couple of strangers on this thread. Come back more often you are missed

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 17:26
OK guys and gals.

Thank you all for backing my decision which is to donate the monies £335.47p to Clarets In The Community, I am sure it will be used to good effect.

A cheque has been raised and Moneyboss will send it on once she has received it back. (two signatories are required one lives oop North and one lives darn Sarf hence the slight delay)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net