football
Latest News:

Sd in the shop window
Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 22:28
listening to Sd it would appear that he has placed himself firmly in the "come get me" shop window. He has never done this before, to his credit, but he has now.

Re: Sd in the shop window
So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 00:09
The Everton situation scares me - he could be gone.

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 10:14
it will happen one day, it is inevitable, every working chap likes to get a better job sooner or later. We have had a great 5 years out of him and all I can say to SD is a BIG well done and I will wish him well in wherever his journey takes him next, I would love it if we can get another season out of him.

Jilted (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 13:46
Quote:
So_Cal_Claret
The Everton situation scares me - he could be gone.

Koeman gone.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

soapylily (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 13:57
very frustrating innit? Having perhaps the greatest England manager in the PL at this time.I don't know why h would head for the relegation zone....

Jilted (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:39
SD may not change his colours.

[www.skysports.com]

Wenger, l like him and think he has a good recor but his position is never out of the news.
The 'big clubs' need to be up there fighting for the title and European football, no European football and their global brand falters as does their income. I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp got the boot, he has charisma but I'm not sure he is the man for Liverpool.
Funny old game being a football manager, just look at Moyes and Ranieri.

NJMcWilliam (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:51
Koeman going so quickly after Shakespeare may be a good thing for the Clarets - SD will be aware that he has his 'body of work' at Turf Moor, but that 'body of work' remains to be 'completed' (probably ensuring 2017/18 Prem status and 2018/19 pushing on for a Europa spot). He accomplishes this 'body of work' (he loves using the same phrases, so sorry for the repetition!) and then he's in line to take the Arsenal job as Wenger moves on.
I don't see SD as an 'opportunist', moving for the sake of moving - Leicester would be not that dissimilar from his current job. Everton, one can argue would be a step up, and he'd do a great job for that club, but the Arsenal job is a prize that perhaps he craves. It is on the horizon for SD with Wenger having a short time left on his contract, or am I just trying to rationalize why I want SD to stay?!!!!

Jilted (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 17:25
What a difference 5 hours make.

http://i65.tinypic.com/s1ti5e.jpg

The odds on the new Everton manager are changing all the time too and differ from newspapaer to newspaper.
Unsworth, Moyes and SD all in the running, even Gordon Strachan got a mention, as did the Neville brothers.eye popping smiley

Jilted (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 21:53
Unsworth on Sky, Everton are great, Everton fans are great, Evertonians are proud, it's an amazing club, blah, blah, blah, I'm sure he'll say the same about his next club after he gets fired.smiling smiley

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 23:32
Everton if I were to sum them up would be to say that they are essentially a larger version of ourselves.And as my cousin in law ex Everton player said said some weeks back "Dyche would a great fit for us" I have to agree so hope they have their sights set elsewhere.

Jilted (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 00:03
I see him at West Hameye popping smiley
I think the step up to Everton is too big for him at this moment, they have spent a lot of money, are moving to a new stadium, I think they need a ' bigger' name than SD.
West Ham are a level below Everton imo and I think he would be more suited there, (if Bilic goes soon that is).
I see SD moving to Everton akin to Moyes move to Man U, don't think he could turn things around in the timescale he'd be given.
Just my thoughts.

25 October, 2017 13:00
The bin dippers are trying to pull the wool over Sean’s eyes.

Chance to lead a ‘historic, prestigious club based in Liverpool’.

Jilted (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:30
My mate today says big Sam is heading stateside, can't see anything online about it.
Reading some Liverpool news sites and many Everton fans don't want SD.

So don't panic, don't panic, just yet.

NJMcWilliam (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 18:32
Sam has made it clear he fancies taking over the USA national team (mens) - the weather in the southern USA states may have something to do with this. His love of detail and statistics will play very well with the typical US sports fan, plus the typical player over here actually listens to, and follows, coaching instructions.......go figure!!
Harston is pushing SD to make a noise to claim the Toffees job, but there has been quite a bit in the press about Everton fans wanting a marquee name - I really want SD to stay at Turf Moor as long as he can..........his 'body of work' will be more 'relevant' if he shows the 'resilience' and remains 'part of the team'...........I would so miss all his stock phrases if he isn't using them to describe the Clarets.

Jilted (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 23:21
Puel is the next Leicester manager.
So one down.
As I say, I don't think SD has the pedigree at the moment for the Everton job.
Hammers beat the Spuds, so Bilic will probably be safe for the mo.
Dundee United are looking for a manager after sacking McKinnon, can't see him going there, but"......If Dundee get beat again ( @#$%& 1-0 by Motherwell tonight) on Saturday, the mighty Dee may be looking for a new manager by Sunday.
Be afraid, very afraid...(Sm6)

Jilted (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:52

Jilted (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 19:32
Glasgae Rangers looking for a min.

Gies a job, I'll run any fitba club for 50k a week for a three year contract.

Alfie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 17:35
Hopefully it's all fake news and Everton have no interest in Sean..

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 03:23
Pray for Unsworth to pull off a couple of wins.

soapylily (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 10:42
Why would SD walk into a relegation battle? Are they such a big club? Then why haven't they done anything for the last 20 odd years? Laughable!

Jilted (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 21:01
Can’t see anyone in a job going to Everton

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 23:14
Good timing by the BBC. thumbs down

Jilted (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 11:24
Bilic gone.

Alfie (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 18:42
Dyche for Wet Spam..lol

soapylily (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 19:57
Goodness knows why the hammers want Moyes - he will take them down.

Jilted (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 19:59
As I said above SD for W Hamsmiling smiley
But my mate said it’s Moyes

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 20:47
Hopefully Moyes gets the double. Sunderland and West Ham in two years.

Just goes to show that moving isn't always the right thing to do. He just about had a job for life at Everton without ever setting the world on fire.
He jumped at the opportunity at @#$%& Utd which turned out for the worst for him.
After @#$%& Utd everything has turned to @#$%& for him.

There is a best fit for everyone in life. Best to recognise that and stay where you are Sean.

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 04:30
Quote:
Shanghai
There is a best fit for everyone in life. Best to recognise that and stay where you are Sean.

Hope SD sees it that way too Shanghai. At the end of the season, I am guessing the West Ham, Everton and Arsenal jobs will all be available (as well as possibly West Brom and Stoke). SD will be a leading candidate for most if not all of them - assuming we stay up and especially if we finish top half.

BC3 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 09:36
Surely it's becoming obvious that, despite all the media speculation, in the short term at least, Sean is going nowhere.

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 09:59
Moyes it is

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 10:19
Looking at Moyes %win stats, his best performance was at Man U with 53% compared to 42% at Everton and a lowly 19% at Sunderland. I like Moyes but he doesn’t come across as someone with a bit of dig and that’s what I think West Ham need, a SAM Allardyce no frills just boring points.

“Thousands of West Ham fans streamed out before the end of Saturday's 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool. One wit suggested that those staying until the end were doing so to beat the traffic”.(Sm6)

Alfie (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 15:28
Quote:
Jilted
Looking at Moyes %win stats, his best performance was at Man U with 53% compared to 42% at Everton and a lowly 19% at Sunderland. I like Moyes but he doesn’t come across as someone with a bit of dig and that’s what I think West Ham need, a SAM Allardyce no frills just boring points.
“Thousands of West Ham fans streamed out before the end of Saturday's 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool. One wit suggested that those staying until the end were doing so to beat the traffic”.(Sm6)

No,the pie and mash shop was opened up early..lol

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 00:31
Moyes given time would have succeeded at manu, his successors have fared, apples for apples, less well. his misfortune was to follow in the footsteps of Alex. People forget his success in Spain when discussing his managerial career, his Sunderland appointment was a hospital pass and he should have recognised it as such. West Ham has the same credentials. Their recent history proves my point. Something aint right at that club and a manager reshuffle will not solve it.

Jilted (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 13:19
Pulis pumped, at least SD hasn’t been mentioned as a replacementsmiling smiley

soapylily (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 16:43
This was on the bbc comments section: "Thank heavens for that, now push the boat out and get Dyche in" I just hope SD wouldn't find it attractive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net