football
Latest News:

Who lives....
Jilted (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 20:05
....where?

Seen handles such as Kaipoi ( New Zealand I think), Shanghai, (China ?)
A number of visitors turn up late at night, (USA? or South America?).

Are you Burnley lads who have spread your wings?

Not sure if Mauritius uses a translator for his posts, are you a fan from afar?

Re: Who lives....
kaiapoi claret (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 21:06
Born and Bred in Burnley Spread my wings to NZ at 20yrs of age Been a Merchant Seaman all my working life Been retired now for 3 years and enjoying everyday of it What about you Jilted whereabouts do you live

Jilted (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 21:18
Dundee, quite a nice city on the banks of the river Tay, Sidlaw hills a couple of miles to the north, unfortunately it has been rather quiet since the credit crunch, quite a bit of building work going down the waterfront but it seems to be taking an age.
If it weren't for family I'd be off tomorrow.(Sm134)

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 23:45
Born and bred in Skipton. Life long Claret.
Lived in China at time I joined this and other boards hence the name.
Live in paradise now. That would be Wollongong, NSW.

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 04:29
You know Shanghai, most people here in Southern California think we live in paradise - those are the people who have never been to Hawaii! If you haven't been there - you need to go.

Moved to Colne when I was 2, first Burnley game was 1963 at Ewood, 2-1 to the lads Connelly with both goals - if memory serves me.

Been in the States since 1982, 1985 in Southern California - close to paradise (but nowhere close to Wollongong).

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 08:24
From Todmorden which as about as exotic as you can get... always fancied writing a novel about a private eye called Tod Morden who had a wooden leg and went everywhere by bus... the false leg bit that bloody J K Rowling beat me to it

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 10:16
Passed through Tormorden on the train the other week, looked quite nice nestled in the valley.

07 September, 2017 10:19
So_Cal

I have been to Hawaii. The North shore and East coast of the "Big Island" are great. You can keep Honolulu for me. I haven't been to the other islands but intend too soon.

Look forward to visiting you in So Cal and catch a few waves with you.

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 11:48
Back in the 50s and 60s Tod was about as grim oop north as you could get but since then demolition of old sreets and mills has opened the place up. Could have been another Hebden Bridge if it had got its act together in the 70s and 80s. But the lefties and LGBT folks settled in Hebden and the rest is history.

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 19:06
Born Accrington Road Burnley, went to my first game on't Turf in 1959, moved to where I am now ST Ives Cambridgeshire in 1988. 3 kids and 7 grandkids, not done too badly in life.

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 20:02
Quote:
Dave Thomas
Back in the 50s and 60s Tod was about as grim oop north as you could get but since then demolition of old sreets and mills has opened the place up. Could have been another Hebden Bridge if it had got its act together in the 70s and 80s. But the lefties and LGBT folks settled in Hebden and the rest is history.

If I lived in such a place I'd move to the EU before it's too late.

Jilted (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 20:06
Anyone live in Burnley?
Anyone apart from me, been down Turf this season?

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 00:23
Only Foreigners allowed to live in Burnley nowadays all the locals have been removed (Sm132) Todmorden has produced 2 Nobel prize winners, both for physics and separated by one generation but taught by the same teacher at the same school.Nowt wrong wi Tod.

soapylily (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 13:32
Tell us more Brian! Will there be a third one for literature?!
I think Hawaii is overrated although I have only spent time on Oahu. San Diego is perhaps the greatestest place to live from a weather if not geological stability perspective. Unless big city life is essential for you then Tasmania would top my list.

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 15:48
I'm sure I have read somewhere that the Canary Islands has the best all year round climate on earth.

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Jilted (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 19:22
From what I heard on other boards from posters, I thought I was going to be the only white face in Burnley, only saw about four black people on the streets of Burnley.
It seems the NW of England is full of xenophobes.eye popping smiley

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 00:17
There are plenty of ethnics in the Burnley areas but contrary to Southern leftie hyperbole they are not under constant threat from the good folk of Burnley. Seems like the Dundee version of lefties are not dissimilar to their southern counterparts in looking for demons in the BNP fascist north as your kind like to believe. Nobel prize panel may not be aware of our esteemed DT.....possibly you could alert them to his credentials Soapy.

09 September, 2017 00:52
Quote:
Shanghai
Look forward to visiting you in So Cal and catch a few waves with you.

Sounds good Shanghai, but get off that paddle board and get a real surfboard! I have family in Sydney and haven't been there since '03 so we are overdue. Maybe catch up down under.

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 01:19
The so called 'Burnley 'Race' Riots'..hahaha

The way it was reported I suppose it looked that way..

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

09 September, 2017 02:38
Quote:
Soapy
I think Hawaii is overrated although I have only spent time on Oahu

To be fair Soapy, we have avoided Honolulu as it just seems to be another big city - would love to see Pearl Harbor though. Go to Maui.

Jilted (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 18:35
Where's peepodaylane from? We have Street in Dundee named that.

11 September, 2017 22:52
Love to see you "Down under" So_Cal. What kind of board are you riding?

I had a shoulder reconstruction. I don't feel comfortable paddling in a wet suit anymore so a SUP works for me.

soapylily (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 09:36
Lets hope Tom Heaton does't need that

12 September, 2017 12:43
His shoulder will never be the same again.

12 September, 2017 14:04
Quote:
Shanghai
What kind of board are you riding?

The quiver is down to two boards these days, a 9'6" Jim Phillips SWT and a 9'2" Robert August that I got to shape with the man himself.

The good news is my 12 year old has given up on his short board and has taken a real liking to the August. We have had a couple of fun sessions together - can't beat that!

Jilted (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 17:03
The end is nigh.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

its happening aloha. Hurricanes, volcanoes and earthquakes. Don't panic, sleep well, it could be your last.(Sm147)

12 September, 2017 22:57
So_Cal

How fantastic that your son goes out with you. Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Must have been a real buzz shaping with Robert August. Was he in awe of you? (Sm14)

I am down to three boards at the moment:

9' Laguna Bay
8' 10" Coreban Platinum
7' 11' Fanatic Allwave

I bought them in that order as I got better. The Fanatic is my usual board.

Jilted (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 16:25
Quote:
Jilted
Where's peepodaylane from? We have Street in Dundee named that.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2n9g8de.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2017 16:26 by Jilted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net